General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

rjf1

Re: General Football Discussion

Bericht door rjf1 » do jun 28, 2012 6:45 am

Let's just hope the KNVB doesn't come looking for Frank.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » do jun 28, 2012 9:31 am

We are lucky that this is the right time to replace Van Marwijk, but not the right time for Frank to coach the national team. Frank says he is not ready with his work Ajax yet and told me he prefers to be on the pitch every day.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jun 28, 2012 11:47 am

Whoever is chosen will have a really hard time qualifying for the WC. A lot of the players on the recent Euro team will need to be replaced and they have two difficult group matches this September (Turkey-home and Hungary-away). I would not want to be the bondscoach under these circumstances. It's going to take a great degree of patience to meld the new team. I think there are only two logical choices Van Gaal or Foppe de Haan but that's just my opinion.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Right, so does this mean Rangers are bankrupt, out of business, dead and buried...?

What about this 'newco' club? Is that actually Rangers FC?

If Rangers return, will it be the real Rangers or some new company?

K.
Still alive...

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » wo jul 04, 2012 4:24 pm

As far as I know it will be a completely new company that has bought its license from the liquidated assets of the old company.
I guess it is up to the fans to decide if they accept this new company as if it's still the old club. In a way that is more important than legal considerations.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 04, 2012 4:44 pm

^and there is a real question about whether they will be able to play in the top flight of Scottish football. Players are jumping ship and it's going to be interesting to see what happens. If they are lucky they will replicate what happened with Fiorentina when they went bankrupt but reorganized and got back up into Serie A
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo jul 04, 2012 8:41 pm

For those who can wade through it there's a good summary of the current Rangers situation here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18702275

I suppose I have to admit an interest, not exactly unhappy with current developments but even most Rangers fans would surely concede that the Gers are largely the authors of their own misfortune, dodgy accounting with taxes and the like equates to cheating in a sporting context as well as anything else as it leads to an unfair advantage. It's also pretty galling for RFC to expect some sort of loyaly from other Scots teams now given the amount of noise and effort they put onto deserting the Scottish league in the last few years. Didn't care much for anyone elses finances then did they...?

As to whether it's a "new" team or a continuation of the old, Arthur is right, that's largely down to individual (and collective) perception. One fan on the link I've posted is supporting the prospective start in Division 3 as it would give them a chance to complete the trophy cabinet with those they haven't previously won (ie Division 3/2/1 championships) but others are talking in the past tense of being fans of the old Rangers - time will tell on this one I suppose.

In England by comparison AFC Rushden & Diamonds and Darlington 1883 (both reformations of ex=league clubs most recently the Blue Square Premier - level 5) have reformed at step 6 and 5 of the non league pyramid (regional level 9 and 10 of the English league system).
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr jul 13, 2012 10:14 am

“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di sep 04, 2012 8:40 am

Market bollocks, for whoever cares :
http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/default/ ... asics.html
Our "market value" is supposed to be #63 in Europe :biggrin.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di sep 04, 2012 8:44 am

I have no idea what "market value" means... but I wonder which teams have the biggest difference between "value" and ranking.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di sep 04, 2012 1:16 pm

Tom_ schreef:I have no idea what "market value" means... but I wonder which teams have the biggest difference between "value" and ranking.
Quite right, we really don't know how this table is prepared. I don't know whether they take team debt into account as per the "UEFA fair play rules" and we know the EPL teams have a decided advantage with all the TV money coming in. I also refuse to believe a study that ranks PSV above Ajax given PSV's dodgy financial moves from a year ago. I think a far more transparent valuation is the one done by Deloitte every year. The 2012 report is here: http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-Uni ... -final.pdf as this is based on revenue coming in. Ajax were ranked just outside the top 20.

