New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

saddlerian

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door saddlerian » wo mar 12, 2014 12:22 pm

http://footylatest.com/dutch-giants-see ... -old/53785
:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

This is good news for Ajax...they have to start rebuilding again, especially the forward line...with Kishna and Fischer, this is possibly the most exciting forward line in Europe....just hope that the midfield can be sorted out!!!
34 will always be with us

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do mar 13, 2014 7:56 am

Thanks for the link. While positive, it was kind of bittersweet to read the report where at the end they say going to Ajax was a good move for the youngster, seeing that he could further develop at "one of the best grooming clubs in Europe."

Sad to say, we are no longer considered among the giants of football, but merely a grooming club for young talent. Inevitable, I suppose, seeing how we can't compete with clubs that spend millions upon millions to buy their way to glory. Still, we can be proud of our team for all they have accomplished given the limitations they work under.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma mar 17, 2014 5:15 pm

done deal. i like him a lot. it's encouraging to see that we are already signing new players and not waiting for the last week of the transfer season in september. and also nice to see that th e management realizes our front line is a cluster fu** and is ready to spend some money

http://www.fcupdate.nl/voetbalnieuws/25 ... -zivkovic/

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 17, 2014 9:46 pm

A good signing ,clearly a talented lad and the english clubs having been looking at him.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo apr 06, 2014 10:15 pm

Is there a Van der Vaart return on the cards?? Even after what he said all these years, about having us in his heart, but never intending on returning!!
May the Force be with you

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma apr 07, 2014 11:20 am

souras84 schreef:Is there a Van der Vaart return on the cards?? Even after what he said all these years, about having us in his heart, but never intending on returning!!
If HSV will be relegated this year, we''ll have a chance.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 07, 2014 1:05 pm

souras84 schreef:Is there a Van der Vaart return on the cards?? Even after what he said all these years, about having us in his heart, but never intending on returning!!
I really hope not. First, I don't think he would be satisfied to earn "only" €1m/year and second, he would take away a starting position from a promising youth player. The only position he can compete for is Klaassen's and I don't want to see that happening.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma apr 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Couldn't he play in the De Jong false/deep #9 position?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 07, 2014 1:57 pm

souras84 schreef:Couldn't he play in the De Jong false/deep #9 position?
....and not start Zivkovic? This is the real problem with van der Vaart; he's now too slow to play on the wing, he cannot be a deep lying play maker like Andrea Pirlo, and he's certainly not a holding midfielder. It's just difficult for me to fathom what value he adds to the club. Poulsen came in to fill a specific need when Anita left and he did quite well in that role. I just don't want the club to spend a lot of money on an aging player who adds little value to the club; I am hoping Hamburg do not get relegated so that there is no decision here.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma apr 07, 2014 2:50 pm

Right. I still would like to see Sneijder returning though. He is better than Rafael.

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » ma apr 07, 2014 3:25 pm

I think they are too far past their prime and not really guys with the mentality to make a Rijkaard like comeback.
These things usually result in disappointments.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma apr 07, 2014 10:56 pm

So what did Frank mean by saying we are looking for a winger and a striker for next year?? Is Zivkovic going to make a transitional year in 14/15??

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di apr 08, 2014 12:44 am

souras84 schreef:So what did Frank mean by saying we are looking for a winger and a striker for next year?? Is Zivkovic going to make a transitional year in 14/15??
He really wants to bring Leo Messi into the squad but it's probably not going to happen. :biggrin.gif: From what I've seen of Zivkovic he is the real deal and he's first choice striker for Groningen right now. IMO he is better than anyone on our team in terms of speed and skill on the ball, he also has a mean streak which is refreshing. Don't know what FdB's other plans are.

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » di apr 08, 2014 10:49 pm

Rafa can play deep laying midfielder, he did so a couple of times with Bert van Marwijk in the orange. I don't think he'd be much of a downgrade compared to for example, serero if he played in the midfield.
Godenzonen

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo apr 09, 2014 11:54 am

in all honesty, if he wanted to come back and it was for the right price.... i dont really think we are in a position to decline.. how many games have we lacked a goal or killer pass?

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo apr 09, 2014 12:24 pm

Ajax should sign Jan-Arie Van der Heijden to replace Moisander. In case Denswil doesn't do well.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo apr 09, 2014 1:21 pm

I want Marco Reus for Ajax! He's the real deal :blub.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo apr 09, 2014 7:23 pm

We need a striker who scores regularly . Huntelaar would be the one player I would sign .

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do apr 10, 2014 1:28 pm

Luc castaignos from twente as our striker

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » do apr 10, 2014 1:29 pm

:drecul.gif: @orange Reus and Messi up front and Puyol to harden our defence!!

I agree that Rafa shouldn't come back, but we do need wingers and an active midfielder who has a little guile.

I'm excited about Zivkovic and to see if Meleg can make the breakthrough. I would like Jordy Clasie but i doubt that would ever happen. Also if the Barcelona loan link is insisted upon, try get Jonathan Dos Santos and/or Tello and maybe Bojan back, I dont think hes as much of a flop as some others. As a #9 he did ok.
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 10, 2014 1:42 pm

Ayman schreef:Luc castaignos from twente as our striker
I don't think he's as good as Zivkovic and why complicate things by bringing him in?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Flipster81 schreef::drecul.gif: @orange Reus and Messi up front and Puyol to harden our defence!!
agree about Reus and Messi but Puyol is past it because of the accumulated knee injuries. Maybe he can still play in the US domestic league and make a lot of money for one season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 02, 2014 12:12 pm

We are being mentioned for B Leverkusen's 20 year old Polish striker Arkadiusz Milik. He has been on loan at Augsburg this season. The talk is of a year loan with an option to buy.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 04, 2014 7:43 pm

FDB says we are nearly sorted in signing 2 young talents,I think he means for the first team and not 16 year olds for the youth.I think Milik this Polish striker will be one and maybe a young winger.

Johnny Heitinga is now free with Fulham relegated but does not expect to return due to our policy of signing youths.I think he would like to return given a chance. He plays CD and DM so would be useful. I don't see him getting another EPL club so its either a German mid table or Turkish club if he wants to earn some more money for another couple of seasons especially as he is not 31 until later in the year.

Aged 31 and also rumoured to be interested is Raffie V d Vaart.He has struggled with Hamburg this season and has one year left of a contract of 3.5m euros per year! Again I can only see Turkey to earn money but he like Heits would still be a good signing if the rest of our squad is under 25 .We will need experience if Moisander joins Poulsen in leaving.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 05, 2014 12:42 pm

I don't think Heitinga wants to sit on the bench and he's a right footed player so would compete with Veltman (who's already better) and van der Hoorn (for whom the jury is still out). van der Vaart would be a decent shadow striker but that's the role Klaassen plays. I'm not sure that FdB wants to send the wrong message to Klaassen. In both cases they are making more than the Ajax €1M salary cap. If Hamburg end up not being relegated van der Vaart stays there.

Plaats reactie