Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

rjf1

Re: Former Ajax Players

Bericht door rjf1 » zo sep 30, 2012 6:32 am

paladinby schreef:Ozbiliz scored also.
I can't understand why we let him go -- imo we are really missing him now.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo sep 30, 2012 6:38 am

Orange14 schreef:Both our former captains have massive games in England today. Suarez with a hat trick and Vertonghen a goal and resolute defending as Spurs beat ManU at Old Trafford in the first time in a lot of years! Vertonghen was at left fullback and had a great slalom run through the ManU defense for the opening goal.
Suarez could have had at least two more -- plus he was also fouled in the box that the ref refused to call -- a problem of having a bad reputation preceding him, perhaps.
Vertonghen also made some critical clearances on defence, but his lack of experience as a left back showed, at times, where Nani (who I think is way overrated) was able to put crosses past him too easily on too many occasions. I'd rather see him back at central defense where he is more naturally capable. Still, a great game for him, overall.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo sep 30, 2012 1:37 pm

enjoyed Vertoghen's goal ,ok I do not like Man U,but that was the Vertoghen we all know .Hope he scores a few more but one day return to us.

On former players scoring KJH does not need to ever be mentioned because this weekend like just about every game he scored his usual goal.The man is simply a goal machine.
Although they are now sadly former players Jan and KJH are still my 2 favourite players in football. Haven't got a current favourite Ajax player at present!!!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo sep 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Vertonghen's goal remind me of his goal against ADO last year. Toby is becoming an interesting classic Ajac figure...
May the Force be with you

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo sep 30, 2012 4:29 pm

I loved Suarez second goal. Breathtaking !
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma okt 01, 2012 10:07 am

anyone see about evander sno? apparently had (another?) heart attack on the pitch, but was able to walk off after using an internal defibrilator.

best of luck to the guy.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » vr okt 12, 2012 2:58 am

Edgar Davids just signed as a player/coach for England League Two club Barnet:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... et&cc=4716

Seems kind of sad to me.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr okt 12, 2012 7:33 am

rjf1 schreef:Edgar Davids just signed as a player/coach for England League Two club Barnet:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... et&cc=4716

Seems kind of sad to me.
Yeah, heard ths on the radio last night. They've just signed (former NL international) Collins John as a player too. Barnet have only survived relegation out of the league on the last day of the season for each of the last three seasons and they're bottom now as well.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 12, 2012 10:59 am

I saw the coach bit come up on skysports but not the playing bit. Very sad to see him at the very bottom but I give him 3 months max there

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » vr okt 12, 2012 11:14 am

It's a London club, but that's really about all. I really hope he's at least not going to play there.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr okt 12, 2012 11:41 am

Jinne schreef:It's a London club, but that's really about all. I really hope he's at least not going to play there.
If he plays, hoepfully he won't forget his shin pads this time .....
I give him 2 months.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo okt 21, 2012 12:20 am

Well Barnet got their first win of the season last night, 4-0 no less. Davids played, was captain (and got booked....).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19920346
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » zo okt 21, 2012 3:13 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:Well Barnet got their first win of the season last night, 4-0 no less. Davids played, was captain (and got booked....).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19920346
and voted man of The match

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Anita again not in the starting 11 for Newcastle today.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo okt 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Barring a series of injuries, I don't see him getting much playing time at all -- what a waste of a career.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 21, 2012 2:39 pm

He didn't even come on when Tiote was given a straight Red for a really bad tackle. :confused.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo okt 24, 2012 7:51 am

rjf1 schreef:Barring a series of injuries, I don't see him getting much playing time at all -- what a waste of a career.
It's what he wanted! :biggrin.gif:

What a waste.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

zeux

Bericht door zeux » wo okt 24, 2012 8:22 am

aveslacker schreef:
rjf1 schreef:Barring a series of injuries, I don't see him getting much playing time at all -- what a waste of a career.

