Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Former Ajax Players

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Cvitanich clearly can score goals he just did not fit in here and was not given that much of a chance . On the subject of old goalscorers The Hunter has signed to 2015 with Schalke so he wont be coming to England. I think he has made the right decision as he scores regularly in the German league and it means he can continue to live back in Holland near to his parents a few miles east of Arnhem .His Dad drives him down the motorway to Gelsenkirchen everyday. Cannot be many big named stars who get their Dad to drive them to training everyday.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr jan 04, 2013 6:46 am

Just saw our old skipper Luis Vs Sunderland. Unplayable when he's on form.
What a waste he ended up on Merseyside. He really should be at a club that actually competes for titles.
AJACIED

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jan 04, 2013 2:00 pm

^Liverpool are one of my favorite teams in the EPL along with Spurs and I think if Brendan Rogers is given time to shape this team they will be quite good. They are one of the few teams in the league along with Swansea that play interesting football. Unfortunately the suffer from Ajax disease, faulty defense and an inability to finish in the offensive end of the pitch. Suarez will do alright here.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » vr jan 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Orange14 schreef:^Liverpool are one of my favorite teams in the EPL along with Spurs and I think if Brendan Rogers is given time to shape this team they will be quite good. They are one of the few teams in the league along with Swansea that play interesting football. Unfortunately the suffer from Ajax disease, faulty defense and an inability to finish in the offensive end of the pitch. Suarez will do alright here.
Agree on all points.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jan 08, 2013 9:05 pm

There's an interview (and plug for a Radio 5 Live programme) with Andy van der Meyde on the BBC websote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20946368

Definately worth a listen I think, should be on the BBC i-player for repeat listening as well but not sure whether that will work outside the UK.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » wo jan 09, 2013 11:57 pm

Report on ESPN that Inter have accepted Galatasaray's offer for Wesley Sneijder, though he still needs to agree. No disrespect to Galatasaray, but after all the talk about Man U, Man City, PSG, etc., this would be kind of a let-down, wouldn't it? :confused.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

zeux

Bericht door zeux » do jan 10, 2013 1:29 am

mako schreef:Report on ESPN that Inter have accepted Galatasaray's offer for Wesley Sneijder, though he still needs to agree. No disrespect to Galatasaray, but after all the talk about Man U, Man City, PSG, etc., this would be kind of a let-down, wouldn't it? :confused.gif:
Istanbul wordt steeds meer een mondaine stad, al zal het voor Yo geen Milaan of Londen zijn...
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Johnny Heitinga today still saying he wants to finish his career at Ajax and rumours speculating he could leave Everton for us sooner rather than later.

Meanwhile Jan Vertonghen was praising our youth academy in the London Standard . A lovely quote the youth can see the Arena across the street from the youth complex and thus they know why they are training ie. to get to the other side of that street.

These 2 guys love Ajax and at some stage will surely return to their true football home.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » wo jan 23, 2013 10:27 pm

I see Stekelenberg is out of favour in Rome.
and
De Gea is out of favour at MU
and
Valdes wants to leave Barca
and
Reina is looking to jump off the sinking merseyside ship

Some goalkeeping merry go round about to happen? :confused.gif:

I'd add Cassilas into the mix but I doubt very much the senior Madrid heirachy would allow him to go no matter what hissy fit Jose throws. Jose would be out the door first before the Madrid mob allow their own son to go... .
AJACIED

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 30, 2013 2:26 pm

Urby Emanuelson is apparently heading off to Fulham on loan for the rest of the season. No indication about whether there is a purchase clause or not.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 30, 2013 6:25 pm

The former Ajax players are all gradually leaving Italy. With Urby joining Sneijder and Steks also on his way thats just Nigel de Jong and Ouasim Bouy left .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 30, 2013 6:59 pm

SPL schreef:thats just Nigel de Jong and Ouasim Bouy left .
Buoy has yet to play any first team football for Juventus and it's going to be very difficult for him as the players above him are still relatively young (Vidal & Marchisio) and established internationals.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 30, 2013 7:36 pm

I think he is on loan at Brescia in Italian 2nd division.Next stop midtable Turkish club .

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jan 31, 2013 6:29 am

How old was Buoy when he left? I wonder if he regrets that decision.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 31, 2013 12:53 pm

Bouy left last January aged 18 ie just short of his 19th birthday and in his last year with the A1 youths.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » do jan 31, 2013 1:26 pm

aveslacker schreef:How old was Buoy when he left? I wonder if he regrets that decision.
Wouldn't be the first. You keep wondering when the impact of this kind of failures finally has an effect on young players eager to leave. I think the failures outnumber the success stories by a big margin.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jan 31, 2013 6:38 pm

Just saw on Sky that Mido and Barnsley agreed to cancel his contract by mutual consent . His descent into football purgatory continues .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jan 31, 2013 10:46 pm

Thought Eyong Enoh was headed to Fulham, but that move seems dead.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mar 10, 2013 10:04 pm

I had to head off to yoga and missed that one former captain outscored another today but the team score was reversed. Suarez (1) - Vertonghen (2) but Liverpool wins it late when Luis-Luis is taken down in the box and Gerrard converted the penalty. Only saw highlights but it sounded like a cracking good match!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but Darío Cvitanich has scored 12 in 18 starts for Nice in the French League 1. I believe he cost them half a million in transfer fees.

Who would have thought it....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do mar 14, 2013 1:27 am

i never understood why we never gave him a chance. he scored quite a few goals in the few games he played for us

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do mar 14, 2013 11:46 am

Cvitanich was good with headers, although he's not that tall. But anyhow it seems he is not scoring that much any more for Nice now, because after eleven games he already had 10 goals and at that time he was number one on the topscorers list together with Ibrahimovic.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Looks like our former captain was getting a little bloodthirsty yesterday in the match against Chelsea. Liverpool have fined him but it's not clear about whether the FA will suspend him and for how long!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 22, 2013 8:09 pm

Having got a 7 match ban for his biting of Bakkal I would imagine he will get 12 to 15 games. Liverpool must now sell him and probably to Italy where cheating diving and racism appears acceptable in football.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » ma apr 22, 2013 9:40 pm

Seems to be acceptable in the English Premier League as well, as long as you're British! Not that I mean to defend Suárez...

Plaats reactie