One good thing in the TransferMarket site is the rating of clubs based on "live" spectators that are in the seats each match day. Ajax rank 14th here. Interestingly, Borussia Dortmund are first with 99.9% of the 80,000 seats filled each match day. Most German teams have larger size arenas than other leagues and fill them. I don't know what the comparison of ticket prices are.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di sep 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Orange14 schreef:Quite right, we really don't know how this table is prepared. I don't know whether they take team debt into account as per the "UEFA fair play rules" and we know the EPL teams have a decided advantage with all the TV money coming in.
I think it's just a sum of all the individual player transfer "values" in the first team, though where they get the transfer values from I have no idea. Haha, Sulejmani is worth €7M according to that list!
Orange14 schreef:One good thing in the TransferMarket site is the rating of clubs based on "live" spectators that are in the seats each match day. Ajax rank 14th here. Interestingly, Borussia Dortmund are first with 99.9% of the 80,000 seats filled each match day. Most German teams have larger size arenas than other leagues and fill them. I don't know what the comparison of ticket prices are.
German football is incredibly well supported in terms of attendance. Yes, Dortmund sell out almost every game in an 80,000 seat stadium. 1.FC Köln, near me, have a bigger stadium than Ajax, and they're in the 2. Bundesliga this year and still charge 40–50€ for a ticket. I think the clubs here are also a lot more financially responsible than in Spain or Italy for example, but I don't have anything to back that up with.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di sep 04, 2012 2:50 pm

This table is as arguable and absurd as mordern football. On this document, Ronaldo alone is worth more the whole AFCA.
Appie, stay strong !

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo sep 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Not sire how much this has made the news elsewhere but the UK Government has released all the official papers relating to the Hillsborough disaster from 1989 today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-1954396

Truly shocking stiff, all through the years the Hillsborough justice campaigners have been claiming a cover up and that more lives could have been saved and now we know for fact that 119 (out of around 160) police officer witness statements were substantually altered to remove criticism of the police and that out of 96 victims over 40 could potentially have survived if the authrotoes and Ambulance service had acted differently on the day.......

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di sep 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Appie, stay strong !

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr sep 21, 2012 7:28 pm

This is a first for me....an explosive finish though for sure....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/video/2 ... e-on-pitch

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » di okt 02, 2012 9:46 pm

BATE is off to a fantastic start in CL 2 wins - over Bayern at home and over Lille away. Both 3-1. BATE's budget is somewhere around 8-9 mln euros. Probably this can inspire our players to beat those fat kitties. :onfire.gif: :666.gif:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo okt 03, 2012 11:29 am

Althought the referee "forgot" a penalty in favor of Donetsk (UEFA remains UEFA), juventus could be on their way out of the CL. That would be sooooo sad ! :drecul.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo okt 03, 2012 12:19 pm

philippe schreef:Althought the referee "forgot" a penalty in favor of Donetsk (UEFA remains UEFA), juventus could be on their way out of the CL. That would be sooooo sad ! :drecul.gif:
The match official was our 'good' friend Bas Nijhuis!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo okt 17, 2012 12:26 pm

watching the rain in Warsaw last night I did not realise they had a roof, what can one say!! The only 2 recent games postponed at the Arena were due to heavy snow but the roof was on and the pitch perfect.

As for England v Serbia U21's clearly the Serb fans were chanting racist chants at our Black players.UEFA has to throw Serbia out of all Ints for say 2 or 4 years as they have recent history of racism. I do not expect them to do anything though other than a fine.

Racism is never going to be stamped out until UEFA and FA's set examples. I sadly believe the English FA is still pro white. Suarez a South American Indian gets an 8 match ban whereas Terry ,white and english utters a lot worse and gets just 4 matches. Have to say I thought Terry's words were far worse and expected far more than Luis got .That has nothing to do with him being ex Ajax ,after all when he got sent off for biting he no longer was fit to wear our shirt again.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo okt 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Appie, stay strong !

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do okt 18, 2012 2:05 pm

SPL schreef:As for England v Serbia U21's clearly the Serb fans were chanting racist chants at our Black players.UEFA has to throw Serbia out of all Ints for say 2 or 4 years as they have recent history of racism. I do not expect them to do anything though other than a fine.
... and even then it will be a small fine.
If you want to see UEFA (or FIFA) use their "heavy hand" you need to insult one of the sponsors...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo okt 21, 2012 4:26 pm

^Looks like he was arrested yesterday: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... sh?cc=5901

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo okt 24, 2012 1:26 pm

juventus (almost) eliminated from the CL : how sad :drecul.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie