Ajax.nl, the official Ajax website

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

john_stein

Ajax.nl, the official Ajax website

Bericht door john_stein » wo mar 23, 2005 2:25 am

For those of us who don't speak dutch but we are still huge Ajax fans it's really important to get news about the club so that we can find out whats going on everyday in Ajax. The Ajax website is constantly updated but ONLY in the dutch section. The english page only gets articles every sunday after a game and honestly I rather read the Ajax USA match report because its more clear and it tells the truth about what really happened in the game.

This is really frustrating because the only choice we have is to use a word translator and we get translations like: the knight: de ridder, the cow man: koeman, Van of the speed: van der vaart and many other more ;) And there are no other ajax news stories in english updated daily other than this forum so I really wish this could change. I'll send an e-mail to the Ajax webpage but I'll probably be told to f*¨^ off

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mar 23, 2005 8:54 am

Every non Dutch Ajax fan has had the same experiences. About 3 years ago, the official Ajax website even ceased to publish the English version for several weeks.
The trouble with Ajax is that officials do not think being in charge of a world famous club. The official supporters association (SVA) magazine used to have a English summary but it only lasted a year or two.
As you say, you may find informations on other fan sites. De Ajax Ster used to have an English section, but it does not exist anymore anyway. The new fanzine was planning to have an online English version, but it was too much work.
It has to be said that if there were more hits on those sites, they would be more chance to get them going. The F-Side book is still looking for a publisher for its English version, though it was a huge success in Holland.
Appie, stay strong !

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo mar 23, 2005 10:24 am

Ajax.nl is a propaganda machine. Nothing negative is published. Only traing reports are worth reading.

Eric

Bericht door Eric » wo mar 23, 2005 10:33 am

That's why you have AjaxTalk... :headbang:
Ajax.nl is notoriously rubbish when it comes to updating their site with news. No to mention their match reports which are laughably biased.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo mar 23, 2005 11:25 am

Eric schreef:That's why you have AjaxTalk... :headbang:
Ajax.nl is notoriously rubbish when it comes to updating their site with news. No to mention their match reports which are laughably biased.
Well, seems that this the place for Ajax.nl-bashing, so that's my turn :

1) The site is like Pleasantville, no kidding, typical propaganda.
2) The updates in English suck (never up to date, and only meaningless stuff are posted)
3) Stuffed with advertisement
4) I cry every time I give a peek at the sites of Feyenoord and PSV (great stuff, better design, articles in English, Dutch and Korean)

Bericht door 343 » wo mar 23, 2005 12:28 pm

I am going to mail this thread to AJAX.nl.
MOFO'S!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mar 23, 2005 7:25 pm

The only item I look up on the official site is the match report of the reserves just because it lists the players and subs. It is interesting to see who is playing at that level.

I agree the english site is crap, but with Ajax.Usa and of course the Ajaxtalk forum we english speaking non dutchies are very lucky.

A big thank you to all of you for supplying such great english speaking sites and letting us know what is happening .

Feest

Bericht door Feest » wo mar 23, 2005 7:39 pm

Carcajou schreef: 4) I cry every time I give a peek at the sites of Feyenoord (great stuff, better design, articles in English, Dutch and Korean)
And soon Spanish and Portuguese, if everything goes to plan. :headbang:

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do mar 24, 2005 9:33 am

Steef schreef:
Carcajou schreef: 4) I cry every time I give a peek at the sites of Feyenoord (great stuff, better design, articles in English, Dutch and Korean)
Man, outside Holland psv and feyenoord are hardly known. feyenoord and the Portuguese language... meant for those Brazilian talents? :nooo:

Ik ben ik

Bericht door Ik ben ik » ma mar 28, 2005 10:59 pm

Some Feyenoord-players get to know what the training was about when they get home... :hypocrite:
Kan het aantal characters van een signature niet opgehoogd worden van 125 naar 175 ofzo?

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di mar 29, 2005 12:05 am

The Ajax merchandising operation is also a sham. They could sell a lot more jersies if they had a fully functional shop in fully in English with proper, quality photographs of the items for sale.

