Ajax Collectors' Thread

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

hpechler

Ajax Collectors' Thread

Bericht door hpechler » ma mar 14, 2005 7:46 pm

Who can help me obtain a copy of a recording of this match?

Thanks much,

:eusa_pray: -Henk Pechler

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 14, 2005 8:30 pm

For your information: I have removed Henk's phone number and e-mail address. You should never post such information to a discussion forum: your e-mail address will be scanned by automatic 'address collectors' used by spammers, and you never know what morons will give you a phone call in the middle of the night because they feel you support the wrong club.

I wrote Henk's mail address and phone number down. If anyone can send him a copy of the '95 Champions League final on video or DVD, please post to this thread and I will get you in touch with Henk.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 10:08 am

Henk, good news for you!

Someone's offering a self-made DVD version of the entire Ajax vs Milan final, plus extras, on eBay.nl!

Here it is.

K.
Still alive...

Eric

Bericht door Eric » di mar 22, 2005 10:19 am

family of that dreadlocked girl from Idols 1?
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 23, 2005 3:28 pm

Right. I figured it would be a nice idea to piss off Philippe a bit more :hypocrite: so I turned this thread into the one and only official Ajax Collectors' Thread!

Are you looking for a specific game on video or DVD? Looking for that one LP of bad Ajax tunes from the 1970s? That Johan Cruyff biography that is long out of print?

Feel free to ask your fellow Ajax fans for their help in this thread - and this thread only. If you start a new thread for something that would also fit into this one, it will not be moved into this one, but it will be deleted. And, since we're the Pravdaway :D I might add that blatantly commercial (from vendors of footie collectibles who are not here to help fellow fans, but only to post their URL or promote their shop) will be deleted also.

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op zo mar 27, 2005 12:07 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za mar 26, 2005 1:03 pm

I've been looking for sometime for someone with access to dutch TV who can tape the Eredivisie highlights stuff from NOS2 (or not next season!). I was hoping to do this on an exchange basis but not really sure what I can offer as I know you can pick up the Premiership stuff OK in Holland.

If anyone is interested then I can tape various Portuguese, French, Brazilian or Argentinian footy from British Channels 4 + 5 (or are you a mad Corrie fan or something). I've also got various Ajax v PSV/Feyenoord stuff from late '80early '90's.

I'm not looking to make any money on this but maybe someone out there wants to swap recordings? :eusa_dance:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Reply to Braunsta

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 28, 2005 9:44 am

Our new friend Braunsta asked where he can find an Ajax T-shirt with the Star of David or Israeli flag on it...
Braunsta schreef: I just found out today about this whole "Jewish" thing that Ajax supporters have, and as a Jew (although i'm not really religous) I think this is like the coolest thing ever! How can i get one of those shirts that I read that people have, that have the Ajax logo and the star of david, or something like that. [...] if anyone knows where they sell these shirts, can they let me know? I'm in New York City so I really have no idea how to get one, but I really want one.
Fan wear with the Star of David/Israeli flag on it is available everywhere here in Amsterdam: scarfs, hats, T-shirts, keychains, hooded sweaters and what not. The problem is that this stuff is never 'official merchandise' from the club, but independently made fan stuff. The fan groups designing and producing this stuff usually don't have a proper webstore, so it's actually not that easy to order it on line...

In fact, right now I can't find anything... If I stumble across a place where they sell it, I'll post the URL here.

You know what... come to Amsterdam and you can buy yourself a shipload! Good excuse to come to Amsterdam... :yes:

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

2004-2005 Highlights DVD

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jun 09, 2005 9:49 am

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's there! As SE6 Ajacied pointed out in some other thread: the 2004-2005 highlights DVD has arrived! It must be a very short DVD... but anyway.

The English-language version of the Online Shop on Ajax.nl does not have it yet (*sigh*), but it is also available from the Free Record Shop website:

http://www.freerecordshop.nl/

Shipping cost to any place in the world is only 3.50 euros. If you order it there, I can also recommend the DVD of Dennis Bergkamp's Ajax years, which is now 12.99 euros. If you order that one as well the total shipping cost will go up by only 0.25 euros, to 3.75.

Next thing to look out for: the official yearbook of 2004-2005!

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di aug 30, 2005 8:07 pm

Hmm, I seem to be monopolising this thread a bit I know but can anyone recommend any shops in/aroud Amsterdam that sell old Ajax programmes/stuff. I've collected a few bits of Ebay but that tends to get expensive even for cheap stuff by the time you've been ripped off for postage as well so I'm hoping theres a shop somewhere I can have a rumage through instead.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma okt 31, 2005 10:23 pm

Does anyone have an idea if you can get those Ajax-ties online to ship?

SE6, do you know??? (being the pillar in this thread and on Ajax-ties)
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di nov 01, 2005 5:29 am

I think the only place you're going to get one Per is the online club-shop on www.ajax.nl

Remind me what you were saying when I bought mine at the Arsenal game again :D

There are also some really bright unofficial Ajax ties on E-bay most of the time. Try doing a search on "Ajax Stropdas" and see what comes up.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » za nov 05, 2005 10:44 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:I think the only place you're going to get one Per is the online club-shop on www.ajax.nl

Remind me what you were saying when I bought mine at the Arsenal game again :D

There are also some really bright unofficial Ajax ties on E-bay most of the time. Try doing a search on "Ajax Stropdas" and see what comes up.
I think you'd better remind me.....I like the tie you bought and now I'm stuck with ties everyday.

BTW, you won't be hearing from me in a while now as I'm going away (east) to work and won't be able to check in that much.

GO AJAX!
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » ma jan 09, 2006 8:20 pm

In re Warner Home Video to release series of Ajax DVDs... Do we know what format these will be issued in? I'm assuming these will be targeted at European markets and therefore issued in PAL format only. Nice if they were available in both PAL and NTSC, but I won't hold my breath.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 09, 2006 8:30 pm

When I bought my DVD player I had them make it 'region free' as they called it: suitable for both PAL and NTSC. All it took was some minor 'surgery' to the machine. The guy took it with him and it was done 10 minutes later. I think it cost me an extra 15 euros or so. I can now view DVDs for regions 1 (USA/Japan) and 2 (Europe).

Perhaps your local audio/video store can perform this operation on your DVD player as well...?

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma jan 09, 2006 10:23 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:When I bought my DVD player I had them make it 'region free' as they called it: suitable for both PAL and NTSC. All it took was some minor 'surgery' to the machine. The guy took it with him and it was done 10 minutes later. I think it cost me an extra 15 euros or so. I can now view DVDs for regions 1 (USA/Japan) and 2 (Europe).

Perhaps your local audio/video store can perform this operation on your DVD player as well...?

K.
Funny thing. A lot of new DVD players (lets say in the past 2 years) are actually region free out of the box. I bought a Panasonic about 2 years ago and on the box and instructions it claims to be Region 4. Nope. Plays region 1 & 2 as well. And these aren't discs that say they are region 1 but are actually all regions.

I asked the salesman in the store when I purchased it about making in region free and he said that most are out of the box already.

Dont get me started on the merrits of Region Coding. Bloody pricks those movie companies. If I legally purchase a DVD thats region 1, it should bloddy well play no matter where I am. What happens if I move countries/regions? Do they expect me to purchase the same movie again?

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jan 09, 2006 11:42 pm

My dvd player is region-free too. If you don't want to mess around with your dvd player (apparently it could invalidate the warranty) then you can download a programme off the web to make your pc dvd player region-free instead - costs about $20.00 US I think.

Rubin Stark

Bericht door Rubin Stark » zo feb 05, 2006 1:48 am

Help, please!

Is there a website that sells DVDs of classic Ajax matches? There used to be one, but can't find it now - maybe it was shut down.

Just after some sublime Ajax. I read once where a match against Real Madrid in the mid-nineties (2-0 or 3-0) was described as one of the greatest Ajax displays ever, so that's the kind of stuff I'm after.
"The joy of seeing Yuri Gargarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of
a good penalty save." - Lev Yashin

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma feb 06, 2006 11:53 am

Wanted: An Ajax FOOTBALL game
I am hoping there is someone that can assist with my request.

Basically, I am looking for an Ajax game from the past 3 years where the team played well, ie: pass the ball around the field, players showing flair and arrogance, beautiful building play from the back, beautiful goals etc.

I know that this is an extremely rare product, but if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Please contact me via this thread if you can help a desperate Ajax fan out.

Thanks for your time.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 11, 2006 1:38 pm

WelshAjaxFan schreef:Hi guys

Sorry if this topic has been mentioned before on the forum but looking for a reliable website shop that sell Ajax season reviews either on DVD or VHS - does anyone know any?

Thanks for help, Alex
K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di apr 11, 2006 1:51 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:

Sorry if this topic has been mentioned before on the forum but looking for a reliable website shop that sell Ajax season reviews either on DVD or VHS - does anyone know any?

Thanks for help, Alex
K.
Welcome WelshAjaxFan,

Try the online shop at www.vi.nl (Voetbal international magazine). They normally have some at least in stock........

WelshAjaxFan

Bericht door WelshAjaxFan » di apr 11, 2006 1:55 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:

Thanks for help, Alex
K.
Welcome WelshAjaxFan,

Try the online shop at www.vi.nl (Voetbal international magazine). They normally have some at least in stock........
great news, thank you

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 17, 2006 2:02 pm

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the Ajax Yearbook and the season DVD of the great 2005-2006 season have arrived!

The season DVD was actually released a few weeks ago, but the Yearbook was officially presented today.

Want to add these annual must-haves to your Ajax collection? Both items can be ordered from Ye Olde Online Shoppe at Ajax.nl right now! (Dutch version only, I just noticed... for f*ck's sake...will they ever learn?). You can also try the shops at VI.nl and BOL.com.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jul 17, 2006 8:33 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the Ajax Yearbook and the season DVD of the great 2005-2006 season have arrived!

The season DVD was actually released a few weeks ago,
K.
Yeah, I got the DVD a couple of weeks back. Not that impressed though I have to say - there's vitually nothing on it apart from the matches (unless you count the 'highlights' of the open day) and nothing at all of the Amsterdam Tournement which the old style reviews always used to have (I was actually looking forward to that as I went last year).

Strengholt who used to make them before Warner Bros took over this year always used to include extra stuff (Johnny Heitinga's tour of the ArenA stands out) but none of that this time around - poor show really.

P.S. neither the home or away shirts are available online either :sad:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 17, 2006 9:37 pm

Yeah, the season DVD is really shit... They make the Johan Cruyff Shield look like the most important game of the season (it's almost as if the whole flippin' game is on it), whereas they didn't even include a single goal from the two Brøndby games (CL qualification). That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

And as you say: no extras of any kind. The whole show is as flat and one-dimensional as Ye Olde VHS Cassette. F*ck that. Pathetic.

Ajax fan from abroad: "Can you help me, please? I want to order the Ajax season DVD..."

Ajax: "Well, there's good news and there's bad news..."

Ajax fan from abroad: "Let's have the bad news first then."

Ajax: "The bad news is that you can not order the season DVD from abroad."

Ajax fan from abroad: "And the good news...?"

Ajax: "The good news is that it is a shit DVD, and that the commentary is in Dutch only, so you're not really missing anything anyway..."

X'C X'C X'C

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di jul 18, 2006 2:27 am

The shite narrative may be in Dutch , but the shite photos of the generally shite season are in english. Oh Joy!! :D
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Plaats reactie