Grab Bag Of Random Posts

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di apr 12, 2005 7:24 am

I remember that Wooden Shoes was interested in going to some horrible Ajax away fixture (think it was Utrecht or Den Haag - Ajax), and Ko explained to him that this would be a bad idea because he would have to get a ticket amongst the home fans, and if he cheered at the wrong moment (like when Ajax scored) he would be in serious trouble. He didn't seem to get it. And then he posts a picture of himself walking around some Dutch neighborhood wearing an Ajax scarf over his shoulder like a bandelier or something. It's like he was trying to get himself beat up or something.

But other than that, he seemed like a decent fellow. I was shocked when I saw the bile he started spewing after Menno and Jim pulled out. Whatever. :shithappens:

Eric

Bericht door Eric » di apr 12, 2005 10:37 am

There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di apr 12, 2005 1:32 pm

Point taken K,

I just couldn't resist the urge to pick on the "destroying it for the rest" when there actually is only ONE person posting there. It was hilarious.

Will leave it be for now though.....

Anyways: Now playing: Morning Theft by Jeff Buckley, so good it almost makes me cry X'C

Cheets boys.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di apr 12, 2005 2:48 pm

Per schreef:Point taken K
I dunno....I go out there to save YOUR reputation and all I get is "leave off".
What kind of gratitude is that?
I think this "Pravda" approach is disgraceful!
I think I'll leave this board and go to the land of free speech!
not.
;)

I will say however (on this board not that one), the gibbo tirade and the Wooden Shoes' version of reality are surreal. I really don't know what planet they're from. They really look ridiculous.

Ok....got that off my chest....now I'll ignore them.
:yes:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 12, 2005 4:24 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:I will say however (on this board not that one), the gibbo tirade and the Wooden Shoes' version of reality are surreal. I really don't know what planet they're from. They really look ridiculous.
Yeah. Especially Gibbo (author of that one extremely silly post and the one who banned both Jim and me). Very obviously warped. Probably a very young kid who's always at his computer.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di apr 12, 2005 5:08 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Manneken Pis schreef:I will say however (on this board not that one), the gibbo tirade and the Wooden Shoes' version of reality are surreal. I really don't know what planet they're from. They really look ridiculous.
Yeah. Especially Gibbo (author of that one extremely silly post and the one who banned both Jim and me). Very obviously warped. Probably a very young kid who's always at his computer.

K.
Wowowo...... Do you have something against young people that are always at their computer ??

:D :blush:
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 15, 2005 8:32 am

Let's post out music stuff in here again, from now on... :hypocrite:

Went to Tilburg yesterday night to see The Hives at the 013 club and their support-act, New Zealand's finest, The D4!

Great night. The Hives were hilarious and rocking as usual (Pelle grew a moustache!) and I really liked The D4 also. Bought two of their 7" vinyl singles. They're more of an AC/DC type rockband than The Hives (who are more of a punk/sixties garage band), but they sure knew how to get the party started.

Great. You'll never get stressed if you go to a concert like this every once in a while. Release!

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr apr 15, 2005 10:28 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Let's post out music stuff in here again, from now on... :hypocrite:

Great. You'll never get stressed if you go to a concert like this every once in a while. Release!

K.
Know exactly what you mean Ko, there is a great aussie band 'Machine Gun Fellatio' who absolutely go nuts live. I am not even that great a fan of their music, but I have seen them live twice now and each time they have blown me away. I am sure this doesn't have anything to do with the female lead singer singing topless while doing cartwheels :), or one of their songs "Motherf*^ker on a motorcycle".
By the way...on the music topic. Just purchased the following and all great cds.
Beck - Guero
Martha Wainwright - Self titled
Rufus Wainwright - Want Two
Now only waiting another month for Ryan Adams double cd...man that guy has got some talent (by the way, for those that dont know. No it wasn't a typo. I didn't mean Bryan Adams. RYAN adams is a different artist).

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 15, 2005 10:38 am

DanK schreef:Beck - Guero.
he did it again, didn't he? His best once since Odelay[i/], probably. I also adored Midnite Vultures. I just love the guy's music.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr apr 15, 2005 11:19 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
DanK schreef:Beck - Guero.
he did it again, didn't he? His best once since Odelay[i/], probably. I also adored Midnite Vultures. I just love the guy's music.

K.

Actually, I think Sea Change is his best work. Very dark, if not slighty more "mainstream". I read a review in Q before I purchased this. They only gave it a 3/5. On first listen I would have agreed, but it needs time, as all classics do. After a few listens now I would say 4.5/5. One of the great artists of our time (if not ALL time). Some of his "non album" stuff is awesome as well. Check out: Eternal Sunshine Soundtrack and The Late Great Daniel Johnson CD. Beck is the highlight on both...thanks Ko. Now you've got me started on my next fav topic (after Ajax). Music.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr apr 15, 2005 11:27 am

Kowalczyk schreef: The Hives were hilarious and rocking as usual
Haha, I saw the Hives at the big day out this year. Hadn't heard any of their stuff, and I'm not exactly a huge fan of it, but their antics were definately bloody funny. The only better antics I've seen were Machine Gun Fellatio at the same festival a couple of years earlier. Also hilarious.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr apr 15, 2005 2:23 pm

Saw the Hives with Franz Ferdinand last fall.Incredible! I do envy Pelle.Not just for the mustache, but for being the significant other of Maria from Sahara Hotnights.YOU LUCKY BASTARD!!! Speaking of hilarious, just picked up a ticket to see the wild and wacky Gogol Bordello.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr apr 15, 2005 3:06 pm

OK, I can buy Ryan Adams all the nights of the week. He has enourmous hights in some of his work, and actually managed to make a whole album great. So Ryan I have nothing against at all.

But now you've got me on a rant: effin Beck?!? I never understodd what's so good about that guys music. The following words are often used to describe him and his music - I shall provide the correct translation:

Eclectic - not really good at one genre so I hide it by mixing everything to a brown smelly goo

Creative - Unfocused, unable to finish a produce full albums or songs

Talented - will never be anything for real

Not mainstream - no one f#"¤ing cares for real, unless they wanna pose on hip parties ;)

Well, that's it boys, the dictionary of Beck. Read it and weep. X'C

Sign off..... :headbang:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr apr 15, 2005 3:16 pm

Per schreef:But now you've got me on a rant: effin Beck?!? I never understood what's so good about that guys music.
Exactly as you say... You never understood it... ;) :eusa_dance:

:bis:

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » vr apr 15, 2005 4:02 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Per schreef:But now you've got me on a rant: effin Beck?!? I never understood what's so good about that guys music.
Exactly as you say... You never understood it... ;) :eusa_dance:

K.
I KNEW you would pick on that. Pff, music journalists......pompous bastards. :D

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr apr 15, 2005 10:57 pm

Per schreef:I KNEW you would pick on that. Pff, music journalists......pompous bastards. :D
In Ko's defense... As pompous bastards go, he's hardly a music journalist.

Wait. Reverse that. :xyxthumbs:

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za apr 16, 2005 1:48 am

Per schreef:But now you've got me on a rant: effin Beck?!?
Per - just 1 CD will change your thoughts on Beck. Sea Change (oh yeah and he rocks live).

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za apr 16, 2005 2:36 am

Can't say I'm much of a Beck fan.Odelay is about it for me.Then again, I've seen 40 Who shows, 35 by The Boss, and 17 by Pearl Jam and continue to scour lands far and wide for music by the same. All have their fair share of both fans/fanatics and detractors.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

fc utreg

Bericht door fc utreg » za apr 16, 2005 8:28 pm

anybody want to come to the galgenwaard with me?

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » zo apr 17, 2005 12:21 am

miss utreg schreef:anybody want to come to the galgenwaard with me?

for... ?
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo apr 17, 2005 12:39 am

bluedaddy19 schreef:
miss utreg schreef:anybody want to come to the galgenwaard with me?

for... ?
What is the "galgenwaard" in the first place ?

EDIT : Fuck me.

First rule of the Fight Club :

If you have a question, googlize it or shut the fuck up !

Second rule of the Fight Club :

Tomorrow, if the Rottendammers yell "Stop!", go limp, tap out, the fight is over ;)

Third rule of the Fight Club :

This conversation..... is over :D :headbang:
Laatst gewijzigd door carcajou op zo apr 17, 2005 12:46 am, 2 keer totaal gewijzigd.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Good quote from a match report

Bericht door ajaxusa » zo apr 17, 2005 1:10 am

I watched Blackburn-Arsenal in the FA Cup semi's this morning. Pretty thuggish affair, especially at the end when van Persie got assaulted for having the audacity to score twice in 5 minutes.

Describing the repeated fouls on Patrick Vieira, Paul Wilson writes for the Observer (reprinted in the Guardian):

"The Arsenal captain hit the grass more regularly than Jerry Garcia..."

carcajou

Re: Good quote from a match report

Bericht door carcajou » zo apr 17, 2005 1:36 am

ajaxusa schreef:I watched Blackburn-Arsenal in the FA Cup semi's this morning. Pretty thuggish affair, especially at the end when van Persie got assaulted for having the audacity to score twice in 5 minutes.

Describing the repeated fouls on Patrick Vieira, Paul Wilson writes for the Observer (reprinted in the Guardian):

"The Arsenal captain hit the grass more regularly than Jerry Garcia..."
That Robin Van Persie sure is a really good player. He can be Arsenal's next Dennis Bergkamp in the years to come.

fc utreg

Bericht door fc utreg » zo apr 17, 2005 10:04 am

well i was being random :(

DanK

Re: Good quote from a match report

Bericht door DanK » zo apr 17, 2005 10:17 am

Carcajou schreef: That Robin Van Persie sure is a really good player. He can be Arsenal's next Dennis Bergkamp in the years to come.
His first was an incredible piece of skill. Think he made the right move from f-word to arsenal. he has a huge future.

Plaats reactie