Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 25, 2016 6:15 pm

Amol schreef: Also, I am slightly excited with having Bosz at Ajax. Lets see how the play and results follow. If the play improves a lot (and De Boer has set a very low bar), I will be ok with us ending 3rd or 4th this year.
I will give him a year to see if he can turn this ship around. A lot will depend on whether Overmars stays and how much input Bosz has regarding transfers. It's conceivable that a number of players could leave this summer.

I'm surprised that a couple of people have commented on it being 'OK' if Ajax finish 3rd or 4th. This is a defeatist attitude!!! I always demand higher of the teams I support (and am often disappointed, but that's the way things go). I expect qualification for CL group play and a league championship, nothing more, nothing less!!!! :headbang.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 25, 2016 7:03 pm

If we finished 3rd or 4th but played good football still think he would be sacked. 1 year of being 2nd behind PSV would get him a 2nd year.

Think there will be lots of transfers this summer,7 or 8 of the squad going and a good 5 or 6 coming in .

Sandro

Bericht door Sandro » wo mei 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Ofcourse, come on! How would it be theoretically possible to finish fourth and play good football?!? Psv and Ajax are much better than the rest.
"Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top".

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo mei 25, 2016 8:04 pm

So essentially we are saying - Bosz, welcome aboard. If Ajax doesn't finish first you're gone. But make sure you play free flowing attractive football with wingers else you'll still be sacked. You also have to qualify for the CL and at least get to the 2nd round. We will give you a budget of 10 million.

And btw we all remember that you have history with F-word, so it might be less than a year.

No pressure and good luck.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 25, 2016 9:35 pm

@Amol - SPOT ON!!!!! :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Great post Amol

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo mei 25, 2016 10:23 pm

Haha! Good call

zeux

Bericht door zeux » wo mei 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Amol schreef:So essentially we are saying - Bosz, welcome aboard. If Ajax doesn't finish first you're gone. But make sure you play free flowing attractive football with wingers else you'll still be sacked. You also have to qualify for the CL and at least get to the 2nd round. We will give you a budget of 10 million.

And btw we all remember that you have history with F-word, so it might be less than a year.

No pressure and good luck.
:ajaxsmiley.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr mei 27, 2016 1:56 pm

Two questions about Bosz :
why was he chosen ?
why did he accept ?
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Philippe schreef:Two questions about Bosz :
why was he chosen ?
why did he accept ?
I can only answer the second question: money and prestige.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do jun 02, 2016 1:24 pm

Ronald Koeman is in the advanced stages of talks with Everton, over a position as a coach http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/06/02/ ... ct/288640/

If that is the case, then where does Frank de Boer's future lie? So far, Lazio are rumoured to be courting him. If he ends up there, then Ricardo Kishna may be in for some bad news.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 02, 2016 7:26 pm

The new Jong Ajax coach is Marcel Keizer ,coach of Cambuur in the last few weeks of the season.He is evidently nephew of the great Piet Keizer and played in our youths system and had 4 senior games.He has signed a 2 year contract.

Hopefully he has been vetted by Bosz and will play attacking football the same.Also hope he plays the real talents and not the likes of Acolaste,Hendriks Clement and Dankerlui.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr jun 03, 2016 7:35 pm

Ayman schreef:Ronald Koeman is in the advanced stages of talks with Everton, over a position as a coach http://www.insidefutbol.com/2016/06/02/ ... ct/288640/

If that is the case, then where does Frank de Boer's future lie?
Perhaps in this case he will be the new manager at Southampton. With them being very satisfied with Koeman, hoping to extend his contract with at least 5 years the club and the fans will give credits to a guy like De Boer who is like Koeman a Dutchie and a former player and coach of Ajax Amsterdam.
Ayman schreef:So far, Lazio are rumoured to be courting him. If he ends up there, then Ricardo Kishna may be in for some bad news.
:smallgrin.gif:

It's not gonna happen. :smallgrin.gif:

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr jun 10, 2016 7:54 am

so... Koeman to Everton, and FdB has had an offer from Anderlecht.... whoops.. looks like someones job planning is as bad as their game planning. :biggrin.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jun 10, 2016 11:18 am

FDB on Southampton's list .He has said he is not interested in Lazio.

beelzebub

Bericht door beelzebub » ma jun 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Our new Bosz started today. :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Je kunt alles wat je wilt, als je maar oefent

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 29, 2016 11:27 am

Southampton and Milan appoint new coaches and FDB is still without a job.No other clubs mentioned so he is likely to
have a season off.Mind plenty of EPL clubs will sack managers before Christmas so he may end up at somewhere like WBA or Stoke!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jun 29, 2016 12:26 pm

Also Sevilla replaced Emery with another Spaniard. I'm not sure if the Valencia job is open or not after Neville was sacked. It might be the only job left that FdB would take. Maybe Aston Villa job is open and FdB could prove his mettle by bringing them back to the EPL!!!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Villa job taken already.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo jun 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Bergkamp/Ajax announced that he will not be sitting on the bench during matches anymore. I wonder if he's reading our comments here on Ajaxtalk.

Who will be his replacement on the bench? We need someone to provide that poker face look on the bench. Is Spijkerman going to rise up to the challenge?

zeux

Bericht door zeux » wo jun 29, 2016 8:30 pm

Amol schreef:Bergkamp/Ajax announced that he will not be sitting on the bench during matches anymore. I wonder if he's reading our comments here on Ajaxtalk.

Who will be his replacement on the bench? We need someone to provide that poker face look on the bench. Is Spijkerman going to rise up to the challenge?
Krüzen will get the job, I understood.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jun 29, 2016 8:34 pm

My understanding is the same as zeux. Bosz wants his own man next to him. Spijlkerman's ongoing role with Ajax is probably uncertain right now.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » wo jun 29, 2016 11:55 pm

Amol schreef:Bergkamp/Ajax announced that he will not be sitting on the bench during matches anymore. I wonder if he's reading our comments here on Ajaxtalk.
I'm sure they do. :smallgrin.gif:
And once in this English section of AT I have posted Marc Overmars his e-mail address which was by the way his real one. :smile-ajax.gif:
zeux schreef:
Orange14 schreef:Who will be his replacement on the bench? We need someone to provide that poker face look on the bench. Is Spijkerman going to rise up to the challenge?
Krüzen will get the job, I understood.
Orange14 schreef:My understanding is the same as zeux. Bosz wants his own man next to him.
That is correct.
Bergkamp will still be on the pitch during every training, by the way. At Ajax they concluded his best role is training some of the players individually and Dennis Bergkamp also said that this is what he prefers to do.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do jun 30, 2016 1:28 am

Today on the training Bergkamp looked really active. He showed his football skills are now in 2016 still a lot better than those from most of the Eredivisie (and Premier League :smallgrin.gif: ) players. If you want to I can post some pictures. :smile-ajax.gif:

And this Wednesday at the press conference at the national team in Poland Milik did got a question about his club Ajax and the role of one of the assistants and he was praising Dennis a lot. Continued with superlatives about the stuff they do together on the trainings pitch and said that now during the tournament he has contact over the mobile phone with Bergkamp every day. :biggthumpup.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jun 30, 2016 12:53 pm

It would be really good if Milik stays another year at Ajax and lights up the scoreboard with goals! I'm sure he will get some time off after Poland win the Euros :headbang.gif: and he might not be fully integrated into the team for the first CL qualifying round Ajax have at the end of July.

BTW, I haven't seen any mention of Zivkovic so far this summer. I wonder what Bosz thinks of him.

Plaats reactie