Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr mei 13, 2005 1:43 pm

Carcajou schreef:Man I'd like to see him there !!!

At last a bit of interest for the French League...
What do you think of his chances of cracking the first team there?

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr mei 13, 2005 2:07 pm

Hehehe I think it will be easier for him to be in first-team squad in Lyon that in Ajax... I don't know why, but Danny Blind doesn't like this player and give him no chances to play...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr mei 13, 2005 3:03 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Carcajou schreef:Man I'd like to see him there !!!

At last a bit of interest for the French League...
What do you think of his chances of cracking the first team there?
He might get a chance because he is a pretty versatile player (i.e. can play as a n°10 or as a winger). His problem is that the current Lyon roster is damn efficient (4 championships in a row) and also that there are lotsa youngsters waiting for some action on the bench so.... Why not but not sure.
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 13, 2005 7:08 pm

From Sport Network.net:
Newcastle Enter Van Der Vaart Race

Rafael Van Der Vaart is allowed to leave Ajax next summer, a host of European clubs is ready to bid for the 22 year old. Interested sides are AS Roma, Hamburger SV, Arsenal and now Newcastle United has been linked with a move for the Holland international.

With many players about to leave this summer, Greame Souness is looking to reshape his squad. Lee Bowyer, Hugo Viana, Patrick Kluivert and Laurent Robert are likely to leave Newcastle and Rafael Van Der Vaart seems a good replacement for Lee Bowyer in the middle of the park.

Van Der Vaart's contract is running until the summer of 2006, Ajax opted to cash in on him rather than to let him go for free next year.

The transfer fee is estimated to be £3.7 million.
Transfer fee looks a bit better there: 3.7 million pounds is about 5.3 million euros.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Re: Van der Vaart

Bericht door carcajou » vr mei 13, 2005 8:04 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:From Sport Network.net:
Newcastle Enter Van Der Vaart Race

Rafael Van Der Vaart is allowed to leave Ajax next summer, a host of European clubs is ready to bid for the 22 year old. Interested sides are AS Roma, Hamburger SV, Arsenal and now Newcastle United has been linked with a move for the Holland international.

With many players about to leave this summer, Greame Souness is looking to reshape his squad. Lee Bowyer, Hugo Viana, Patrick Kluivert and Laurent Robert are likely to leave Newcastle and Rafael Van Der Vaart seems a good replacement for Lee Bowyer in the middle of the park.

Van Der Vaart's contract is running until the summer of 2006, Ajax opted to cash in on him rather than to let him go for free next year.

The transfer fee is estimated to be £3.7 million.
Transfer fee looks a bit better there: 3.7 million pounds is about 5.3 million euros.

K.
And of course the more clubs will chase Raffy the more moneyt we'll get, which is good !!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

VdV on his way out...

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 19, 2005 6:56 am

Sit tight and prepare for some news today...

According to Germany's largest (but rather sleazy) newspaper Bild Hamburger SV have come to an agreement with Rafaël van der Vaart about the terms of his contract. "Rafaël van der Vaart has chosen for us," coach Doll says.

The only remaining obstacle is now the transfer fee. Reportedly, Ajax want 7 million, but HSV offer only 4 or 5. Yet: "I think we'll reach an agreement", the HSV boss is quoted saying.

This thing may be finalized today... We may assume that the two parties will 'meet each other' somewhere near 5.5. or 6 million. Fair enough. It's better than 3 or 4, which was the fee quoted in the earliest reports.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do mei 19, 2005 9:44 am

To me it feels so strange to even mention clubs like Hamburger SV in the same scentance as Raffy. Do you guys remember the clubs that were mentioned only a year or so ago?

ALL the top shop clubs were going to get him. And we were to get top money for him. What a turn his carreer has taken.

That's what happens when you don't do the business.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do mei 19, 2005 9:50 am

Per schreef:To me it feels so strange to even mention clubs like Hamburger SV in the same scentance as Raffy. Do you guys remember the clubs that were mentioned only a year or so ago?

ALL the top shop clubs were going to get him. And we were to get top money for him. What a turn his carreer has taken.

