New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo mei 25, 2005 1:39 pm

Maxi looks like shit, but he definatley has potential. He should go to Ajax, since Charisteas is shit

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo mei 25, 2005 5:28 pm

muh huh... harry is shit, but you want friggin' maxi lopez to play #9

:nooo:
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mei 25, 2005 8:05 pm

A new issue of Voetbal International hit the stores today and Arie van Eijden gave his comments on three names.

Edgar Davids
Not an issue, says Van Eijden. The general director claims that Davids told Ajax he does not want to return to Holland yet. Which is odd, as davids himself said on SBS6 TV that he is open to a return to either Ajax or AZ. He did say that he 'will focus on Inter for now'. Here's what Davids said (and this was on TV): "In the current situation I do not enjoy playing for Inter. But I want to talk to the club first. After that I'll decide whether Holland is an option or not. Nothing is impossible and a return to Ajax may be one of the options. But my coach is in Alkmaar. Yes, if I return to Holland, AZ would be an option. Louis van Gaal is my coach." Anyway: Arie van Eijden says 'no, not an option'.

Frank de Boer
Absolutely out of the question according to Van Eijden. Regional news network RTV Noord-Holland claimed that Ajax have been in touch with De Boer. Van Eijden admitted that, but all they talked about was the possibility of De Boer serving his internship as a coach-assistant at Ajax, because he will start his KNVB course for Professional Coaching in the near future.

Markus Rosenberg
This is the big news: Van Eijden announced that Ajax are now officially talking to Malmö FF. Ajax have contacted the club. "There is no deal yet," said Van Eijden. Danny Blind has seen the player in action several times now and is clearly interested.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo mei 25, 2005 11:36 pm

Any idea of how much Rosenberg may cost?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 26, 2005 7:37 am

I think Per said it will probably be around 5 million euros.

K.
Still alive...

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do mei 26, 2005 7:41 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I think Per said it will probably be around 5 million euros.

K.
But also fees around 7 million have been mentioned in the press.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » do mei 26, 2005 8:57 am

Ajax is interested in Ben Arfa from Lyon, according to L'Equipe. De Ridder could become part of a possible deal, as he is out of favour of Ajax coach Blind.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Ferrykoek
Contacteer:

Bericht door Ferrykoek » do mei 26, 2005 9:20 am

jakobg schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:I think Per said it will probably be around 5 million euros.

K.
But also fees around 7 million have been mentioned in the press.
the norway press say it's 75 million Krõnen, which is 8.3 million Euro, but 3 mill of that would be his salary, so the actual transfer fee would be just 5.3 mill

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » do mei 26, 2005 9:22 am

Hatem Ben Arfa is considered one of the brightest young attacking talents in France. I'd be surprised if Lyon let him go though.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/Pl ... yer=93320/

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do mei 26, 2005 12:12 pm

No Fear schreef:Ajax is interested in Ben Arfa from Lyon, according to L'Equipe. De Ridder could become part of a possible deal, as he is out of favour of Ajax coach Blind.
NOW we're talking !!! He's one of the most brilliant youngsters in France now. He's technically gifted, but still has the bad habit of being too much of a dribbler (he likes the ball too much). But he's a better player than De Ridder in my opinion... Definitely not the same kind of player, but still better overall.
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Olaf Lindenbergh

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 26, 2005 12:32 pm

Regional newspaper Noord-Hollands Dagblad reports that Ajax are currently talking to AZ midfielder Olaf Lindenbergh (who is, by the way, a product of the Ajax youth system). The player is quoted saying that he would love to return to the club that developed him and that Ajax is "a fantastic club" (which is true, in fact).

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: Olaf Lindenbergh

Bericht door carcajou » do mei 26, 2005 12:37 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Regional newspaper Noord-Hollands Dagblad reports that Ajax are currently talking to AZ midfielder Olaf Lindenbergh (who is, by the way, a product of the Ajax youth system). The player is quoted saying that he would love to return to the club that developed him and that Ajax is "a fantastic club" (which is true, in fact).

