General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: General Football Discussion

Bericht door Ayman » ma jun 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Ex-Twente and Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tioté dies RIP http://www.uefa.org/about-uefa/history/ ... 76288.html

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » di jun 06, 2017 12:49 am

All in all a very good season for Ajax. Missed out on a couple trophy's, but played some really good football at times!
Took a while to warm up to Bosz, weird he's leaving already. His loss.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jul 11, 2017 8:20 pm

Peter Bosz has lost his first game as Borussia Dortmund boss in a pre-season friendly against fourth division side Rot-Weis Essen. (3-2)

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 14, 2017 12:39 pm

The match days have not been assigned yet but Ajax have drawn Nice in the third qualifying round for the Champions League. IMO, this was the most difficult team for Ajax to draw but that's the way things happen. Mario Balloteli is their striker and I still remember the goal he got for Milan several years ago when van der Hoorn took him down in the box for a PK in the CL.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Yes the toughest draw of all. At this moment CL footy means nothing to me.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jul 27, 2017 7:42 pm

PSV are losing their final qualifying round at home to mightly Osijek from Croatia. Ridiculous!! Utrecht, meanwhile are being held to a draw at home by Lech from Poland.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 27, 2017 8:28 pm

PSV lost 1-0 at home .Utrecht drew. if both get Ko'd very bad for Dutch football. PSV of course will only be playing 1 game a week and this will be a hugh benefit for them in the league.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 27, 2017 9:42 pm

The PSV result is simply shocking.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » vr jul 28, 2017 9:16 am

PSV has lost some key players. Guardado, Moreno, Willems, S. De jong... and they haven't really bought anyone as a replacement yet.

Still, surprised that they lost at home. Did anyone see the game? Perhaps it was one of those games were an inferior team parks a bus and gets a lucky goal from a set piece.

edit: at least possession was to psv 67%-33% and total attempts on goal 18-8 to psv.
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 28, 2017 12:48 pm

I believe PSV game away a pen. They had most possession so maybe next week they will click and win. Nothing to do with the league but Holland needs PSV and indeed Utrecht to get through .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 28, 2017 1:26 pm

I think Vitesse are in the group stage already as the Dutch Cup winner.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 28, 2017 2:21 pm

Correct about Vitesse

PS I like your Appie comment on your signature page

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di aug 01, 2017 7:54 pm

We just missed out on a massive talent, Rick van Drongelen http://www.football-oranje.com/van-dron ... n-hamburg/

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Agree ,he is the type of lad who should have moved to one of the big 3 in Holland.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 03, 2017 10:04 pm

Dutch women advance to the Euro finals on Sunday after beating England 3-0. I think there are four lady-Ajax players on the roster. It was an enjoyable match to watch and the women have more than decent skills on the ball. It's interesting that a lot of them play for English teams.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 06, 2017 12:24 pm

Don't forget to watch the Euro Women's final that starts in several hours. Netherlands against Denmark and it should be a very good final. I've been impressed at how much the level of play has improved. Dutch have two great wingers in van de Sanden and Martens who can wreck havoc.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 06, 2017 11:08 pm

Wonderful win by the Dutch ladies today in Enschede, 4-2. Two goals from the striker Vivianne Miedema, and a goal apiece from the left winger Lieke Martins (better player than Younes!!! :drecul.gif: ) and a delightful free kick goal from Sherina Spitse. Two lady Ajax players were in action Desiree van Lunteren at RB and Stefanie van der Gragt the right center of the back four. The defense was a little dicey throughout the match but with good height they won almost all the aerial battles. Denmark were tired in the 2nd half having to go to PKs to beat Austria in the semi-finals on Thursday.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma aug 07, 2017 9:13 am

Miedema has an extraordinary record:
21 years old
118 club games (Herenveen, Bayern Munich) 99 goals
56 Holland games, 45 goals
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 07, 2017 12:03 pm

Arsenal signed Miedema from Bayern for the upcoming season. I watched all the Dutch ladies matches and she is a great hold up player who uses her body to shield the defender very well. She was usually double teamed every time she touched the ball. Qualifying for the Women's World Cup begins this fall.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 15, 2017 11:04 am

EPL want the transfer deadline to be before the season starts and majority of clubs seem for it .Doesn't mean anything will change in the rest of Europe but it should do.

Every year ,once our season starts ,we sell a big player and have no replacement and its shambolic. Transfer deadline should be 1st August ,having opened on 1st June,and thats for all European leagues.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 15, 2017 12:01 pm

If they really wanted to do something positive, the loaning of young players should be prohibited. This would force EPL teams such as Chelsea to either promote the youth to first team or sell them on. It would eliminate the stockpiling.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo aug 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Meanwhile, Utrecht have stunned the Russians, Zenit, they won 1-0 at home.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Good win by Utrecht

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr aug 18, 2017 2:31 pm

I notice that we have 4 players up for the Golden Boy award...

Dolberg, Kluivert, De Ligt and ofcourse Nouri...

I have to admit I have mixed feelings about the prospect of Nouri winning it. It would be a nice touch to see him win it, but also, I cant help but feel that if things were a little different he wouldn't be considered, and I really wouldn't like him to receive it and people to treat it as a 'token' award.

In reality, I don't think any of our 'boys' will win it.. but good luck! :ajaxscarf.gif:

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr aug 18, 2017 2:34 pm

SPL schreef:EPL want the transfer deadline to be before the season starts and majority of clubs seem for it .Doesn't mean anything will change in the rest of Europe but it should do.

Every year ,once our season starts ,we sell a big player and have no replacement and its shambolic. Transfer deadline should be 1st August ,having opened on 1st June,and thats for all European leagues.
I agree it should be for all leagues. I see that 17 of the 20 premier league teams have agreed to this in principle. The on major thing I see from this is that if premier league teams cant buy after 1st August but can sell, players will still 'spit the dummy' and leave, but the clubs will have no opportunity to replace their players and this therefore weakens both the team and the league.... having said that, maybe that's what the deserve for pinching our players as close to deadline day as they can for the past 10 years :drecul.gif:

Plaats reactie