Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 23, 2005 2:40 pm

Ayman schreef:he has such feable shots even my old aunty can shoot harder then him.
I really rate him and I think he's one of our better players when it comes to skill and individual class, but you definitely have a point here. Pienaar would be 'potentially world-class' if he scored more frequently, or at least brought a goalkeeper into trouble with a good, dangerous shot every once in a while.

But these are his weakest points: he seems absolutely and utterly unable to shoot on goal properly and he simply doesn't score enough. That's why I think he will never really make it to the top: he's a 'number 10' and Europe's best are simply not interested in a 'number 10' that scores 5 goals a year.

His shots are just... terrible. Most of his attempts are more like back-passes to the goalkeeper.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do jun 23, 2005 3:40 pm

Hhhhmmmmmm i´ve been thinking, might this have anything too do with Rasmus Lindgren??????? If i recall he said that the only way he was staying at ajax was if ajax promised him a starting spot. Now if you count our current number of ofensive midfielders you'll see that he´s currently far away from a starting spot.... I dont know just a thought. I think Pienaar should stay. But who know´s .....
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do jun 30, 2005 4:35 pm

FC Porto wil nu Trabelsi

is Trabelsi leaving ?
Appie, stay strong !

vagegast

Bericht door vagegast » do jun 30, 2005 8:07 pm

Depends on Blind I guess.

AZ was asking too much for Kromkamp apparentely, their intial asking price was 15 million euros. They lowered it to 10 million but apparentely Porto have lost interest and are looking at Trabelsi. I don't think we should let Trabelsi go cheaply, but there's a price for every player. Except for Escude, of course :D

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » do jun 30, 2005 8:17 pm

I believe Trabelsi has a release clause. If Porto pays us that release clause we are depending on Trabelsi. He said he will stay for one more year, but hey it's Trabelsi. You never know what happens.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jun 30, 2005 9:52 pm

I told you guys, Co Adriaanse took Trabelsi to Ajax and he may well take him to FC Porto. I say we should sell him for 4 million euros

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 30, 2005 11:24 pm

Ayman schreef:I told you guys, Co Adriaanse took Trabelsi to Ajax and he may well take him to FC Porto. I say we should sell him for 4 million euros
I would say 5 million, but if they offer that... Next year he will walk out of the door for nothing.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 01, 2005 10:53 am

Take the money and pay Nigel De Jong a decent contract.

We cannot afford to let players go on Bosmans so if we get a good offer for Trabelsi we should take it.

I see this morning on teletext transfers Spurs for AJAX KID ? ( You have to phone to hear these made up transfer stories) I assume someone from the press world is wondering if De Ridder is still going to Spurs.

As Spurs have signed Routledge from Crystal Palace , and he played a full season at right wing, I doubt that they will want him and he would be making a big mistake going there as he would only get on the bench.

We still have too many players at present with about 30 first team squad players so we will have to sell some!! July is likely to be a busy month.

PS
At least Roma cannot steal any of our players as they have been banned from transfers for 12 months.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr jul 01, 2005 12:50 pm

SPL schreef: At least Roma cannot steal any of our players as they have been banned from transfers for 12 months.
They're gonna appeal though.
meh :|

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jul 05, 2005 4:07 am

What is happening with Danny de Ridder? is he staying or going on loan, apparently he is linked with a loan move with Twente Enschede, I dont mind cause I think he needs first team football and to prove to Danny Blind that he is a quality player and an Ajax man!
I hope we sell Pienaar and Charisteas to Benfica since Koeman wants a number 9, and is a big fan of Pienaar. Also Trabelsi (f*cking w*nker) send him to F.C Porto. The other player Im concerned about is Nigel de Jong, is he going to renew his contract or not?

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di jul 05, 2005 8:07 am

Ayman schreef:What is happening with Danny de Ridder? is he staying or going on loan, apparently he is linked with a loan move with Twente Enschede, I dont mind cause I think he needs first team football and to prove to Danny Blind that he is a quality player and an Ajax man!
I hope we sell Pienaar and Charisteas to Benfica since Koeman wants a number 9, and is a big fan of Pienaar. Also Trabelsi (f*cking w*nker) send him to F.C Porto. The other player Im concerned about is Nigel de Jong, is he going to renew his contract or not?
Twente just bought Kennedy Bakircioglu (former pet of Hammarby) who is also a right winger/offensive central midfielder but with more experience then Ridders.

Could speak against such a loan.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » di jul 05, 2005 9:17 am

Kennedy Bakircioglu was the star of my CM team about three years ago.

If he's half as good in the real world, they've got themselves a bargain.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 10, 2005 12:45 pm

What has happened to dear old Kwame Quanseh. He still has one more year left of his contract. Is he staying with Heracles or is he back with our Jong team at the moment ?

I know I have mentioned this guy before but simply because it is incredible that he was given a 5 year contract and has spent the last 3 years on loan.

Seeing the news on another posting about Pienaar will have more talks about a contract I just hope that the club might also start to talk with Nigel De Jong .

Any thoughts on who Ajax will get rid of in the next month? Not including Maxwell we have 28 first teamers plus Aborah and Tiberkanine who cannot be far off.We need to off load 5/6 players.

Apart from made up stories that Trabelsi and Pienaar might join Benfica and several english clubs were impressed about De Ridder the talk of players leaving seems to be rather cool.

Any thoughts from you guys??