The problem with Ajax is that they are not interested in the quality of their site, they can't even see the potential. They just outsourced the website operations off to the first multinational company to come in with an offer because they couldn't be bothered to do it properly themselves. The big multinational company then only does the bare minimums specified in the contract of course because they have no personal interest in the site.

Here's a sample of the English version of the online shop:

Ajax 3rd bedrukt shirt 128

Click here for another maat
Prijs : 75,00

"bedrukt"?? "Click here for another maat"?????

And the photo next to it is no bigger than my thumb. If you click for a bigger photo you get a photo as big as my index finger. Woohoo. With no detail shots and no reverse picture either. You have to wonder what group of charlatans are in charge of the site.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di mar 29, 2005 12:25 am

bryan schreef:The Ajax merchandising operation is also a sham.
Total agreement about the online shop. A couple of years back I saw on the dutch site that the season highlights DVD was available so decided to buy one. After 2 or 3 weeks it still wasn't for sale on the English site and I ended up buying it from the Voetbal International site (with higher postage) instead.

The crying shame for Ajax is that, if I'd bought it from their site I'd most likely have ordered some other stuff as well (or then again most likely not because as we've said the online shop is not very good).

He're hoping for the future - if you check out the Marseille or St Ettienne shops which I stumbled upon recently they both seem to be outsourced to another company as well - thing is they're about 200 times better than ours.

Come on Ajax - sort it out :redcard: !! :nooo:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Feest

Bericht door Feest » di mar 29, 2005 3:05 am

GangstaRiB schreef:
Steef schreef:
Man, outside Holland psv and feyenoord are hardly known. feyenoord and the Portuguese language... meant for those Brazilian talents? :nooo:
Ever heard of the expression 'build it and they'll come'?

:yes:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 29, 2005 11:47 am

Not strictly this post but a mention above about online shop reminds me that recently in a large Soccer World shop in Brighton they had PSV and Fword home and away shirts . They told me they never get Ajax shirts.

Ajax need to start selling their shirts in this country epsecially as it is one of the most famous in soccer.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di mar 29, 2005 2:46 pm

SPL schreef:Not strictly this post but a mention above about online shop reminds me that recently in a large Soccer World shop in Brighton they had PSV and Fword home and away shirts . They told me they never get Ajax shirts.

Ajax need to start selling their shirts in this country epsecially as it is one of the most famous in soccer.
You must have stopped shopping in Harrod's over a year ago then SPL as last year they were selling the top. :D
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 29, 2005 3:13 pm

I am not saying that SPL is wrong, but the distribution of Ajax merchandise is one thing that has greatly improved in - say - the past three, four years or so. When I first started writing for Ajax USA it was a true nightmare: 50% of the e-mail I received came from people who wanted an Ajax jersey, but couldn't get one. Their local shop didn't have any (and didn't know how to get them), there was no online shop on Ajax.nl and even most online retailers of sportswear did not have it. Ajax were very amateurish when it came to the distribution of their merchandise.

I noticed it myself, too. I travel quite a bit for work and each time I walked past a sports store I quickly checked if they had any Ajax stuff. Usually the answer was 'no'. Painful, as the Ajax jersey is one of the most recognized and distinguished in the world. Very, very popular with footie fans around the globe.

But things have improved (I'm not saying that it's perfect).

Ajax.nl has an online shop now - and to be honest I don't think it's that bad. The lay-out could be better, but I ordered something a few times and it seems to work fine (I also checked if it's easy enough in English: could be better, but no-one should get stuck). The items I ordered was shipped pretty quickly. No complaints there.

On my travels I also noticed that the availability of Ajax stuff in foreign sports stores has improved enormously. They usually have it nowadays, is my impression. I even saw very prominent Adidas/Ajax displays in sports stores in London and Stockholm.

There's always room for improvement; no doubt.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mei 17, 2005 11:57 am

Ajax internet TV looks pretty good, and I wanted to get a subscription. but it is impossible if you do not leave in Holland, because you can only pay with the phone line bill, if I understand correctly ...

:rocketwhore:

Vraag:
Ik ben woonachtig in het buitenland en will graag weten hoe ik een abonnement kan afsluiten? Er zijn veel mensen zoals ik die graag naar Ajax willen kijken. Betalen met credit card is een oplossing. Dit is iets wat heel gewoon is in de USA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antwoord:
Binnenkort komt er een internationale versie van de Ajax Breedbandportal beschikbaar. U kunt zich dan registreren en betalen via een aantal veelvoorkomende internationale betaalmogelijkheden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mei 17, 2005 12:05 pm

Vraag:
Ik ben woonachtig in het buitenland en will graag weten hoe ik een abonnement kan afsluiten? Er zijn veel mensen zoals ik die graag naar Ajax willen kijken. Betalen met credit card is een oplossing. Dit is iets wat heel gewoon is in de USA.

Antwoord:
Binnenkort komt er een internationale versie van de Ajax Breedbandportal beschikbaar. U kunt zich dan registreren en betalen via een aantal veelvoorkomende internationale betaalmogelijkheden.
Yup... This is what it says:

Question:
I live outside of The Netherland and want to know how I can subscribe. There are many people like me who want to watch Ajax. Payment with a credit card is an option. This a very normal way of paying in countries such as the USA.

Answer:
An international version of the Ajax broadband portal will be available soon. It will then be possible to register and pay via a number of internationally accepted methods.

What a silly statement, by the way: "Payment with a credit card is an option. This a very normal way of paying in countries such as the USA". What's that all about? As if credit cards are some sort of novelty that people are used to in the U.S. - but not here. It's as normal in Holland as it anywhere else in the world. The fact that they don't take credit card payments already only says something about them, not about the current level of credit card acceptance in Holland. Gimme a break.

If they can make this happen without f#cking up... That would be great. It would allow hundreds of Ajax USA'ers to pay 25 euros a year and watch everything... Not every game will be available live, by the way, but that's a matter of broadcasting rights. Otherwise, however, you will never miss an Ajax goal again. You will have access to interviews, short documentaries, training reports, archive material... everything.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di mei 17, 2005 1:42 pm

Sad headlines too:

"wit wint" (with trabelsi coincedently in the bak running ahaha)

"taart voor van der vaart"<--has to be the lamest thing ever

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di mei 17, 2005 8:04 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Sad headlines too:

"wit wint" (with trabelsi coincedently in the bak running ahaha)

"taart voor van der vaart"<--has to be the lamest thing ever
Forgive me if I'm sounding like a parrot (I just put the same post in the Yannis thread), but not everybody here can understand Dutch, so Mr ZoefdeHaas (and all the other people that understand both languages), please try to provide a quick translation with your posts in Dutch, vu que cette section est censée être dédiée à la langue de Shakespeare (as this section is normally the English section, frustrating isn't it ??)

;)
meh :|

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di mei 17, 2005 11:36 pm

Haha my bad:

"White wins" (training)

"Cake for Van der Vaart" (birthday recognition/training)

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za mei 28, 2005 11:26 pm

It's a wee bit early I know but I clicked onto the online shop to see if there's anything about the season highlights DVD.....The first page told me not to go any further...."In March Ajax exists 105 years! To celebrate this big event we have spectacular discounts for you in February and March.

Our special offer for February: Ajax mini kit kids home or away for € 29,95! Click on “special offers” and order quickly. While stocks last!"

Hmmm, No comment needed :blush:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di jun 14, 2005 9:10 am

the "English" Ajax online shop : does not have the same articles as the Dutch one ! I wanted to get the black jacket with the Amsterdam sign on the shoulder : impossible. :pukey:
Appie, stay strong !

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jun 14, 2005 7:05 pm

philippe schreef:the "English" Ajax online shop : does not have the same articles as the Dutch one ! I wanted to get the black jacket with the Amsterdam sign on the shoulder : impossible. :pukey:
Philippe, I'm not sure which jacket you're talking about so I can't check but have you tried www.fan-of.nl or www.vi.nl ? Both of those sites sell loads of official merchandise, often really old stuff you can't get anymore :xyxthumbs:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo jun 15, 2005 8:09 am

thanks, but the one I am looking for is only on the Dutch version of the Ajax online shop : http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=146532
Afbeelding
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie