New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 07, 2017 9:59 am

We have signed an 18 year old Brazilian striker from Santos called Danilo Pereira de Silva. He cost 2m euros and signs a 5 year contract.Will play initially for our U19 and Jong Ajax.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr jul 07, 2017 2:01 pm

2m is better than the 5m we gave for Cassierra. Even if he doesn't become a great player, we might end up getting our money back in the future
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 07, 2017 9:08 pm

We have agreed to buy a 17 year old Croatian goalie from Zagreb ,called Dominik Kotarski .We cannot play him or register him until his 18th birthday next February.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 12, 2017 11:14 am

We will have just 6 defenders left when Riedewald goes so a new LB and CD are needed. Sanchez is rumoured to be interesting Real Madrid so we may need 2 Cd .Another winger maybe 2 if Younes goes. and for good measure we start the season with 5 midfielders ,3 of whom Donny, Frenkie and Eiting are inexperience.

A lot of work for Overmars to do.At this moment all these problems mean nothing to Ajax fans we are just all concerned for Appie.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do jul 13, 2017 7:16 am

I read where they said that there was no damage to his heart -- even so, given that the problem exists, it may be the end of his career -- unless the medical people feel that with proper monitoring they can prevent a recurrence -- but to my way of thinking, if it happened once, it could easily happen again, and why take such a risk.

Back to the point about shortage of defenders and an inexperienced midfield, why is it, year after year, we seem to always go into the start of a season with an unsettled lineup and need the first couple of months to get things straightened out. For once, I would like to see us start with all the pieces in place and we hit the road running at full speed.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 13, 2017 11:51 am

rjf1 schreef: Back to the point about shortage of defenders and an inexperienced midfield, why is it, year after year, we seem to always go into the start of a season with an unsettled lineup and need the first couple of months to get things straightened out. For once, I would like to see us start with all the pieces in place and we hit the road running at full speed.
Assuming there are not any other transfers away, the starting 11 seems to be pretty well set. Onana, Viergever, de Ligt, Sanchez, Veltman, Schöne, van de Beek, Ziyech, Younes, Dolberg, Kluivert The issue right now is the back up roster and who will sub on for Schöne at the 60 minute mark.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » do jul 13, 2017 1:16 pm

Orange14 schreef:who will sub on for Schöne at the 60 minute mark.
As he knows the jong squad well, you would think Keizer would give de Jong a chance. Haven't seen Eiting enough to really evaluate his ability.
"We're on a mission from God."

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 13, 2017 6:06 pm

King Litti schreef:
Orange14 schreef:who will sub on for Schöne at the 60 minute mark.
As he knows the jong squad well, you would think Keizer would give de Jong a chance. Haven't seen Eiting enough to really evaluate his ability.
Eiting is a true DM, de Jong isn't. That being said, it might not matter because Keizer's brand of football isn't all that traditional.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Have to concentrate on footy .Keep looking at all those pictures and messages on Ajaxshowtime just gets me crying.

So we are looking for a left winger and offered 14m to Barca Munir El Haddadi but he isn't interested .Seems like we will let Cerny out on loan.Younes has interested Schalke 04 but given how he came back early from his holiday to be with the the team I dont see him suddenly off this summer.Mind Riedewald has put his move on hold for a day or 2 to be the team.

Nothing about defenders . Sanchez could still go and Viergever interests Bayer Leverkursen and we are not extending his contract.

Veltman now staying with Zeefuik as understudy,Sinkgraven's knee is still a problem and the only certain Cd we have is de Ligt. Leaving aside the hell that our club have suffered this week our defensive situation is a shambles 10 days before we play Nice.Dankerlui and Bergsma will have to be in the squad!

Just over a week ago we needed a LB and maybe left winger. So now we need 1 maybe 2 Cd and I dont want to think about it but we are a midfielder short.Talk of Sneijder but no thanks, Donny and Frenkie need to be played.

