Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mar 05, 2005 9:31 am

When reading this article in The Daily Mirror I get the feeling that Spurs are more afraid that they will lose Martin Jol than they like to admit...

K.
Still alive...

ajaxnumberone
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxnumberone » za mar 05, 2005 12:58 pm

Oh actually I hope to hear good news in 2 weeks about Ajax' coaches, 18-3 Ajax birthday, so It's so great if we have Johan Cruijff !!

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za mar 05, 2005 3:30 pm

I'm beginning to warm to Ruud Krol. I like his management style. And he's a proper Amsterdammer too.

Apostata
Contacteer:

Bericht door Apostata » za mar 05, 2005 5:57 pm

bryan schreef:I'm beginning to warm to Ruud Krol. <snip> he's a proper Amsterdammer too.
Do you mean by birth, personality...or both?

bryan

Bericht door bryan » zo mar 06, 2005 1:05 pm

Both.

He also has absolutely no media savvy. He's like the anti-Koeman. He walks into press conferences, shouts out the lineup, cuts off journalists while giving them the evil eye, and then walks out as quickly as he walked in. Fantastic.

You can tell this guy was the most feared defender at Ajax for 11 years in a row.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di mar 08, 2005 4:14 am

My Google media alert (email notifications of news stories) sent me the following link and headline - the notification munged the title and source into one string. :D

Ajax in Talks with Blind Scotsman

Hm, I might prefer a blind Scotsman to some of the other candidates. I don't have very good feelings about Danny Blind at the helm. He seems a bit Jan Wouterish to me. That is a totally uninformed opinion, of course, but what else is new?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di mar 08, 2005 9:18 am

Yeah... Algemeen Dagblad and VI.nl also confirm that there has been a first talk with Danny Blind about the position of head-coach. According to AD Martin Jol is still the number one candidate, though. A second talk with Blind is scheduled for Tuesday.

I would be very enthusiastic about Ten Cate or Jol, moderately enthusiastic about Laudrup (benefit of the doubt kind of thing) - but very sceptical about Blind... Like Jim said: a bit Jan Wouterish (you got that right).

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di mar 08, 2005 9:21 am

Based on nothing! The difference between Wouters and Blind is communication. Wouters seems a shy, timid person out of the pitch. Blind is not
I think I lost my fucking headache

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 08, 2005 12:07 pm

I think Laudrup could be a good choice because of his experience with Olsen.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mar 08, 2005 3:05 pm

If he can successfully lead Ajax through the next 5-6 weeks of the season( home to PSV and AZ, F-word away, Amstel Cup), I would prefer Ajax select Ruud Krol instead of Danny Blind.Blind, as my tag shows, is my all-time favourite player. But, he is unknown as a coach except as relates to the youth sides.

The only spanner to be thrown into what I said would be if Henk Ten Cate or Martin Jol announce for Ajax in the very near future...say within a fortnight.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo mar 09, 2005 12:21 am

Based on nothing! The difference between Wouters and Blind is communication. Wouters seems a shy, timid person out of the pitch. Blind is not
Based on Frank Verlaat, Aron Winter, Ruud Kras, John Nieuwenburg and god knows who else Blind spent 70 million guilders on in 1999.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo mar 09, 2005 7:57 am

Blind was still a player then. The players bought, were bought mainly on the advice of saint JC

Bericht door 343 » wo mar 09, 2005 8:43 am

bryan schreef:Ruud Kras
Not Danny Blind his 'fault', but Leo Beenhakker's. And he was cheap too.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo mar 09, 2005 9:13 am

Ajax chairman John Jaakke admits in today's De Telegraaf that were talks yesterday with both Danny Blind and Johan Cruyff. Cruyff is Ajax's semi-official consultant in their search for a new head-coach and technical director. Jaakke stated that Cruyff did not give him any specific names: "We talked primarily about the most important foundations of the club: scouting, youth system, technical policy. Those things are the way they are at the moment, but he discussed why they are."

Jaakke did not want to comment on the conversation the club had with Danny Blind, but he did stress that Ajax are getting closer to their goal.

K.
Still alive...

Bericht door 343 » do mar 10, 2005 8:50 am

Ajax put on hold as Jol pledges rest of season to Tottenham

Bron: timesonline.co.uk

MARTIN JOL, the Tottenham Hotspur head coach, has told Ajax officials that he feels a moral obligation to stay at the Barclays Premiership club, whom he joined four months ago, but the 49-year-old has not ruled out a move to Amsterdam.
Jol, who met Ajax representatives in the past few days, believes that there are too many potential difficulties to accept the position with the biggest club in the Netherlands and that the hefty compensation required to free him from his contract at White Hart Lane would be prohibitive.
Jol still in the frame for Ajax

Bron: The Guardian

Martin Jol has met Ajax representatives to discuss their vacant head coach's position but told them it could be difficult for him to walk out of Tottenham now.
The Dutchman did not formally rule out a move to Ajax when he sat down with the president John Jaakke and general manager Arie van Eijden but explained that he felt a moral responsibility to Spurs after only four months in charge.

