Other Eredivisie Teams

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

acab

Re: Other Eredivisie Teams

Bericht door acab » wo mei 01, 2013 8:37 pm

SPL schreef:In the Jupiler league with 1 game to play Volendam are 2 points clear of Cambuur but have a better goal difference of + 5.

Thus Volendam will only need a draw in Deventer next week although Go ahead Eagles are 6th. Cambuur should win against
next to bottom Excelsior in Rotterdam.

Imagine Volendam being back up will be popular with Ajax fans.
Why? :confused.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 04, 2013 7:38 pm

acab Just meant it was nice easy local trip for the Ajax fans.I am sure Ko once said he enjoyed going there for a game sitting having a drink by the harbour .

However last night Volendam lost and Cambuur won and Cambuur are promoted.The relegation and promotion playoffs will last through May.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » za mei 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Anybody know anything about Jordie Clasie going to Fiorentina? My son (a HUGE Viola fan) says that's been the buzz on the Fiorentina boards for a while.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mei 04, 2013 10:27 pm

mako schreef:Anybody know anything about Jordie Clasie going to Fiorentina? My son (a HUGE Viola fan) says that's been the buzz on the Fiorentina boards for a while.
Would be nice for Ajax since Feyenoord will be lost without him. :smile-ajax.gif: I also like Fiorentina and they are playing interesting football these days. Too bad that except for about four clubs the Serie A is a joke these days.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » zo mei 05, 2013 12:19 am

Orange14 schreef:Would be nice for Ajax since Feyenoord will be lost without him. :smile-ajax.gif:
Exactly!
Orange14 schreef:I also like Fiorentina and they are playing interesting football these days. Too bad that except for about four clubs the Serie A is a joke these days.
We visited Florence 11 years ago, when Tito was only 13, and while we weren't there during football season, he bonded deeply and ferociously with the Viola. They're probably my number-two club.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do mei 09, 2013 9:17 pm

and psv lose the cup final as well, loving it. we might see a flash sale there during the summer. lens has already said he wants to leave and i can't see toivonen extending his contract. strootman will get snapped up by an english team as well. i don't think they'll qualify for the CL, so will be forced to sell. good times ahead for our peasant friends :biggthumpup.gif:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mei 10, 2013 6:52 am

What a brilliant picture...

Sums up the whole season.

K.
Still alive...

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » vr mei 10, 2013 5:59 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:What a brilliant picture...

Sums up the whole season.

K.
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :drecul.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Seems like PSV are copying us. They have appointed Cocu with Ooijer V Nistelrooy and V Bommel all starting their coaching badges and will be giving youngsters more of a chance next season.And they have said that players whose contracts run out next season will have to extend if they do not leave this summer or they will be in the promises.

Cruyff and Ajax lead the rest follows .

Finally the playoffs for promotion relegation . Last night's 1st leg results with 2nd legs on Sunday

Go Ahead Eagles beat VVV 1-0 with the goal scored by Ajax loanee Xandro Schenk

MVV 0 Volendam 1 (Winners of these 2 matches play for 1 spot.)

Helmond 2 Sparta 4

de Graafschap 1 Roda 1 (winners of these 2 play for the other spot)

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za mei 18, 2013 6:45 am

SPL schreef:Seems like PSV are copying us. They have appointed Cocu with Ooijer V Nistelrooy and V Bommel all starting their coaching badges and will be giving youngsters more of a chance next season.And they have said that players whose contracts run out next season will have to extend if they do not leave this summer or they will be in the promises.

Cruyff and Ajax lead the rest follows .

Finally the playoffs for promotion relegation . Last night's 1st leg results with 2nd legs on Sunday

Go Ahead Eagles beat VVV 1-0 with the goal scored by Ajax loanee Xandro Schenk

MVV 0 Volendam 1 (Winners of these 2 matches play for 1 spot.)

Helmond 2 Sparta 4

de Graafschap 1 Roda 1 (winners of these 2 play for the other spot)
It would be nice to see Go Ahead Eagles back in the top flight.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Having won the first game at home (1-0), Go Ahead Eagles are also 0-1 up in Venlo with 15 minutes left to play. Relegation almost unavoidable for VVV-Venlo; Eagles on their way to the third and final play-off round (for which FC Volendam already qualified by beating MVV Maastricht).

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 19, 2013 3:38 pm

Go ahead won 3-0 ,I watched the last 10 mins and saw 2 goals. They now play Volendam (beat MVV 3-1, 4-1 overall) for a place in the eredivisie .

The other playoff place will feature Sparta Rotterdam (1-1 today v Helmond but they won 5-3 overall) and the winners of Roda v de Graafschap,1-1 in the first leg.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 19, 2013 3:53 pm

De Graafschap just took a shock 0-1 lead in Kerkrade and now lead 2-1 on aggregate.

