Ajacieden in Oranje

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

souras84

Re: Ajacieden in Oranje

Bericht door souras84 » za sep 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Krul's last night performance was worse than Steks bad nights.
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo sep 09, 2012 7:26 pm

I see Zoet has replaced him ie RKC goalie on loan from PSV

2 other Ints yesterday with Ajax interest.

Promises/u20 lost 2-1 v Turkey U20. Denswil played the whole game, Koppers and Boccara started and were subbed, Veltman came on as a sub and de Sa having started got a red card ie 2 yellows.

U19's played Greece in a friendly and won 2-1 V d Hart played and Rosheuvel was left back(still no contract with Ajax !!). No used subs were listed but we had 4 sitting on the bench ie Gravenberch ,Keskin, deBondt and Menig so not sure if any of them played at all.

Apart from the main full Dutch game this week there are friendlies at U17,U18 and U19 with plenty of Ajax kids .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo sep 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Good win for Oranje last night 7 starters from eredivisie. KJH now level with Cruyff on 33 goals Kluivert's record of 40 in sight.

Other junior level games in the last couple of days.

U19 beat Scotland 2-1 in a friendly with our Queensy Menig scoring. Gravenberch,Keskin and de Bondt all played so all 6 Ajax played in one of the 2 friendly games this last week.

U18 lost 4-2 v USA in a friendly with Becker of Ajax scoring a goal. The other 3 Ajax in the squad Anderson,V d Boomen and V Koesveld all played.

Finally there is a 4 nation U17 tournament in Germany and 6 from our B1 are included. Today's first game resulted in a 2-0 defeat against Germany . Verburg and Vissers played with
V Bruggen, Bruijn,Groothuizen,and Lartey Sanniez also in the squad and a 7th Riedewald having dropped out through injury .

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do sep 13, 2012 7:38 am

SPL schreef:Good win for Oranje last night 7 starters from eredivisie. KJH now level with Cruyff on 33 goals Kluivert's record of 40 in sight.

Other junior level games in the last couple of days.

U19 beat Scotland 2-1 in a friendly with our Queensy Menig scoring. Gravenberch,Keskin and de Bondt all played so all 6 Ajax played in one of the 2 friendly games this last week.

U18 lost 4-2 v USA in a friendly with Becker of Ajax scoring a goal. The other 3 Ajax in the squad Anderson,V d Boomen and V Koesveld all played.

Finally there is a 4 nation U17 tournament in Germany and 6 from our B1 are included. Today's first game resulted in a 2-0 defeat against Germany . Verburg and Vissers played with
V Bruggen, Bruijn,Groothuizen,and Lartey Sanniez also in the squad and a 7th Riedewald having dropped out through injury .
Still .... who calls their kid "Queensy" ???
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do sep 13, 2012 9:14 am

Manneken Pis schreef:
SPL schreef:...U19 beat Scotland 2-1 in a friendly with our Queensy Menig scoring...
Still .... who calls their kid "Queensy" ???
Well at least you know he is going to be one tough kid what with all the fights he must have had growing up.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do sep 13, 2012 2:23 pm

rjf1 schreef:Well at least you know he is going to be one tough kid what with all the fights he must have had growing up.
Reminds me of one of my favourite Johnny Cash songs; "A boy called Sue".

:drecul.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do sep 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Should have posted that V Gaal not only started with 7 eredivisie lads v Hungary but all were 23 or under which is good news for the Oranje future. In England we stick mainly to old has beens and just play at giving the odd kid a game.Plus of course the aweful football that Hodgson gets them to play.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 14, 2012 7:55 pm

U17's drew 1-1 with Israel today with Groothuizen, V Bruggen ,Lartey Sanniez and Bruijn all playing .

JuanShoe

Bericht door JuanShoe » za sep 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Can I ask a question about Douglas? I know he's nothing to do with Ajax but I thought he had applied for Dutch citizenship so he could play for the National team. Did he do this? And if so why is he not been picked even for a squad?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za sep 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Yes, he is eligible but van Gaal did not pick him.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

jamie

Bericht door jamie » za sep 15, 2012 5:06 pm

JuanShoe schreef: I thought he had applied for Dutch citizenship so he could play for the National team. Did he do this?
The reason why he wanted to get the Dutch citizenship was so that it would be easier for him to play in other European competitions such as the PL. The PL has rather strict regulations in regards to Non EU players.