That's what happens when you don't do the business.
Pffff bwahahahah, Bundesliga... How ridiculous. And Hamburg is not even a top German club.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » do mei 19, 2005 10:00 am

It's sad though. And I think it's not a good decision from vd Vaart if he chooses HSV. Although he failed to impress last two seasons, I'm sure he still can become a great player in a great leugue. It would be better for him to stay at Ajax, find his old form (which should be possible under a new coach and a more offensive team than what Koeman showed us) and leave next year to a better club..
I think I lost my fucking headache

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 19, 2005 11:54 am

Hamburg are not even certain to be in the UEFA Cup next season. I would say that a move to that club is a downturn in his career.Sad but he could just disappear if he keeps perfoming like he has done for the last 2 years.

One other item of news regards De Ridder and a loan to England. Spurs are to sign the Crystal Palace right winger Wayne Routledge so I would say that young Daniel will not be going to Spurs.

Is all this talk of him being loaned to England just hot air ? I mean although a lot of people on this site rate him the fact is neither Koeman nor Blind have rated him and suddenly he is wanted by Premiership clubs!!!

If he is to be loaned out next season I still see him going to another dutch club.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do mei 19, 2005 11:57 am

Lucas schreef:It's sad though. And I think it's not a good decision from vd Vaart if he chooses HSV. Although he failed to impress last two seasons, I'm sure he still can become a great player in a great leugue. It would be better for him to stay at Ajax, find his old form (which should be possible under a new coach and a more offensive team than what Koeman showed us) and leave next year to a better club..
I'm not so sure about that. I also think VDV can become a great player; we all know he has it somewhere deep inside, but I have the feeling a new club, where he can start over and compete with new players, will do him good. I'm not saying this new club should be a Bundesliga crap club (no offence HSV), I'd rather see him leaving for a club in Spain or England. But at this moment a top club is not right for him. Tottenham, who seem to be aiming for the top, with new young players, or a mid-table Spanish club would be my chioce if I was Raffy (if he can choose between clubs, that is).

Anyway, I wish him all the best, and hope (and believe) that he can make it to the 'top' some day.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do mei 19, 2005 12:25 pm

Blind won't settle for anything for less than 7m euros, according to reports

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 19, 2005 12:34 pm

Very well said, Jakob. I'm with you, 100%.

What surprises me is the derogatory way in which some of you talk about the Bundesliga as a league. It is a very big league: enormous stadiums, extremely high attendances (not lower than England or Italy) and then over-all quality level is only slightly lower than the three biggest ones (England, Spain, Italy). Quality-wise the Bundesliga can be compared to the French league, money and attendances are possibly better - and the football is actually much more attractive than many people think. Germany and the Bundesliga will probably never get rid of the image that they're a bit 'grey'.

Problem is that (unlike England, Spain and Italy) the German league has only one consistently mighty international powerhouse: Bayern München. The rest (Borussia Dortmund, Schalke '04, Bayer Leverkusen, Werder Bremen...) come and go.

Having said that: I think Van der Vaart would be more at home in the south of Europe (Spain, Italy), because he is a skillful player and not exactly a pitbull. English football is extremely fast and very physical. In order to survive in German football a player has to be a footballer and a marathon runner at the same time. Needless to say that Van der Vaart will fail miserably in that department.

Looking purely at the club it is crystal clear that this is not a step forward but a step back for Raffy - and he knows it. I am 100% convinced that he's decided to make 'one step backward, in order to make two steps forward'. For that to happen, however, he must play every week, make a good impression and score important goals in the Bundesliga. I am not sure that he will. In that case he will be out of the picture of Marco van Basten and the big club managers of England, Spain and Italy. HSV could be a fatal career move.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do mei 19, 2005 12:58 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Very well said, Jakob. I'm with you, 100%.

What surprises me is the derogatory way in which some of you talk about the Bundesliga as a league. It is a very big league: enormous stadiums, extremely high attendances (not lower than England or Italy) and then over-all quality level is only slightly lower than the three biggest ones (England, Spain, Italy). Quality-wise the Bundesliga can be compared to the French league, money and attendances are possibly better - and the football is actually much more attractive than many people think. Germany and the Bundesliga will probably never get rid of the image that they're a bit 'grey'.

K.
I have to disagree on this one. The French League is SUPERIOR to the German one nowadays.Overall, we have better clubs (remember Lyon - Bremen ?), simple as that. German football is crap : ugly jerseys, no style, not a single attractive player. All they have is indeed high attendances and money. But for what result : they suck in European Cup each year. Given AZ results this year, I'd even say that the 4 best Dtuch clubs are not worse than the 4 best German clubs.

