New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Blind3
Contacteer:

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jul 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Very pleased about than Bojan Krkic signing . Young , talented , used to playing in a system known for triangle passing , has something to prove , and played all along a three man front line at Barca . Only negative is that , as I saw watching FCB on the television , he missed a hat full of chances (Should fit in well here) .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » za jul 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Blind3 schreef:Very pleased about than Bojan Krkic signing . Young , talented , used to playing in a system known for triangle passing , has something to prove , and played all along a three man front line at Barca . Only negative is that , as I saw watching FCB on the television , he missed a hat full of chances (Should fit in well here) .
If he'll be fit and can live to his potential, he'll be a beast in Eredivisie! Can't wait to see him in official game.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za jul 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Bojan is playing right now at RKC Waalwijk - Ajax.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » zo jul 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Stijn Schaars signs for PSV Eindhoven! Great! Another good midfielder Ajax let slip by.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jul 14, 2013 8:53 pm

Ayman schreef:Stijn Schaars signs for PSV Eindhoven! Great! Another good midfielder Ajax let slip by.
He's 29 years old and only a shadow of his former self. We don't need him.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma jul 15, 2013 7:02 am

How are P$V affording all of these players? Maher and Schaars. Aren't they stupidly in debt?
Are they going to be another Glasgow Rangers soon?
AJACIED

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 15, 2013 11:04 am

PSV have raised over 20 m so far on sales with Strootman about to go to Roma for 20m. FDB said on Saturday that there will be no more new players unless we end up selling Christian ,Siem or a goalie .

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma jul 15, 2013 11:19 am

SPL schreef:PSV have raised over 20 m so far on sales with Strootman about to go to Roma for 20m. FDB said on Saturday that there will be no more new players unless we end up selling Christian ,Siem or a goalie .

So, if Toby leaves, we're fu**ed. :rules.gif:

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma jul 15, 2013 11:28 am

No, in my opinion we are fucked if Siem and Eriksen leave last minute and we only replace that with Duarte or with a youth player. I would have liked Maher coming in as that guy would have played at least 2 or 3 seasons for Ajax. Eriksen his corner kicking and shots on targets didn't really improve the past years and the guy will leave us in 2014 for sure. And if he is an asswhole he will leave us somewhere around 31 August or 2 September together with Siem and then we are fucked.

If Toby leaves we already have Mike van der Hoorn in the squad, I want Alderweireld to stay, play a good World Cup with Belgium and enter the Premier League then. Yesterday Toby said he is also open to renew his contract if he does not make a nice transfer this summer. What are we doing with Van Rhijn this season? Maybe Alderweireld can play on his position (he plays there in the national team of Belgium too) and then Moisander and Van der Hoorn will be central backs.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » ma jul 15, 2013 11:57 am

Toby can go now without any big dramas. Siem could leave yesterday and it still wouldn't hurt us alot. He's good but not that good. Plus I don't believe any team knows what he really is (positionwise) and that's why there aren't any offers. As for Eriksen... he knows he needs to stay one more season and play better actually, for him to deserve a dream transfer.
May the Force be with you

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 15, 2013 1:21 pm

SPL schreef:PSV have raised over 20 m so far on sales with Strootman about to go to Roma for 20m. FDB said on Saturday that there will be no more new players unless we end up selling Christian ,Siem or a goalie .
PSV can also bring in some more money if they sell Toivonen which I think they want to do since he has already told them he won't renew for another year. PSV are playing the same kind of hardball that Ajax do and said that he will play reserve football unless he renews. I would be surprised if Strootman goes to Roma for €20m; I don't think the club has that much money floating around though maybe by selling DeRossi they will.

We'll see who leaves this summer and I think the only real possibilities are Eriksen and Alderwiereld. I don't know why de Jong would want to leave for a second rate Bundesliga side.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di jul 16, 2013 12:12 am

I agree mostly with what's been said about our talent stock:

Christian > Siem > Toby

If we lose Christian in the last 24hrs of the transfer window, we'd be quite eff-ed

We do not have a replacement in place.

Re P$V, Sure they've sold a number of people but Maher didn't come cheap and based on this article, they have a number of IOU debts.

It just baffles me where they're finding their money... .
AJACIED

BTV802

Bericht door BTV802 » di jul 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Just for discussion's sake...I think Serero deserves a chance to replace Eriksen...However I know not everybody has the same confidence that I have.

Not ideal but Schone can play Eriksen's position with Poulsen sitting deep.

Otherwise I could imagine a scenario where Fischer might be able drop back into Eriksen's position. Derk could play on the left which is his most natural position anyways. Bojan on the right.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jul 17, 2013 8:49 am

Just for discussion's sake...I think Serero deserves a chance to replace Eriksen...However I know not everybody has the same confidence that I have.

Not ideal but Schone can play Eriksen's position with Poulsen sitting deep.

Serero??? Are you kidding me? The guy is erratic, he plays well at some stage, then awful the next. I admire Klassen though, this man should definitely be given a chance. As for Poulsen, he was a temporary player wasnt he? If Johnny Heitinga returns and plays in midfield that would complete the Ajax transfer. Johnny can resurrect his career just intime for the world cup season. He can sit in midfield infront of the defence and behind the likes of Siem de Jong and Eriksen.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » wo jul 17, 2013 10:59 am

Forget Heitinga - we don't need past their time players looking to resurrect their careers. Besides, we'd have to spend too much money on knives and cudgels to kit him out.

