International Ajax Fanclubs

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Scotland the Brave

International Ajax Fanclubs

Bericht door Scotland the Brave » vr mar 18, 2005 1:41 pm

Can anybody tell me if there is an Ajax Supporters Club in Scotland?
For freedom - and that alone - which no man gives up but with life itself. "Alba gu brath"

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 18, 2005 4:07 pm

Wow... Good question. I don't really think so, actually. I know there are fan communities in English, German, French, Polish, Russian, Vietnamese and Chinese, to name but a few, but a Scottish supporters club? Not that I've heard of.

By the way: I changed the title of this thread, turning it into a more 'general' thread for questions (and hopefully answers) about international Ajax fanclubs. Let's post all that stuff here, so that it becomes a folder of information for Ajax supporters around the world!

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr mar 18, 2005 4:14 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Wow... Good question. I don't really think so, actually. I know there are fan communities in English, German, French, Polish, Russian, Vietnamese and Chinese, to name but a few, but a Scottish supporters club? Not that I've heard of.

By the way: I changed the title of this thread, turning it into a more 'general' thread for questions (and hopefully answers) about international Ajax fanclubs. Let's post all that stuff here, so that it becomes a folder of information for Ajax supporters around the world!

K.
Rumor has it that there's an American fanclub out there. Anyone know anything about that? ;) ;) ;)

Scotland the Brave

Bericht door Scotland the Brave » vr mar 18, 2005 6:43 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Wow... Good question. I don't really think so, actually. I know there are fan communities in English, German, French, Polish, Russian, Vietnamese and Chinese, to name but a few, but a Scottish supporters club? Not that I've heard of.

K.
Thanks for that, if anyone in the Edinburgh area is interested in getting together and getting something up and running, please send me a PM.
For freedom - and that alone - which no man gives up but with life itself. "Alba gu brath"

jock cloggie

Bericht door jock cloggie » vr mar 18, 2005 7:48 pm

check your PM mate
the english boys will be gutted, another scot joining the group.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za mar 19, 2005 5:55 am

Tough luck for me, the only way i can find a real ajax soporter around here is by taking a 45 minute plain trip to the lovely Aruba.In my country everybody likes real madrid Yuck :sad:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo mar 20, 2005 8:10 pm

Scotland the Brave and Jock Cloggie

Welcome from another scotsman who follows Ajax. There are about 5 or 6 of us Scots who go to all home games. 2 of us have had season tickets in Vak 422 for a few years now.

If you ever plan to come over for games, let me know and I will pick up tickets for you no problem. Just send me a pm anytime.

All the best

Slainte
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mar 20, 2005 8:52 pm

jamcocteau schreef:Welcome from another scotsman who follows Ajax. There are about 5 or 6 of us Scots who go to all home games. 2 of us have had season tickets in Vak 422 for a few years now.
That's great.

I am a Dutchie myself, but always go to home games with the infamous 'Cockney Cloggies'. Most of them post to this board quite regularly: Over Pasanens Head, Pizza 5, Jock Cloggie and some other guys. We should all meet up some time!

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo mar 20, 2005 11:02 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Tough luck for me, the only way i can find a real Ajax soporter around here is by taking a 45 minute plain trip to the lovely Aruba.In my country everybody likes real madrid Yuck :sad:
Aruba? :cheer: You come here often?

ajaxnumberone
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxnumberone » ma mar 21, 2005 8:08 am

Oh a nice place !! :xyxthumbs:

Afbeelding

We had a small party for :blush: 105th Ajax's birthday ;) !

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma mar 21, 2005 11:11 am

not sure of any yet in australia either...OK i just started one.
Chairman - Me. To join just send $1000 in unmarked bills to.....

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma mar 21, 2005 11:16 am

jock cloggie schreef:check your PM mate
the english boys will be gutted, another scot joining the group.
No problem with me - I just think its great that you ethnic minorities can stick together and that Jock Cloggie will at last find somebody that will understand what the hell he is saying. :eusa_dance:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

jock cloggie

Bericht door jock cloggie » ma mar 21, 2005 5:19 pm

cheers bill!

when's your birthday????????

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma mar 21, 2005 5:23 pm

jock cloggie schreef:cheers bill!

when's your birthday????????
30th February - thanks for asking.

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » ma mar 21, 2005 10:50 pm

I did hear that a certain Scotsman is considering starting a Munich branch supporters club.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » di mar 22, 2005 11:54 am

"I am a Dutchie myself, but always go to home games with the infamous 'Cockney Cloggies'. Most of them post to this board quite regularly: Over Pasanens Head, Pizza 5, Jock Cloggie and some other guys. We should all me
et up some time! "

Kowalczyk, no problem with meeting up before or after a match. Usually in Rembrandtsplein before the games and somewhere in the city afterwards.

Alternatively could meet for a beer before or after a concert in Paradiso or Melkweg as having read other posts believe we are at same gigs quite often.

Are you still writing for Amsterdam Times - good column have to say - far better than the guy from Boom Chicago and his Dutch missus.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 12:47 pm

jamcocteau schreef:Kowalczyk, no problem with meeting up before or after a match. Usually in Rembrandtsplein before the games and somewhere in the city afterwards.
We usually have our pre-game cocktails at 't Loosje (Nieuwmarkt) and our post-game ones (plus some food) at Hesp (Weesperzijde by Amstel Station). But anywhere's fine with me, actually. Let's wait for the next one for which all the Cockney Cloggies are over and arrange something.
Alternatively could meet for a beer before or after a concert in Paradiso or Melkweg as having read other posts believe we are at same gigs quite often.
Always a good idea... Not sure what my next one will be, though. For this Thursday I haven't made my mind up yet (Roots Manuva @ Paradiso or Crosby & Nash @ Melkweg...). Will keep you posted on my individual gig guide... (what does yours look like?)
Are you still writing for Amsterdam Times - good column have to say - far better than the guy from Boom Chicago and his Dutch missus.
Cheers. :xyxthumbs:

Yeah - I'm still doing that one. The last two were ultra-short, and a bit crap because of that (enormous adverts on the page, so it could only be half the normal length), but they still publish my rants...

K.
Still alive...

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di mar 22, 2005 1:20 pm

2 of the Cockney Cloggies, ie Ray and I, are over on the 10th for the AZ game. Maybe we can arrange something then.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 22, 2005 2:26 pm

Yeah, good idea.

Pizza 5 and J.C.: what are the flight prices for the 10th...? AZ, you know. Interesting fixture (probably another hammering, but I've gone numb anyway, so I won't feel a thing anyway, especially after having spent a few hours in the boozer with a whole tribe of Jocks). :D

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 22, 2005 5:18 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: I know there are fan communities in English, German, French, Polish, Russian, Vietnamese and Chinese, to name but a few
I do not think there is any proper supporters' club anywhere outside Holland (although I am not sure with Italy because Ajax fan clubs banner seem to appear when ajax plays there).

And there is nothing special for foreigners in the SVA (official), or in the OFA (unofficial) but they are quite helpful when you contact them.
Appie, stay strong !

jock cloggie

Bericht door jock cloggie » di mar 22, 2005 7:00 pm

will not be over for AZ game.
looking to come over on the 24 april.
may meet all the new guys then?
as for the munich branch, sonya and i will be happy to welcome everyone as long as you own a certain type of german clothing????

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » di mar 22, 2005 11:06 pm

I am not over for the AZ game either.I have decided instead to invest the money normally spent on a trip in a different way.I am going to buy a garden gnome,put it in the middle of my lawn and then spend 90 minutes watching it from my bedroom window.I reckon it has a better chance of remaining upright in a strong wind and will get more crosses in than that twat Rosales.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo mar 23, 2005 3:05 pm

kowalczyk

meet up before the AZ game sounds ok - probably be 4 of us there, 3 Scots and an Irish lad. Will contact you nearer the time to make arrangements.

Concert wise, will be going to Asian Dub Foundation, James Yorkston (Edinburgh guy), Doves, Arcade Fire, Gang of Four, Kills, London Callling, the Dears, Go-Betweens, Lou Barlow and Mercury Rev over the next month or so, so if you are at any of those can also meet for a beer. Busy enough anyway.

Well hope you all have a good Easter break - away to Milan for Scotland game on Saturday. Aye, white a life this year - watching Ajax, Scotland and the mighty Partick Thistle, Jeez can it get any worse football wise :yes:

Slainte

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do mar 24, 2005 2:50 am

Aruba? You come here often?

Not really just been a couple of times during summer vacation, y remember the last time i went was about 3 years ago, i had just bought a Zlatan Shirt in amsterdam a few weeks before and desided to wear it ( i had no idea who he was, just liked the name :poketoungeb: ) turns out some tourist in Aruba were ajax fans,they were nuts about the guy and filled me in about the team( at that time ESPNDeportes dident transmit Eredivisie games). Man little did i know that he( Zlatan) would transform into my favorite player since Jari.

I must agree it was a very nice place and i had a hell of a time,very nice cake too though i got an even better cake on my 18th birthday, it was an incredible ajax Cake i´ll see if i can find a pic.

See ya
BRING IT ON !!!!...

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do apr 07, 2005 10:42 am

Kowalczyk

How do you fancy meeting up before the Gang of Four concert next week in Melkweg for a beer. Assume you shall be going after the nespaper article you wrote today about them.

Think it is probably easier to meet then than before the AZ game.

Let me know your thoughts

Slainte

Plaats reactie