Daniël de Ridder

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Daniël de Ridder

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo feb 09, 2005 12:38 pm

The Purple Cow, Lucas and I were just discussing 'Ridders' in the Ajacieden in Oranje thread. It appears that he kicked some major butt during England vs Holland U-21, but he never seems to get a chance from Koeman in Ajax-1.

Lucas wrote that Daniël can also play in midfield - and he's right.

So here's the point I want to make: Daniël was told by Koeman that he is not the number one candidate for the position of right winger - and that he will have to focus on a midfield position (right or central, as a #10). It looked really bad for De Ridder, due to stiff competition on both the right flank (Rosales and even De Mul at the time) and the number ten slot (Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Pienaar).

But then Ajax offered him a new contract, which De Ridder signed. Apparently, the club still believes in him and he still believes in the club. Which is good.

This upcoming weekend will be a testcase: at NAC we will probably be without Van der Vaart (suspended) and Sneijder (injured). Which means that this is the moment to give De Ridder a chance at #10, especially because Pienaar hasn't exactly been great in the past two games. If Koeman still doesn't give De Ridder a chance at number ten now, he will never get a chance there.

Koeman has a moral obligation to play him now, in my opinion. He announced that he doesn't regard De Ridder as a real winger, but more as a midfielder. Which means that he can't reasonably keep him out of the team if both Sneijder and Van der Vaart are unavailable. If Koeman does that he basically tells De Ridder that he regards him as nothing else than an eternal bench-sitter.

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op zo sep 10, 2006 8:34 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo feb 09, 2005 12:43 pm

And I convinced that de Ridder feels the same way too and will come to the conclusion to leave Ajax if he doesn't get a chance with so many midfieldplayers absent or out of form (Galasek, Sneijder, van der Vaart, Pienaar)
I think I lost my fucking headache

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do feb 10, 2005 6:33 am

sorry just wrote this in 'ajacieden in oranje', then noticed there was a topic for de ridder so here it is again in all its glory...
===============================
you have to feel a little for de ridder. he does have a fair bit of talent, but how can you show it week in week out if:
a. you don't get selected
b. you get selected in the subs but never come on
c. you get selected as a sub and only have a run for the last 5 min of a game so you dont get a chance to do anything?

If Rosales wasn't playing, i would still be surprised if koeman picked de ridder anyway...give the kid a decent chance before he decides to leave.
================================
There now hopefully Mr Koeman will read this post, see that I wrote it in two posts, either think I am a total nut case for duplicating this post, or actually take some bloody notice of it and PLAY THE KID...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 2:31 pm

It slowly becomes clear who will be the first victims of Danny Blind: no contract extension for Anastacia (although I think Koeman would have decided the same thing here) and... Daniël de Ridder on the stands. He wasn't even on the bench against PSV. At the time, it was Danny Blind who advised Koeman to add Tom De Mul to the first team - and not Ridders. Blind's not very fond of him and still thinks that De Mul's the man for the future. "I have not changed my mind and that's exactly what I told Daniël," Blind said on AT5 TV.

I knew that Ridders was going to regret the fact that he signed a new contract... It's a mystery why they offered him an improved and extended deal in the first place: Koeman never played him and it seems like the club knew that Blind would be the next man - and he doesn't like Ridders either.

Ridders is f#cked. No doubt about it.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mar 22, 2005 2:42 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:It slowly becomes clear who will be the first victims of Danny Blind: no contract extension for Anastacia (although I think Koeman would have decided the same thing here) and... Daniël de Ridder on the stands. He wasn't even on the bench against PSV. At the time, it was Danny Blind who advised Koeman to add Tom De Mul to the first team - and not Ridders. Blind's not very fond of him and still thinks that De Mul's the man for the future. "I have not changed my mind and that's exactly what I told Daniël," Blind said on AT5 TV.

I knew that Ridders was going to regret the fact that he signed a new contract... It's a mystery why they offered him an improved and extended deal in the first place: Koeman never played him and it seems like the club knew that Blind would be the next man - and he doesn't like Ridders either.

Ridders is f#cked. No doubt about it.

K.
Why he would choose to field De Mul instead of Ridders is nonetheless a mystery to me. I'm losing interest in this club these times...... I mean the club politics, the results, the players, the whole package is as attractive as a mouthful of vomit. Man I can't wait to be there next year when Van Eijden, Blind and some players will be out. I'm actually kind of hoping for more defeats, which will lead us to THE CLASH the club desperately needs.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 3:13 pm

Carcajou schreef:Man I can't wait to be there next year when Van Eijden, Blind and some players will be out.
Blind out...?

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 22, 2005 3:28 pm

Carcajou schreef: I'm actually kind of hoping for more defeats, which will lead us to THE CLASH the club desperately needs.
I think we already have our share.
And I hope the clash will take place no later than this evening.
But I totally agree about De Ridder : he is very gifted, and we do need him on the field.
Appie, stay strong !

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mar 22, 2005 4:00 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Carcajou schreef:Man I can't wait to be there next year when Van Eijden, Blind and some players will be out.
Blind out...?