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » wo jul 17, 2013 11:29 am

Yes, hard to see that we would get Heitinga. Is he considerably better in a defensive midfield role than Poulsen? I see him more a as a center back and we already have Toby and the new guy Van der hoorn. He still has a year left with Everton so we would have to pay. It would be nice to welcome an old homegrown ajax product back home, but don't think we need him that badly.

De Boer hinted that there is lot's of players inside the team that can replace Eriksen: Klaassen, Serero, Shöne, Fischer and Bazoer even. I like his optimism, but are these guys really ready for such an important role? Then again Eriksen himself pretty much just jumped in all of the sudden.

I think Fischer has the mentality of a striker or a winger. He goes for goal with a straightforward attitude. Can't picture him in the #10 role.
"We're on a mission from God."

BTV802

Bericht door BTV802 » wo jul 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Ayman schreef:Serero??? Are you kidding me? The guy is erratic, he plays well at some stage, then awful the next. I admire Klassen though, this man should definitely be given a chance. As for Poulsen, he was a temporary player wasnt he? If Johnny Heitinga returns and plays in midfield that would complete the Ajax transfer. Johnny can resurrect his career just intime for the world cup season. He can sit in midfield infront of the defence and behind the likes of Siem de Jong and Eriksen.
In a situation where Eriksen was sold and we didn't have time to bring in a replacement...Yeah I'd give Serero a chance to play in Eriksen's position before Klaassen. I agree he's inconsistent but to be fair he's only had 16 opportunities to get in the game in his entire career so far. When he does get off the bench he is coming in the 70th minute or later and trying to make a quick impact. I don't blame him for not being able to find a rhythm to his game. Eriksen is the best we've got and even he isn't 100% on point all the time. It's obviously a competition but for me I'd rather see Serero in that midfield with De Jong before Klaassen. Klaassen seems very similar to De Jong and I feel like that would make for a very slow midfield. Serero seems like he brings a bit more creative spark and is less predictable than Klaassen.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » wo jul 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Ayman schreef:If Johnny Heitinga returns and plays in midfield that would complete the Ajax transfer. Johnny can resurrect his career just intime for the world cup season. He can sit in midfield infront of the defence and behind the likes of Siem de Jong and Eriksen.
This post puzzles me. Johnny was a defender last time i saw him. Why would we ask him to play (defensive) mid field? Nostalgic reasons or do you figure him better than what we have now?

BTV802

Bericht door BTV802 » wo jul 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Dubbel schreef:This post puzzles me. Johnny was a defender last time i saw him. Why would we ask him to play (defensive) mid field? Nostalgic reasons or do you figure him better than what we have now?
Heitinga does have some experience in midfield but I'd rather have Anita back :)

Anouar Kali was a cheap young option we were rumored to be interested in back in January but he's already made a free transfer to Roda.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Dubbel schreef:
Ayman schreef:If Johnny Heitinga returns and plays in midfield that would complete the Ajax transfer. Johnny can resurrect his career just intime for the world cup season. He can sit in midfield infront of the defence and behind the likes of Siem de Jong and Eriksen.
This post puzzles me. Johnny was a defender last time i saw him. Why would we ask him to play (defensive) mid field? Nostalgic reasons or do you figure him better than what we have now?
He's played both positions at Everton but after being named their player of the year, his quality almost totally disappeared. Moyes lost faith in him last season and he was only playing when someone else was hurt or suspended. We don't need him at Ajax.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr jul 19, 2013 12:02 am

Ajax should sign Jan-Arie Van der Heijden from Vitese Arnhem, he is a decent holding midfielder.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jul 19, 2013 2:32 am

Ayman schreef:Ajax should re-sign Jan-Arie Van der Heijden from Vitese Arnhem, he is a decent holding midfielder.
Fixed that for you.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr jul 19, 2013 8:18 am

im not really too sure on the Heitinga comments, I personally would say that he would be excellent for us. He did well in the premier league (until falling a bit out of favour) and lets face it, the premier league is a big step up from Eredivisie. I still think he has what it takes to be decent in our league. I definately think he would bring us some solidarity at the back or even DM. I say if his wages were right then why not?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr jul 19, 2013 11:09 am

afcajax73 schreef:I still think he has what it takes to be decent in our league. I definately think he would bring us some solidarity at the back or even DM. I say if his wages were right then why not?
I'm not sure. Heitinga seems over the hill the past two seasons and confirmed that with his terrible performance at Euro 2012. It looks like he is more interested in flying to Ibiza with a private jet than in living and behaving like a real sportsman.
afcajax73 schreef:im not really too sure on the Heitinga comments, I personally would say that he would be excellent for us. He did well in the premier league (until falling a bit out of favour) and lets face it, the premier league is a big step up from Eredivisie.

I don't agree. The Ajax squad is way better and plays with more technical accuracy and in a higher tempo than Everton does. If we would meet Everton in the Amsterdam Arena for a serious match we would kick their asses even harder than we did with Manchester City...

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr jul 19, 2013 11:18 am

Im not convinced, i think he would do us a good job.. but i have been wrong before.

Plaats reactie