New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 08, 2015 12:30 pm

According to de Telegraaf, Ajax have made a one year contract offer to van der Vaart similar to the one that Babel received a couple of years ago. He still can score goals but what position does he play? I'm worried that he takes up a spot from one of our promising youngsters.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Maybe a shadow striker sort of role Siem de Jong played.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » vr mei 08, 2015 4:28 pm

You can't play only youngsters and be successful over a season. You need to mix in some some older hands to provide experience, steadiness, and on-field leadership.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 08, 2015 5:19 pm

rjf1 schreef:You can't play only youngsters and be successful over a season. You need to mix in some some older hands to provide experience, steadiness, and on-field leadership.
I agree but I suspect vdV would expect to start. Who would he replace as a starter?
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » vr mei 08, 2015 6:00 pm

I guess I was thinking of him being used in spot situations -- kind of like the way Poulson was used.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr mei 08, 2015 8:54 pm

You can have a midfield of Van der Vaart - Sinkgravand - Klaassen with Bazour, van der Beek and Andersen as back up.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma mei 11, 2015 4:35 am

SPL schreef:Gudelj is having a medical today and will sign for 6m euros. His 17 year old brother Dragi,a left back with NAC is also set to join and their father ex NAC coach will join as a scout.
Both Stam and Davids had moments of very good play when they returned to Ajax.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma mei 11, 2015 8:51 am

First things first, his attitude has to be perfect ... the old pro that's there to help the young 'uns develop ... no ego.

If that's the case, I think VdV provides a wealth of experience, and quality as an attacking midfielder, particularly when we play in Europe.

We can't do it just with youngsters, we need a blend, and the inexperienced players will learn from having him in the squad.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 11, 2015 1:09 pm

It looks like we won't know until the end of the month about Raffie, particularly if Hamburg finish 16 and need to play a relegation playoff. Club has two matches remaining, away to Stuttgart (currently bottom of the table) and home to Schalke. Both will be difficult matches. While they stand 14th they are only a point out of the drop zone with a less favorable GD than Hannover and Freiburg. Hamburg are the only club in the Bundesliga that have never dropped out of the first division.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za mei 16, 2015 11:20 am

Mitchell Dijks has had a fine season. He is linked with AZ and F'noord. Ajax should sign him, since Boilesen is set to leave, and Viergever is just a squad player, and Riedewald is very young, both seem uncomfortable at the left back position.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » za mei 16, 2015 4:16 pm

I too would love to get Dijks. Rumored that Celtic is looking at him also. I've been able to see him play several times this season and am impressed. Thought it was rash of Ajax to let him go. There would be no shame to admit a mistake and get him back.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Boilesen may well be staying as he is talking about a contract extension with Overmars.We do need another LB and Dijks has done well at Willem this season but Kuipers at aged 20 has played for Excelsior on loan , also done well and we do not want him back even though he is in Dutch U20 squad for Toulon tournament this month.

We were linked with Simon Poulsen LB of AZ but he has joined PSV

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 20, 2015 9:40 pm

You lads wanting Dijks back may well get your way .Fword were hoping to sign him but Ajax have now come in for him. If Boilesen stays we have him and Dijks for LB which is adequate. Just need to get an experienced CD to partner Veltman .Riedewald will make it as a CD but at 18 should not be rushed.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 20, 2015 10:30 pm

Reidewald is a versatile player. He is better suited to midfield, left side or anchor man. Mitchell Dijks will soar like an eagle at left back

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo mei 20, 2015 10:31 pm

Haven't seen a lot of him this season. I seem to remember him getting sent off a couple of times in a short time period... but anyway we could use some toughness for sure.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do mei 21, 2015 5:39 am

SPL schreef:You lads wanting Dijks back may well get your way .Fword were hoping to sign him but Ajax have now come in for him...
Not clear as to what this means -- are you saying that we have first dibs on his services?

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » do mei 21, 2015 3:28 pm

There is a 'resale' clause that was in his contract when he went to Willem II and that Ajax would receive part of the transfer fee if Willem II sells him. That makes Dijks move to any other club more expensive.

I watched Willem II play this last weekend and again Dijks was solid. The commentator was even impressed how he could stay with the other teams speedy winger. He's fast and can also play in the center of defense.

Looks as if Dijks is meeting with de Boer today. Would be great to get him back!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mei 21, 2015 3:53 pm

We sold him to early and should have kept him. I guess we will lose some €s in the repurchase. Such is football..

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 21, 2015 7:31 pm

I thought we sold him for nothing.His transfer fee is 1.25m so with a 50% resale clause we pay 600k.
Very strange way to do business, tell a lad in August we don't want you and 9 months later we have to pay for him to return.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mei 21, 2015 7:57 pm

Let's count it as a semi-expensive loan. :smile-ajax.gif:

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do mei 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Orange14 schreef:We sold him to early and should have kept him. I guess we will lose some €s in the repurchase. Such is football..
I thought so too myself. Dijks was always quick and is a much better defender than last year's version of Boilessen. I think they wanted to experiment with Viergever and Riedewald at LB last year. Both experiments failed according to me.

I would like to see Dijks back with us.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za mei 23, 2015 6:35 am

I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but another player that we let go that may have been a mistake was Lukoki. The way he was able to continually beat our defenders down the wing in the last game vs Zwolle was what got me thinking. His big drawback when playing for us, was once he had beaten the defender he was lost as to what to do next. But in the Zwolle game, he often turned his runs into dangerous attacking chances. You have to wonder if we didn't decide he wasn't good enough for us too soon.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za mei 23, 2015 11:49 am

I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but another player that we let go that may have been a mistake was Lukoki. The way he was able to continually beat our defenders down the wing in the last game vs Zwolle was what got me thinking. His big drawback when playing for us, was once he had beaten the defender he was lost as to what to do next. But in the Zwolle game, he often turned his runs into dangerous attacking chances. You have to wonder if we didn't decide he wasn't good enough for us too soon.
Never mind that! What about Moses Simon! The Nigerian winger at KAA Gent? That guy is doing well and I think Ajax better start to act soon before bigger teams start poaching him!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 25, 2015 1:40 am

Dijks has evidently agreed to sign for us.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma mei 25, 2015 3:56 pm

van der Vaart won't be returning to Ajax http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... 12071742/- we will have to look elsewhere, maybe Luc Castaignos from Twente?

Plaats reactie