K.
Yes, because if he leaves De Ridder in the stands, he can't possibly know shit about football. Plus in my grand plan, Ajax will be a total disaster till the end of the season. Many players are just preparing their luggage right now, and they'll do their best not to get an injury and to get a good contract in Italy, England or Spain. Which means in my opinion that they won't give their best (players like Maxwell, Van der Vaart and possibly others), and the team will thus play like crap.

I never considered Blind as a long term choice, I guess he won't be there for long. This is just foreseeing, and my personal opinion, for what it's worth...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di mar 22, 2005 4:37 pm

And our alternative for Mr Blind is....?

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mar 22, 2005 4:54 pm

Dubbel schreef:And our alternative for Mr Blind is....?
In my dreams, good ol' Johann Cruijff will undergo a heart transplant and come back as a coach of the first team, and we'll win five CLs in a row.... But I might be going too far.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 04, 2005 12:07 pm

We all know that the future at Ajax does not look good for Daniël de Ridder. He almost never gets a chance in the first team and Danny Blind has always been a Tom De Mul fan.

Makes me sad, but I must admit that De Ridder doesn't exactly shine when he comes on. I remember NEC away, where he came on and had three chances to deliver a fine cross from the right flank. Totally unmarked, fullback already gone, but each time De Ridder's flew high over everyone's heads and landed in 'no man's land' near the other corner flag.

At Heerenveen he was brought on but made an absolutely terrible mistake which led directly to Heerenveen's second goal: he intercepted the corner kick, but instead of whacking it away he wanted to do it 'in style', held on to the ball and cut towards the middle (lesson #1: never do that). He lost the ball - and Samaras had a free passage.

Absolutely terrible. What an enormous mistake. He really gave that goal away single-handedly.

That's not exactly 'Ridders promotion'. He doesn't get many chances, but it must be admitted that he hasn't done the business when he had the chance, lately... Sad but true.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 04, 2005 12:33 pm

I think he will go out on loan next season.Future here does not look good.

Feest

Bericht door Feest » ma apr 04, 2005 12:36 pm

He's crap. Always said it and will always stand by my point.

Andy22
Contacteer:

Bericht door Andy22 » ma apr 04, 2005 2:52 pm

Steef you're crap too, even better you 'r shit and you know you are!
"I am a Maniac, an AJAX-maniac"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma apr 04, 2005 4:25 pm

Tell me Steef, who is that guy on the picture, your avatar ? He really looks strange. Star Trek ? Or what ?

Andy22
Contacteer:

Bericht door Andy22 » di apr 05, 2005 10:48 am

that guy is Bert van Marwijk (former coach of feyenerd)
"I am a Maniac, an AJAX-maniac"

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 05, 2005 11:24 am

Andy22 schreef:that guy is Bert van Marwijk (former coach of feyenerd)
I think Philippe knew that... but I could be wrong. :D

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di apr 05, 2005 2:04 pm

the question is : did Steef know that ? :D

Feest

Bericht door Feest » di apr 05, 2005 2:23 pm

Yes, Bertje is my all-time favorite coach. A tactical genius and a wizard at man-management, :eusa_liar:

:pukey:

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » di apr 05, 2005 2:49 pm

I am? :D
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di apr 05, 2005 3:19 pm

Steef schreef:Yes, Bertje is my all-time favorite coach.
that explains everything : Richard Witschge, De Ridder ....

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 26, 2005 7:12 am

De Ridder says he hasn't made up his mind yet, but it seemd like he's on his way out. And can we blame him? Koeman ignored him, then he signed a new deal, but Blind is more or less ignoring him as well... He has to move on. I can understand him.

Anyway: according to reports on Ajax Netwerk Spurs and Newcastle United are two of the clubs interested in him. Newcastle's interest was reported byThe Sunday Sun. According to Dutch webiste Highlow.nl Spurs were also on the stands on Sunday. Ajax were sh*t, but Ridders had quite a good game as a sub. He brought some life to the game, I thought.

The player himself is reportedly more interested in a move to France (more his type of play in the French league). Several clubs, including Olympique Lyon and Paris St Germain, are interested if some reports of recent weeks are to be believed.

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di apr 26, 2005 7:25 am

Personally I think de Ridders has potential and could grow to a fine player. But he is not there yet. I wonder why there is (or seems to be) this much interest of good clubs for Daniel..
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 26, 2005 7:34 am

Lucas schreef:Personally I think de Ridders has potential and could grow to a fine player. But he is not there yet. I wonder why there is (or seems to be) this much interest of good clubs for Daniel..
Good question indeed...

He had a great game for Oranje U-21 in England recently, which helped a great deal.

But I also seriously think it's a matter of intelligence and looks: Ridders is fluent in Hebrew and speaks very good English. He's cool, calm and obviosuly very intelligent. He has a very mature, deep voice, in interviews you just have to love him and he looks great on the pitch. I am 100% convinced that these things make him look better than he actually is.

I admit: it affects me also. After every Ridders interview on telly I think: give this dude a starting slot in Ajax-1 for life and the captain's armband! But to be honest: he was quite good on Sunday, but before that he did not do the business in two or three games when he got the chance...

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di apr 26, 2005 8:22 am

He was very impressive last season. I've not seen him much this year, but I wonder why he has not become one of the basis players.
Appie, stay strong !

Gesloten