JuanShoe

Bericht door JuanShoe » za sep 15, 2012 10:35 pm

So is he any good? I tend to only really see Ajax games so have no real impression of him. But was told by a friend he was a beast and with centreback seemingly being a problem for the national team it seemed he could have been an option. Good to see van Rhijn get some minutes and I like what van Gaal has done with the youngsters.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 17, 2012 6:16 pm

U17's finished their tournament with a 1-0 win over Italy and having lost and drawn their other games did not win the tournament but the main idea was to bed new players in for the 2013 Euro champs qualifiers that start next month

Groothuizen Verburg V Bruggen and Vissers all played today and overall we had 6 involved . At B1 ie U17 level we do have an outstanding prospect in a lad called Nouri attacking Midfielder however he is still only 15 and thus as an U16 a year younger than those who have been playing this week for Dutch U17's.We also have another oustanding 15 year old striker who will play for our B1 called Walian.These 2 seem the best kids U17 at present.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Dutch U19's play a 2013 Euros qualifying group next month v Malta San Marino and Poland and an initial squad of 34 has 8 Ajax from our A1 youths

Leeuwenbugh ,V d Hart, Gravenberch, Roshuevel, Keskin, El Hasnaoui, de Bondt and Menig .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm

WC qualifiers next month v Andorra and Romania and as well as V Rhijn and Siem de Jong Vermeer is in an initial 30 man squad. Expect only V Rhijn to again be the only one to make the final cut.

Jong Oranje play Slovakia home and away with the winners going to the finals next summer. Blind Dijks and Lukoki in the initial 28 man sqaud. Interesting to note there are 5 others who were in our Academy ie Padt of Gent, Bizot plus Kappelhof of Groningen all 3 had contracts with us plus 2 who left as youths Wildschut of VVV and Rienstra of Heracles. Cannot say any of these 5 have set the world alight since leaving .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr sep 28, 2012 5:27 pm

plenty of other age group ints again next month and U20 have 2 friendlies and an initial squad of 28 has 6 from us Boccara, Denswil,Koppers,Ligeon, Veltman de Sa.
I quess Sporkslede is a little unlucky not in this squad having just broken into our 1st team squad.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr okt 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Vermeer and van Rhijn are called up for the WC qualifiers against Andorra and Romania.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do okt 11, 2012 6:19 pm

U19 have qualified for the elite round of 2013 U19 Euro champs. They are playing 3 games this week and have already beaten Malta 5-0 and San Marino 4-0 .

In the Malta game V d Hart and de Bondt played all game and El Hasnaoui came on as sub.

Today v San Marino Leeuwenburgh Gravenberch and de Bondt started and Menig and El Hasnaoui came on as subs . Menig scored a goal and Gravenberch ,who has been playing centre back for our A1 in recent weeks was back on the rightside of attack. Keskin , a 7th Ajax player,was picked in the final squad for this weeks games but appears to have dropped out injured.

Tonight U21 play Slovakia in the 2013 Euros play off, Blind starts and Dijks on the bench.

U20's also play a friendly v Norway, 6 Ajax are in the squad, Ligeon Koppers Denswil Boccara Veltman and de Sa.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do okt 11, 2012 9:27 pm

U21's won their away leg 2-0 v Slovakia ,the home leg is on Monday so they look fairly certain to qualify for the finals.Blind played the whole game and Dijks was a late sub

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 12, 2012 5:13 pm

for the record dutch U20 lost 2-1 to Norway last night in a friendly. Denswil scored the only Dutch goal. Denswil Ligeon and Veltman all started but the official oranje site does not show subs used so not sure whether Koppers de Sa or Boccara played any part .

Anyway its the main event tonight and looks like V Rhijn will be sub and Vermeer as 3rd choice goalie. Hope to see more goals for KJH

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za okt 13, 2012 2:58 am

SPL schreef:...Anyway its the main event tonight and looks like V Rhijn will be sub and Vermeer as 3rd choice goalie. Hope to see more goals for KJH
You got your wish -- he got one and Rafael vdV got one, as well. V Rhijn wasn't used this time.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za okt 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Van Rhijn will no doubt start against Romania which is now looking like the most crucial match of the group as they beat Turkey away.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 14, 2012 4:14 pm

2 bits of stats from Friday Raffie v d Vaart got his 100th cap which is a great performance and he is still 29.

KJH's usual goal was no 34 for Oranje and overtook the 33 of Cruyff and Abe Lenstra the Heerenveen legend. In the all time list he has V Nistelrooy and Faas Wilkes on 35 ,Bergkamp on 37 and Kluivert top on 40. Wont belong before he tops the lot. He is my favourite ex Ajax player who is still playing just ahead of Vertonghen .

NB Have to say I know the name Abe Lenstra as Heerenveen's ground is named after him but no idea who Faas Wilkes was.Wikipedia shows he played after WW2 as an amatuer for Xerves Rotterdam and was one of the first Dutch pros going to Italy with Inter and Torino, then Valencia and Levante in Spain finishing with VVV and Fortuna 54.

I am sure Ko will tell us who Xerves and Fortuna 54 were and I am sure he knows about Wilkes too.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo okt 14, 2012 4:27 pm

I am clearly missing my weekend Ajax fix after the above post , but turning from names of the past to hopefully Ajax names of the future Dutch U19's beat Poland today 3-1 but have already qualified for the elite round. V d Hart played all the game and El Hasnaoui was subbed by the only other Ajax player used today de Bondt .de Bondt in 10 mins scored 2 goals and got a yellow card so an eventful few minutes for him

Rights guys I think thats the end of my obscure facts for the day .

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » zo okt 14, 2012 5:33 pm

We'll tune in tomorrow for the next batch -- we really appreciate them.

Plaats reactie