PS.Having typed all that I realise I just want to see one person playing for my club.I am kidding myself Footy doesn't matter at the moment.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma jul 17, 2017 10:13 pm

We have almost a defensive crisis in our hands and Feyenoord just signed Haps and St Juste

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 17, 2017 11:19 pm

souras84 schreef:We have almost a defensive crisis in our hands and Feyenoord just signed Haps and St Juste
Agree in a sense but neither of those two players would start for Ajax

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 20, 2017 10:51 am

We are hoping to sign Brazilian winger Richarlison for 12m but Milan want him.If we sign him we have 3 strikers and 5 wingers but just 4 fit defenders with 4 of last season's Jong as back up!!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 20, 2017 12:10 pm

SPL schreef:We are hoping to sign Brazilian winger Richarlison for 12m but Milan want him.If we sign him we have 3 strikers and 5 wingers but just 4 fit defenders with 4 of last season's Jong as back up!!
I think the plan is to win a lot of 5-3 matches with this type of line up!!! :drecul.gif:

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do jul 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Wait a minute there! Is the Brazilian capable of playing on the wing? Cause I think we were searching for a winger. However with 12+ million paid, he will be an expensive bench player.

As for the defenders. Let's hope we get 2 new ones until the next European game. After the 2 games with Nice
Laatst gewijzigd door souras84 op do jul 20, 2017 11:26 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 20, 2017 6:12 pm

As I posted last weekend, before we went to Austria we wanted a LB and another winger. 3 weeks later we are trying to sign another unknown Brazilian winger and no LB in sight. These 2 positions should have been filled 3 weeks ago before Austria.

All we should now be looking for is a backup CD to replace Riedewald, who only decided in Austria to leave and of course another back up MF.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jul 20, 2017 6:18 pm

SPL schreef:As I posted last weekend, before we went to Austria we wanted a LB and another winger. 3 weeks later we are trying to sign another unknown Brazilian winger and no LB in sight. These 2 positions should have been filled 3 weeks ago before Austria.

All we should now be looking for is a backup CD to replace Riedewald, who only decided in Austria to leave and of course another back up MF.

Replace Riedewald? Rick van Drongelen of Sparta Rotterdam comes to mind, he can also play at left back

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Seems a good talent.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 21, 2017 11:13 am

Richarlison for 12m nearly completed

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » vr jul 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Cool, it seems Ajax are going to sign a finnish kid called Saku Ylätupa. He is seventeen. Saw him play for my local club HJK. Seems very talented. He plays as a attacking midfield. Hope he makes it one day to the first team. Can't think of a better place for him to develop in to a good player. :ajaxscarf.gif:
"We're on a mission from God."

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 21, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks for your local info King Litti. The lad is 18 on 4th August so will sign a 3 year deal then.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 21, 2017 8:51 pm

26 registered players for the CL .They include Alblas,V Bladeren,Dankerlui,Bergsma,Savastano,Zeefuik,Eiting Mazraoui
de Jong, all with little or no 1st team experience.Cerny and Cassierra likely to be loaned out that leaves 15 players of experience ,16 if Richarlison comes.(de Ligt and Kluivert are hardly experienced)

LB CD and another MF vital.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 23, 2017 12:32 pm

Chelsea in for Richarlison, so thats the end of him. Go and get a couple of backup defenders now.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 24, 2017 1:05 pm

We have given up on another LB at the moment and Dijks is now back up and getting another chance.It seems the Dutch players, of which Haps was the best ,are not much better and unless we can get a really quality player I guess Keizer has decided to give Dijks another chance.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di jul 25, 2017 1:11 pm

There seems to be some serious consideration to bring LB Cameron Borthwick-Jackson over from ManU where he is out of favor. van Gaal gave him some matches as a 19 year old but he was poor on his loan out to Wolves last season. Mourinho doesn't want him. IIRC he has a lot of speed on the flank and he is only 20 years old. Only other teams that appear to be in contention are Championship sides Reading and Leeds. Let's see what Overmars can do.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » di jul 25, 2017 3:34 pm

He's not new to Ajax, but returning, again. Mitchell Dijks is back after being loaned out in England.
I've always been a big fan of his. Welcome back Mitchell, again!

Plaats reactie