What a waste.
You can only hope that young players at Ajax finally get it with these examples: choosing for the extra money isn't choosing for your football career. In the long run it's penny wise, pound foolish. After his contract runs out, he runs the risk of being nowhere. Could have to start shopping himself around, without guarantees. Had he stayed at Ajax, he would have made less money, but would have played, would have developed himself and might be in a better spot in a couple of years time.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo okt 24, 2012 10:09 am

Zeux schreef:
aveslacker schreef:

What a waste.
You can only hope that young players at Ajax finally get it with these examples: choosing for the extra money isn't choosing for your football career. In the long run it's penny wise, pound foolish. After his contract runs out, he runs the risk of being nowhere. Could have to start shopping himself around, without guarantees. Had he stayed at Ajax, he would have made less money, but would have played, would have developed himself and might be in a better spot in a couple of years time.
Frankly, I see this stuff continuing to happen. For every Eriksen it seems like there's at least one Anita or Maduro or whomever.

I don't really put Babel in this category because Liverpool just basically made Ajax an offer he couldn't refuse, whereas Anita really pushed to go.

Shame. This team would have been so much better without him, to say nothing of how much better off he would have been.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo okt 24, 2012 10:50 am

I don't think you can really blame the players when there's so much cash involved. Remember they're only kids. I'm sure his agent told him that the time was right for him to move after he'd had such a good season. Any idea how much he earns at Newcastle? He will probably make enough sitting on the bench there for three years that his future career doesn't even matter...

zeux

Bericht door zeux » wo okt 24, 2012 11:25 am

Tom_ schreef:I don't think you can really blame the players when there's so much cash involved. Remember they're only kids. I'm sure his agent told him that the time was right for him to move after he'd had such a good season. Any idea how much he earns at Newcastle? He will probably make enough sitting on the bench there for three years that his future career doesn't even matter...
Yes. In three years time he is 26 years old. 'Rich', but 'dead' as a footballer. I am not sure how happy he will be.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo okt 24, 2012 12:17 pm

The whole dynamics in football are changing right now. I suspect that young talent will be sought after even more given the fair play rules and the fact that some teams are in really desperate financial shape (almost all Spanish and Italian teams outside the few major clubs that also get CL money). England will remain special as long as the television money keeps flowing; this is why midtable clubs like Fulham and others can come after young Dutch talent as they can pay higher wages than even Ajax and PSV. It's difficult for the football player to make a rational decision since careers are short and they need to make money when it's on the table.

I watched the ManU/Braga CL match where ManU started Buttner at left back instead of Evra. He was mentioned last summer as a possible up and coming Dutch NT player. Well he was really quite bad yesterday, slipping in the opponent's penalty area and then pleading for a penalty shot when it was his own fault. He couldn't cross and gave the ball up twice in some dangerous situations. Quite frankly Daley Blind is a better left back based on that performance! Yet this is a player that one of the biggest clubs in the world spent money to bring in. Go figure.

We can only hope that young players will adopt the view of Eriksen and really try to develop their game before moving on.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » wo okt 24, 2012 12:50 pm

Orange14 schreef:
We can only hope that young players will adopt the view of Eriksen and really try to develop their game before moving on.
Only problem with Eriksen is that he doesn't seem to develop over time, but rather the opposite: decline. I don't see his talent materialize...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo okt 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Zeux schreef:
Orange14 schreef:
Only problem with Eriksen is that he doesn't seem to develop over time, but rather the opposite: decline. I don't see his talent materialize...
True. But it was the best example I could come up with, and I am hopefully that his plateau won't last.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 24, 2012 6:47 pm

People seem to forget Eriksen is only 20 still. Ajax have been very lucky in that we hardly ever lose kids as teenagers to England and those who have done are now in obscurity.

Although 23 Anita is going to be another Babel Maduro ie. leaving before he is ready and will just be stuck with a nondescript club who wont be in the CL . Mind we could say the same with Heits and Steks .

Hope my old hero KJH scores a hattrick v Arsenal tonight.

Plaats reactie