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 19, 2005 3:31 pm

Coach Danny Blind said a few weeks ago that he will work with squad of up to 29 players in pre-season, but that a number of players (probably five or six) will drop out before the start of the season.

One of them might be Thomas Vermaelen, who just returned to Ajax from RKC Waalwijk for a new chance to prove himself in pre-season.

If Vermaelen drops out of the Ajax-1 squad RKC Waalwijk would like to have him back on loan. Their general director, Marcel Brands (who will, by the way, soon be moving to Alkmaar to replace Martin van Geel at AZ...), said this in regional newspaper Brabants Dagblad.

"He's getting a chance to prove himself at Ajax in pre-season, but if he fails it doesn't seem like a good idea to let him sit on the bench for a whole season," Brands said.

Now that we're talking about it... Who do you guys think will drop out?

One goalkeeper will, for sure, and I have a gut feeling that it might be Lobont (because Blind might want a youngster, Kenneth Vermeer, as the third man). Who else? Obodai, De Mul, Vermaelen, Manucharyan...? Vermaelen?

If he throws De Ridder out instead of De Mul he really is insane...

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di jul 19, 2005 6:46 pm

Emanuelson ? Ajax Netwerk has just published a news telling that he discussed with van Gaal about a loan... (according to my translation)
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di jul 19, 2005 8:49 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Coach Danny Blind said a few weeks ago that he will work with squad of up to 29 players in pre-season, but that a number of players (probably five or six) will drop out before the start of the season.

One of them might be Thomas Vermaelen, who just returned to Ajax from RKC Waalwijk for a new chance to prove himself in pre-season.

If Vermaelen drops out of the Ajax-1 squad RKC Waalwijk would like to have him back on loan. Their general director, Marcel Brands (who will, by the way, soon be moving to Alkmaar to replace Martin van Geel at AZ...), said this in regional newspaper Brabants Dagblad.

"He's getting a chance to prove himself at Ajax in pre-season, but if he fails it doesn't seem like a good idea to let him sit on the bench for a whole season," Brands said.

Now that we're talking about it... Who do you guys think will drop out?

One goalkeeper will, for sure, and I have a gut feeling that it might be Lobont (because Blind might want a youngster, Kenneth Vermeer, as the third man). Who else? Obodai, De Mul, Vermaelen, Manucharyan...? Vermaelen?

If he throws De Ridder out instead of De Mul he really is insane...

K.
Probably De Mul, Boukhari, the Greeks (Chari and Yanni) and Obodai. Vermaelen is our future, I really want him to stay.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jul 19, 2005 10:35 pm

I hope you are right Carcajou, this is a great opportunity for De Ridder to Prove Blind wrong. I still think we need an orthodox left back, now that Micheal Jansen has health problems, what other option is there, please do not mention a nigerian name, with all due respect, they know how to attack, but havn't got the slightest clue how to defend. Vermaelen should stay cause he is a versatile player, he is an O'Brien-esque. Players that should leave on loan/sale, here is my list. Lobont, Emanuelson, Obodai, Mitea, Charisteas.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di jul 19, 2005 10:54 pm

Ayman schreef:Players that should leave on loan/sale, here is my list. Lobont, Emanuelson, Obodai, Mitea, Charisteas.
Oh yeah I forgot that Lobont should leave. Vermeer seemed great when I saw him @ De Toekomst.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jul 20, 2005 7:18 pm

I think Lobont;Emanuelson;Obodai;Charisteas, and De Mul should leave.I would only loan out Vermaelen IF Ajax lands a proper left back.Otherwise, Vermaelen goes into the needed for depth/challenger for a starting spot category at the position.As for Manucharyan,I see him at Jong Ajax unless injuries occur , he really,really steps up his game and is too valuable at shadow-striker to sit, or plays wing or left back.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 27, 2005 2:09 pm

Apart from Charisteas it seems all is very quiet on the selling front and new contracts for De Jong and Pienaar.

We have far too many players at present but if we cannot sell it would seem all that will happen is we may loan out 2/3 players.

I trust we will not let Charisteas out on loan. If Mallorca want him we should say 4 m Euros or nothing.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 08, 2005 2:39 pm

Just read on Ajax Netwerk that Anthony Obodai, Rasmus Lindgren and Daniël de Ridder have been told that they can can leave the club if the want. They are free to start searching for a new club. Their source is Elf ('Eleven') football magazine.

What can you say?

K.
Still alive...

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma aug 08, 2005 2:43 pm

WTF...........de Ridder hasnt been given a chance yet!!!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 08, 2005 2:56 pm

Frustrating but true: the chap has had two Ajax-1 coaches that didn't rate him (Koeman and Blind). This is more or less the third setback of this kind for him. I'm sure he'll give up and go now. Still, it's very weird that they offered him a contract extension and told him that his time was gonna come. He never had a serious chance since.

Rosales is the number one man for the right flank, but I think Ridders is better than De Mul, for sure.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma aug 08, 2005 3:26 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Still, it's very weird that they offered him a contract extension and told him that his time was gonna come. He never had a serious chance since.
K.
Might I add that the exact same thing goes for Rasmus, who was given a new contract before this season.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma aug 08, 2005 7:41 pm

Perhaps they thought the time would come, but by now they havent been given first team pick. Knowing the players are fet up, Blind tells them they can leave if they want.

I thought the Spurs were going to loan De Ridder :eusa_liar:
Get a Cock

Plaats reactie