To sum it up : German football is nothing extraordinary... They're as overrated as the Dutch or the French are underrated.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do mei 19, 2005 2:46 pm

Carcajou schreef: German football is crap : ugly jerseys,
I think that this is a case of kettle and pot on this one. How on earth can a Frenchie criticise anybodies elses jersey when you can hardly see the jersey in French club sides for the sponsorship logos.

Agree though that the German league is very over-rated.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do mei 19, 2005 7:17 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
Carcajou schreef: German football is crap : ugly jerseys,
I think that this is a case of kettle and pot on this one. How on earth can a Frenchie criticise anybodies elses jersey when you can hardly see the jersey in French club sides for the sponsorship logos.

Agree though that the German league is very over-rated.
And you're wrong too :) !! It was the case a few years ago, but not anymore. French football clubs tend to understand the importance of marketing and now promote the club colors and try to find appealing sponsors (international companies and stuff).

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mei 19, 2005 7:42 pm

Yeah, but still: not too many special jerseys in France and Germany...

I love jerseys in Holland, I must say. Ajax, Feyenoord, Vitesse, Heerenveen, NEC, De Graafschap, Willem II, Sparta... all very remarkably jerseys that have been the same for ages.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do mei 19, 2005 8:42 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Yeah, but still: not too many special jerseys in France and Germany...

I love jerseys in Holland, I must say. Ajax, Feyenoord, Vitesse, Heerenveen, NEC, De Graafschap, Willem II, Sparta... all very remarkably jerseys that have been the same for ages.

K.
Seriously they've improved a lot :

Marseille :
Afbeelding
Paris Saint Germain :
Afbeelding
Lens
Afbeelding
Bordeaux :
Afbeelding
Auxerre :
Afbeelding
Metz :
Afbeelding

But you're right Holland's jerseys are great, and so are Spanish ones !!

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do mei 19, 2005 9:57 pm

I never cared much for jerseys. It's prissy :D .

Anyways, I'd say that the German and the Frech leagues are about the same. It has been my feeling though that more talent is being exported from the French one - just a hunch though.

Raffy....Hamburger SV....step down to take two forward.....b"#locks. If he steps down, he's out. He needs pressure and a seriuosly tough coach to maximize the living shite out of him.

In my opinion he will hust adjust to being at a club with low class training, slow tempo and bad team mates. Being the star isn't what the guy needs. He needs not to be the star. He needs to be given an ultimatum.

Either work your ass off like all other pro's in this team or you won't hack it in the team or in this league.

But hey, thats just what I think.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » do mei 19, 2005 10:11 pm

Not that van der Vaart will (or should for that matter) mind, but every once in a while I try to watch German live football. But after 5 minutes or so I turn the tv off..they seem to be all Robbens in Germany. Half of the 'fouls' the referees think to see are schwalbes. Not a coincidence this is a German word..it takes all the joy (my joy anyway) out of watcheng a football game.. :pukey:
I think I lost my fucking headache

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » do mei 19, 2005 11:11 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Looking purely at the club it is crystal clear that this is not a step forward but a step back for Raffy - and he knows it. I am 100% convinced that he's decided to make 'one step backward, in order to make two steps forward'. For that to happen, however, he must play every week, make a good impression and score important goals in the Bundesliga. I am not sure that he will. In that case he will be out of the picture of Marco van Basten and the big club managers of England, Spain and Italy. HSV could be a fatal career move.

K.
He will certainly not be out of the picture for MvB. Remember that Bouhlarouz is playing for the same HSV and he has been picked ever since the first time. Besides that the name is still in the books of the bigger clubs I think. They will keep on eye him still. If they can spot you in Holland they can spot you in Germany too.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do mei 19, 2005 11:18 pm

And if they spot you in Holland, write you off in Holland and then you go to the Bundesliga and play fairly?

My guess is that (sadly) his carreer has already peaked.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do mei 19, 2005 11:41 pm

He'll never survive in the Bundelsiga, and I think HSV player Boulahrouz would like to give him a kick as well

There are intrest from Spain (not Barcelona though) so he should go there :eusa_pray:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr mei 20, 2005 7:48 am

Just back from my adopted second home of Seattle so forgive the Benny-come-lately post. Personally, while I think Van der Vaart a special yet underachieving talent ,as long as Ajax land around 5-5.5 million euros, he can play on the moon for all I care. Short of an unanticipated miracle, he's gone. Time to cash in.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr mei 20, 2005 2:59 pm

Yeh but Van der Vaart is a "future" in the "Oranje", so he should do well, wherever he plays, simply for the national team.

But I dont see why he's even picked now...

Plaats reactie