Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Dave the mac

Re: Ajax on Television (+ Webcasts, YouTube etc.)

Bericht door Dave the mac » wo mei 02, 2012 2:58 pm

For viewers in the States ESPN 3 will be showing todays game.
No need to call in sick as they always (?) have replays available as well.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Today's game will be broadcasted live on French channel Ma Chaîne Sport.
Appie, stay strong !

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo mei 02, 2012 3:12 pm

philippe schreef:Today's game will be broadcasted live on French channel Ma Chaîne Sport.
I'll be watching the Sarko v Hollande debate...

:confused.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » wo mei 02, 2012 3:15 pm

ajaxusa schreef:OK so I really want to see tomorrow's game, but my only option will be a SOPcast feed. Is there any way to learn *prior to kickoff* if there is a feed for this game? Or should I simply ask in this forum for someone to post a link or feed address once the game starts.

Many thanks!!!! :ajaxscarf.gif:
As already mentioned, the 13th stream pretty much always carries the game, and the feed is usually excellent. This it the URL that I use with my sopcast player: sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/106491

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo mei 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
philippe schreef:Today's game will be broadcasted live on French channel Ma Chaîne Sport.
I'll be watching the Sarko v Hollande debate...
Who cares about this debate ? :hypocrite.gif:

Made my mind years ago. We'll sack the arrogant dwarf. I do hope and work for. :excited.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » wo mei 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Dave the mac schreef:For viewers in the States ESPN 3 will be showing todays game.
No need to call in sick as they always (?) have replays available as well.
Holy Christ, they are!!! That must have just been added. I checked a few days ago and there was nothing listed... Great!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
Mark it 8, Dude.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 02, 2012 6:53 pm

ESPN3 must have added it last evening of this morning. I checked yesterday afternoon and it was not listed. At least I'll have a really nice feed to see the championship clinched.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do mei 03, 2012 5:30 am

I hope ESPN remembers what commentator Mark Donaldson said last night , that Vitesse vs, Ajax is on ESPN on Sunday morning. Hope that means ESPN 3 , but with several clubs fighting for second, I'm not sure.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » do mei 03, 2012 9:24 pm

ESPN has the final game vs. Vitesse listed as Sunday's ESPN3 match!
I especially like the ESPN3 games as I don't have to get up so bloody early on weekends :)
Don't remember how many times I've gotten up at 5:30 to watch Ajax live on Roja here on the West Coast

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 19, 2012 9:28 am

The Ajax players are peeping toms!

http://youtu.be/g3x-h4Gp4eE :ajaxscarf.gif:

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do jul 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:The Ajax players are peeping toms!

http://youtu.be/g3x-h4Gp4eE :ajaxscarf.gif:

K.
:drecul.gif: That's great.

I think Adidas has done a good job with these commercials, pretty creative and memorable, like the ones with playing against people in Vondelpark and kicking balls from the canals.
AFCA

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jul 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Great commercial...as long as the Amsterdam police have a sense of humor.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo aug 08, 2012 1:16 pm

The Eredivisie has signed a deal with News International (i.e. Murdoch) for Fox to have the TV rights.
It's a 12 (TWELVE !!!) year deal worth +/- 1€ Billion (i.e. +/-80€M per season).

Leaving aside people's feelings Murdoch, it's an improvement in income for the clubs and should ensure wider international exposure of the Eredivisie (and Ajax).

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo aug 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Not sure by I understand other Dutch topclubs will benefit from this :
http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/13/AJAX/ ... deal.dhtml
Appie, stay strong !

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo aug 08, 2012 1:36 pm

philippe schreef:Not sure by I understand other Dutch topclubs will benefit from this :
http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/13/AJAX/ ... deal.dhtml
If I understand correctly "top clubs" (Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, AZ, FC Twente) will get +/-5€M extra per year, roughly doubling their TV income. Other clubs will also benefit but less. Apprently during the negotiations the bigger clubs argued strongly that their image rights were worth more. By comparison in the English Premiership even a low level team gets+/-50€M.

The other thing that's not clear is who gets the highlights package for the Netherlands (NOS deal edns at the end of next season). But I saw somewhere that there is a European law that highlights must be available to an "open" (free to air) channel.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » wo aug 08, 2012 2:54 pm

Was just coming over to post this piece of news but you guys beat me to it. This is going to be awesome. I'm tired of ESPN's handling of the Eredivisie here. FOX has put in a billion euros, so they will want to show more than the 1 game a week which ESPN has. :blub.gif: :blub.gif:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo aug 08, 2012 3:07 pm

IMO it's a disgrace that Dutch people will have to pay to watch the Eredivisie on TV.
As far as I'm concerned, I subscribed last year to MCS, to watch Ajax games on French TV. So how will it be for people outside Holland ?

Fox Networks buys Dutch football tv rights for premier league
Wednesday 08 August 2012

Rupert Murdoch's Fox Networks has taken a 51% controlling interest in tv channel Eredivisie Live which broadcasts premier league matches, say press reports on Wednesday.
The deal, worth €1bn over 12 years and due to begin in the 2013-2014 season, was unanimously agreed by the 18 clubs involved and the football association KNVB.
Fox is paying €960m to show the games and taking over the €60m in debt of Eredivisie Live.
The Dutch matches will be shown on Murdoch's Sky TV which means Dutch football fans may face having to pay to see their clubs play.
Public broadcasting
What effect it will have on public broadcaster Nos, which currently has the right to broadcast highlights of the matches in the weekend, is not yet known.
'This is a media revolution,' Nos director Jan de Jong told Radio 1. He fears Murdoch will insist highlights are shown late in the evening rather than at 7pm as at present, in order to encourage as many viewers as possible to watch the live broadcasts.
Appie, stay strong !

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » do aug 09, 2012 9:45 pm

Not sure how Fox Network buying the Dutch football rights effects us here in the states, but ESPN 3 will be showing the Ajax/AZ game this Sunday! 10:30 eastern time.
Even with all the uncertainty of the squad, can't wait to see them play.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Dave, I think the contract starts next year with Fox which means that ESPN won't be carrying matches after this season. Normal Fox Soccer Channel in here carries only EPL and Serie A matches. They have a second channel that I don't subscribe to that carries French Ligue One and maybe that's where the Dutch games will be shown. We'll have to wait and see.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

AjaxSeattle

Bericht door AjaxSeattle » zo aug 19, 2012 6:54 pm

There is a new a soccer network in the United States that launched on DirectTV and Dish this past week and is negotiating with various cable companies for carriage agreements to be added to their channel lineup. This new channel is owned by Al Jazeera and is called BeInSport and they have taken programming away from the Fox Soccer Channel and GOLTV.

Starting with this season BeIn Sport has the rights to Serie A in the USA and has the world wide rights to Ligue1 but not sure if that includes in the United States. They also now have the rights to England's League Cup and nPower Championship games previously held by Fox. There are also strong rumors that they will go after the rights to the EPL when they expire after the 2013 season.

So that leaves some holes in the Fox Soccer Channel programming and you wonder with Fox getting the rights to the games in Holland if there might be a clause that would allow them to show those games on the Fox Soccer Channel starting with the 2013-14 season. Hopefully that might happen but there some interesting developments happening with the US TV right to the various soccer leagues and competitions from around the world.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo aug 19, 2012 7:34 pm

I think I will be paying to watch Eredivisie Livesport from next month .Sadler Ian says it works well and is in English. I only found 1 stream working on sopcast MM1 and it cut out after 82 mins. Finally got it back for the last 2mins but I think my days of watching for free are nearly over. sopcast has been ok for the last 3or 4years but this season has started with it being very hit and miss.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 19, 2012 8:02 pm

The 13th stream was passable today. It stayed alive the entire 90 minutes but the screen was flickering a lot and there would be 5 second dropouts. I'm likely to follow your lead as well since I don't want to go into a match day and worry that I cannot get a stream.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo aug 19, 2012 9:03 pm

I've been using Livesport for the past 6 months and it's pretty reliable. The feed isn't great quality (SopCast is better) and the commentators are idiots, but it's worth the price to know you're going to be able to see it.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » za aug 25, 2012 4:49 pm

Over here ESPN 3 lists an unprecedented 3 Eredivisie matches this weekend!
Starting with Ajax today, Feyenoord and PSV tomorrow.

Always good quality feed and has a replay option so I don't need to get up to early on the weekends. :smile-ajax.gif

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za aug 25, 2012 5:06 pm

ESPN3 are locked out of Italian and Spanish league matches now that that the new petro-dollar sports network is up and running. Here's hoping for more Dutch league games but I guess this won't continue next season when Sky Sports take over.

Plaats reactie