K.
That's becoming ridiculous.... Developping a player through the youth system investing bucks on him and stuff, selling (or more probably letting him leave for free) to AZ and then buying him back. Could we be SILLIER ? And that says a lot about the quality of the Ajax staff. This Linenbergh was probably told he wasn't good enough and now we try to get him back. Sad if you want my opinion. But that MIGHT be more complex than that.

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » do mei 26, 2005 12:37 pm

Lindenbergh is a shit player who just had a lucky season with AZ.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

astabooty
Contacteer:

Bericht door astabooty » do mei 26, 2005 10:48 pm

The people who think Maxi Lopez is shit must have not watched him while he was playing for River. The guy only has 4-5 appearances at most for Barcelona. I am not even sure if any of those came as a starter. He would be a very good 9.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do mei 26, 2005 11:22 pm

Maxi Lopez is considered a flop at Barca. But such a player will prolly go to England where they love 2nd hand hispanics...

About Lindenbergh: he is not a shit player, he did very well at AZ and was one of very few who kept his high level, where the rest of AZ tumbled down after the Europa Cup elemination. Lindenbergh is just the type of player that Ajax misses. Lindenbergh is annoying to opposite team and is a good team player. I would love to see him move over to Ajax. Together with Landzaat. Those 2 with Maduro or Davids :eusa_dance:

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do mei 26, 2005 11:40 pm

astabooty schreef:The people who think Maxi Lopez is shit must have not watched him while he was playing for River. The guy only has 4-5 appearances at most for Barcelona. I am not even sure if any of those came as a starter. He would be a very good 9.

he's really more of a support striker, like ummm... sonck :D

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr mei 27, 2005 1:15 am

I agree with bluedaddy19. Ibrahimovic.Mido,Charisteas,Babel, Anastasiou, Lopez. The first five are more classic number 9's...taller players all. Maxi Lopez was a great 4-4-2 striker at River and is creative as well.I saw him play 3 times, twice in the US and at last years Amsterdam Tourney. But, he is not a #9.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr mei 27, 2005 1:20 am

I like Lindenbergh as a defensive, do the dirty work kind of midfielder.I think he would be a good addition/depth player at the right price.Not, however, the put fear into the opposing attackers player I hope we sign for the midfield.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

denos

Bericht door denos » vr mei 27, 2005 7:14 am

I think we really need a player like Davids.He is perfect to inspire the new younger players at ajax.
Hatem ben afra is a very talented player but holds the ball too much.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr mei 27, 2005 12:07 pm

denos schreef:I think we really need a player like Davids.He is perfect to inspire the new younger players at Ajax.
Hatem ben afra is a very talented player but holds the ball too much.
Exactly. He's gifted, but holds the ball way too much, that's exactly the point.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr mei 27, 2005 5:53 pm

they need to get back on the trail of gokdeniz with rafi leaving

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za mei 28, 2005 11:08 am

Blind3 schreef:I like Lindenbergh as a defensive, do the dirty work kind of midfielder.I think he would be a good addition/depth player at the right price.

Yeah, but I think, that we should buy someone younger... Lindenbergh is something about 30, so how many good seasons he will have? I think one or two and then...?

San Marco

Bericht door San Marco » za mei 28, 2005 1:12 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:Yeah, but I think, that we should buy someone younger... Lindenbergh is something about 30, so how many good seasons he will have? I think one or two and then...?
Lindenbergh is a 'laatbloeier', how do you say this in English?
A player who peaks late in his carreer.
Says nothing about the time he has left, 2 or 4 years.
It's quite opportunistic from Ajax to buy a player who played half a season very well, didn't he lift on the teamspirit of AZ or has he really developed in a very good player?
We'll see.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za mei 28, 2005 1:36 pm

What a joke, if Ajax are looking for mature experience to add in the squad, don't buy this git

denos

Bericht door denos » za mei 28, 2005 5:15 pm

How about Ailton.He may be a bit overweight but I think he could be a good adition to the club.He is indeed a#9 and he is experienced.....Why not?

Gesloten