Wow. Will Roda go down today...? That would be quite something. It would also mean that the once succesful province of Limburg (Roda, MVV, VVV-Venlo and Fortuna Sittard) doesn't have a single Eredivisie side left...

So we'll get either Volendam or Eagles. Both are great, but I'm hoping for the Eagles... Cambuur, Eagles and De Graafschap; that's three great sets of fans for the Eredivisie.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 19, 2013 4:18 pm

Ah, right. Half time and Roda are 3-1 up.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 19, 2013 8:26 pm

Roda ran away 6-1 in the end ,7-2 overall .They will be favourites to beat Sparta

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo mei 19, 2013 9:32 pm

SPL schreef:Roda ran away 6-1 in the end ,7-2 overall .They will be favourites to beat Sparta
Sparta and Eagles... Now that would be great. But if Roda stay up, that would be fine with me, too. Roda away is our only remaining excuse to go to Maastricht for a Saturday night on the piss, the night before Roda vs Ajax.

:ajaxsmiley.gif:

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Looks like Ko is still going to get that night in Maastricht

Last nights 1st leg play offs Sparta 0 Roda 0

And Ko will be heading for Deventer as Go Ahead Eagles beat Volendam 3-0 . 2nd legs Sunday . In the play off for the other Europa spot Twente lost 2-0 at home to Utrecht again 2nd leg on Sunday .

Last weekend my cricket team Sussex were playing the Netherlands in Schiedam and some of my mates went over . Alas it rained for the game but some of them stayed in Rotterdam ,don't ask me why anyone would want to stay in cockroach city!
To cut to the chase last Sunday they decided to go and watch Sparta v Helmond and enjoyed the game and found the fans very friendly . I did point out that Ajax fans have no problem with Sparta

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Roda still in the Eredivisie witha late 2-1 win over Sparta yesterday ,2-1 overall. Go Ahead Eagles are promoted ,they lost 1-0 v Volendam yesterday but 3-1 overall.

So with Cambuur and Go ahead promoted thats 2 new teams in the top flight next season.

And Utrecht beat Twente to the final Europa Cup spot

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Just to welcome a brand new name to pro football leagues in Achilles 29 from Groesbeek , a few kilometres south east of Nijmegen. I am sure Ko will be able to tell us more about this brand new team to the pro league world.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo jun 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Wow another team with a name from Greek mythology! Nice one too. Achilles and Ajax were fighting together against the Trojans
May the Force be with you

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma jul 01, 2013 2:21 am

So apparently the light bulbs have signed Maher?
I hope we don't lose Eriksen then.
AJACIED

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma jul 01, 2013 11:05 am

How do they manage to pick off our targets over and over again. And, frankly speaking, I was hoping he would come because I haven't been thrilled with Eriksen's play this year.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma jul 01, 2013 11:23 am

rjf1 schreef:How do they manage to pick off our targets over and over again.
They always managed to... Times didn't really change since they bought Vanenburg, Kieft, Koeman, Lerby, Arnesen and Feyenoords big star Ruud Gullit. Frits Philips, former owner of the big multinational which was the founder of the football club always put a lot of money in it. But the times have been changed, they will not get to European top anymore with only buying and buying and buying...

Like aveslacker already said: it's a good time to be us! Forza Ajax!
rjf1 schreef:And, frankly speaking, I was hoping he would come because I haven't been thrilled with Eriksen's play this year.
I feel the same. I had very good expectations for Maher doing well in an Ajax shirt. I expected Adam to do even better than Eriksen which is not that hard, as Eriksen didn't get an awful lot better since he appeared in Ajax 1 for the first time in January 2010.

I would have liked Maher to join Ajax until at least 2015 or 2016. That would be a step forward. But too bad Adam... we'll see you again in Diemen and Amsterdam some days. Have a good journey and not so much luck at PSV Eindhoven!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Vitesse doing well out of Chelsea again with French forward Gael Kakuta and Dutch LB V Aanholt both returning for another year's loan. Chelsea also letting them have Nathan Ake on loan ,he is an 18 year defender / defensive midfielder who has played for Chelsea first team and was taken from Fword at 16. Chelsea wont be paying much of that 9m transfer of V Ginkel as they will just knock the money they owe off with the loanees.

On the subject of Dutch kids who went to England aged 16 Bruma after years out on loan from Chelsea is joining PSV for about 3m although I believe he has some sort of heart problem thats needs sorting . Plus Rekik 18 and another exFworder is being loaned out by Man City to PSV, he too is a defender.

Only Tim Krul ex ADO at Newcastle has ever gone to England as a teenager and made the grade . Gylanno V Velzen ,now 19, who left us at 16 for Man U is back home on trial with Utrecht having been released by Man U.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo jul 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Anyone keeping track of the exodus from our competitors? Off the top of my head: Bony, Altidore, Fer, van Ginkel have all gone abroad. Strootman on his way to AS Roma. Good players leaving the eredivisie is never welcome news, if you ask me.

Plaats reactie