General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: General Football Discussion

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Donyell Malen who left our youth program for Arsenal is back in the Dutch league, signing with PSV. When will they ever learn!!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 31, 2017 6:41 pm

And unlike Fword and Ajax PSV dont do youth.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 31, 2017 7:36 pm

all the hype by Sky over here on deadline day and apart from Oxlade Chamberlain the rest of the names moving in England today are all nondescript , apart from seeing Malen back in Holland.

Maybe some very last minute deals.Arsenal turned down 60m for Sanchez ,so have an unmotivated player in his last year of contract and wants out.Will go next summer for nothing ,blimey Arsenal must be very rich.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma sep 04, 2017 1:26 pm

I was hoping for some big deals on deadline day, but Ox to Liverpool just smacks of last minute panic because they were sure Coutinho was leaving.. :drecul.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Agree a lot of hot air and just the very average Oxlade-Chamberlain going. Big talk in England the transfer deadline should close before the season starts. Hope they agree ,last Thursday was mad .

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di sep 05, 2017 7:52 am

SPL schreef:Agree a lot of hot air and just the very average Oxlade-Chamberlain going. Big talk in England the transfer deadline should close before the season starts. Hope they agree ,last Thursday was mad .
I think in general it's a good idea.. but only if the rest of Europe follow suit.

It would (imo) serve the premier league clubs right, but, I can see a situation where players will leave English clubs after the 1st of august, with the club then having no opportunity to strengthen.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » vr okt 06, 2017 8:15 pm

wober starting against Serbia tonight and playing well so far. funny thing, I saw christian fuchs from leicester city at a shake shack across the street from where I live in nyc. I guess he is not playing internationals anymore :smallgrin.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za okt 07, 2017 11:46 am

kezme44 schreef:wober starting against Serbia tonight and playing well so far. funny thing, I saw christian fuchs from leicester city at a shake shack across the street from where I live in nyc. I guess he is not playing internationals anymore :smallgrin.gif:
Perhaps he is over here auditioning to be an NFL place kicker. I've read that is what he wants to do when he finishes up with 'real' football.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » zo okt 08, 2017 9:59 am

I'm running out of teams to root for in elite competitions. Ajax out of Europe, Oranje out of Russia 18 and the Finnish national team and club teams obviously out of everything :confused.gif:

Dutch football really seems to be loosing its way. Wonder who has the insight to put it back on track. Who's the next Cruyff?

Of course Oranje is not out definitely. As I understand it, they need to beat Sweden by 13 goals to finish second in the group. That would mean a goal every 7 minutes without conceding any goals. :headbang.gif:
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 08, 2017 11:15 am

Cruyff was a one off genius there is never going to be anyone like him again in Holland or anywhere.

Sad to see Holland struggling to beat Belarus,someone needs to put them back on track .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 08, 2017 1:04 pm

King Litti schreef: Of course Oranje is not out definitely. As I understand it, they need to beat Sweden by 13 goals to finish second in the group. That would mean a goal every 7 minutes without conceding any goals. :headbang.gif:
I made the same math mistake yesterday. Actually, they only have to win by seven goals. A goal by Dutch takes away a GD from Sweden. If they only win by six, the tiebreaker goes to Sweden with more goals scored.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » zo okt 08, 2017 2:22 pm

oh yeah, of course. Still, it would take a miracle, but you never know.

If Germany can score seven away against Brazil, maybe Oranje can score seven at home against Sweden.
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 08, 2017 6:34 pm

They would have more chance if Huntelaar was playing and not Janssen or Dost.

Of last nights side I would take for Ajax Blind as a LB ,simply because he is better than Sinkgraven and Dijks.The only other I would take is Robben,still better than any of our wingers. That sums up how bad they are.

How do rubbish players like Babel and Janmaat play at this level.I wouldn't swap Veltman for Janmaat .

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma okt 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Ronald Koeman has been sacked from his post at Everton, I think it's time he coached the national team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 23, 2017 8:08 pm

Most of the press seemed to indicate his time was up,agree he should now look to take over the national team.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma okt 23, 2017 10:04 pm

Lieke Martens, the best winger currently wearing the Oranje kit, won the FIFA Woman's Player of the Year award. It was well deserved. the Lady Oranje take on Norway tomorrow in Groningen in a WC qualifier. Hope there are some streams.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma nov 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Ajax have announced a partnership deal with Guangzhou R&F FC. The Chinese side are looking to develop their youth academy according to the Ajax philosophy, with the Amsterdammers receiving €10 million over the next 5 years in return.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di nov 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Daley Sinkgraven requires surgery on his left knee and is out for another 3 to 6 months.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di nov 28, 2017 7:46 pm

With Daley and Cerny out for most of the season and Dijks no longer a 1st teamer we have in effect 17 in our 1st team squad .Orejuela not yet played so in effect 16. (Zeefuik,Johnsen, Cassierra and Eiting all offficially Jong Ajax players)

We thus have a very young inexperienced and small squad and 1 or 2 could even leave in January.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo nov 29, 2017 8:41 pm

SPL schreef:With Daley and Cerny out for most of the season and Dijks no longer a 1st teamer we have in effect 17 in our 1st team squad .Orejuela not yet played so in effect 16. (Zeefuik,Johnsen, Cassierra and Eiting all offficially Jong Ajax players)

We thus have a very young inexperienced and small squad and 1 or 2 could even leave in January.
...... or to rephrase that for you;

"The club is being completely mismanaged."
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do nov 30, 2017 8:20 am

Luckily the transfer window in January is just around the corner

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do nov 30, 2017 1:42 pm

Ayman schreef:Luckily the transfer window in January is just around the corner
Yes, another opportunity not to spend any Euros! :biggrin.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo dec 03, 2017 3:26 pm

PSV vs Sparta Rotterdam, first half, PSV are crap, how the hell are they above Ajax in the league

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 03, 2017 5:44 pm

Ayman schreef:PSV vs Sparta Rotterdam, first half, PSV are crap, how the hell are they above Ajax in the league
They just win every match and again another 1-0 win. Championship race is over unless they get a lot of injuries.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo dec 03, 2017 7:01 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef:PSV vs Sparta Rotterdam, first half, PSV are crap, how the hell are they above Ajax in the league
They just win every match and again another 1-0 win. Championship race is over unless they get a lot of injuries.
Sooner or later they will go through a bad patch, 2 losses next two games, means they would be only 4 points ahead

Plaats reactie