Jol is Ajax's first choice to succeed Ronald Koeman and will make a final decision on his future if the Dutch champions follow through their interest by indicating a willingness to pay the compensation that Tottenham would demand. The 49-year-old coach has more than two years left on his contract and Spurs' demands could prove prohibitive for Ajax.
Tottenham are determined to keep Jol, who has described himself as "very happy" at White Hart Lane, and their sporting director Frank Arnesen has said he is "sure" Jol will stay.

Ajax have also spoken to Danny Blind, their academy director, about replacing Koeman, who resigned after a Uefa Cup defeat by Auxerre. The third name on their short list is Henk Ten Cate, No2 to Frank Rijkaard at Barcelona.

Koeman is among the candidates being considered by Portsmouth as they seek a manager to succeed Velimir Zajec, who will revert to sporting director at the end of the season. The former Holland international, who won two Dutch championships and a Dutch Cup as Ajax coach, is aware of Portsmouth's interest. His previous coaching jobs were as Barcelona's No2 under Louis van Gaal and a period in charge of Vitesse Arnhem.

Eric

Bericht door Eric » do mar 10, 2005 8:51 am

cross-posting :hypocrite:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 10, 2005 9:05 am

It is clear to me that Jol wants to accept the Ajax job, but I can understand that he's a little bit cautious. I mean: what if he said "I would love it, so if you can reach a financial agreement with Spurs - I'm your man!" and then the whole thing falls through...? He wouldn't look too good if that happened, so he's being very cautious in what he says. But he seems to be interested.

Ajax: talk to Spurs, give 'em the money and sign the man up!

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do mar 10, 2005 12:49 pm

I agree with Ko. Besides,any coach who can take a modest(financially and talent wise)club like RKC and have them within shouting distance of Europe is pretty damn good in my book.Team him up with a person with a real eye for talent and this lull we're in won't last long.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 10, 2005 1:50 pm

I have been impressed with Jol in his short time in UK . Big problem with Spurs is that they do not have the finances to get into the European Champions League with Chelski, Moan u Arsenal, and the likes of Liverpool and Newcastle around. He will only ever have to be content to qualify for UEFA Cup and win the Cup over here. Spurs are still in the Cup but so are Moan U and Arsenal and that is their only hope of winning something this season.

Ajax are a bigger club than Spurs and should most years be in Champions League.( I am still confident we will finish ahead of AZ this season)

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 11, 2005 12:11 pm

Johan Cruyff has recommended Johan Neeskens, according to the Dutch press.

DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM, AJAX!

(He will prove the next Koeman, mark my words!)

K.
Still alive...

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr mar 11, 2005 12:13 pm

Cruijff cares more about getting friends jobs than he cares about Ajax.. :pukey:

Eric

Bericht door Eric » vr mar 11, 2005 12:16 pm

As stated in another topic... analysing his 'suggestions' involving Ajax, and it seems to me he is still holding a grudge against Ajax...

His loyalties seem to be Barcelona - Dutch national team and lagging far behind is Ajax...
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr mar 11, 2005 12:24 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Johan Cruyff has recommended Johan Neeskens, according to the Dutch press.

K.
What a surprise - I do believe that I said a while ago that I wouldn't be surprised if Neeskens joined as coach.

Personally, I think that we will end up with Ladrup as I still feel that Jol is using us as a bargaining chip in his negotiations with S***s (that word is a swear word in our family!!!!!!!!).
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr mar 11, 2005 5:55 pm

Neeskens? :pukey: Nothing like the Bored looking directly into the eyes of the supporters, then kicking them squarely in the groin.

wimpey

Bericht door wimpey » vr mar 11, 2005 6:09 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: DO NOT LISTEN TO HIM, AJAX!
Cruijff's a major pain in the pooper. Our freelance adviser spends his life on Barcelona's beaches and the golf course, how the f*ck should he of all people know what's good for Ajax and who should be appointed as our new coach?! It's ridiculous, but knowing Ajax' and its useless management, Neeskens will be anounced as Koeman's successor.

Apparently, it's more important to be pally-pally with Cruijff than to find someone who can actually improve Ajax' current miserable status, results and performances. Cruijff prefers mates to skills, he prefers his own ego and circle of friends to Ajax' wellbeing. It's time to retire this man once and for all, he's done enough damage over the past decade...

Have Ajax forgotten that it was Cruijff who suggested Ajax sign Winter, Verlaat and Menzo, about 5 years ago?! Obviously... It's a great thing that Ajax listen to Cruijff's opinion, as long as the management do the absolute opposite of what the Messias suggests.

Plaats reactie