New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Nuytnick is what, 2 years older than Denswil? Why bring him in if Denswil is the center back of the future? Alderwiereld broke in to the starting lineup at an early stage so why not Denswil. If we bring anyone in from the Dutch league it ought to be Moisander and only on a 2 year contract so we are not locked in for a long time. I don't know what to do about the striker position. I assume Sigthorrson will come back to full health and be the number one there and I don't mind de Jong as a back up here. Castillion really didn't do much at all on loan and is it worth hanging on to him if he doesn't have the quality? I am unsure about the youth ranks here as we already sold Boere in January who was scoring quite regularly for Jong Ajax. The bigger questions for me are Boerrigter and Boilesen. Are their injuries destined to be chronic issues that will hurt their ability to play regularly?

Just because we get CL money again next season doesn't mean we have unlimited funds to spend. I hope that we can get about €24M for Van der Wiel and Vertonghen which should help. Unfortunately, we will get no money for El Hamdaoui and probably should let him leave on a free and hope that somebody will pick him up and cover the last two years of his contract.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Not sure Sulejmani will stay if we are offering him less money for a new contract . We need a proper right footed right winger and Narsingh fits the bill .
Defence is the area we need to buy as we will only have V Rhijn Toby Blind and the injury prone Boilesen with Denswil Dijks Veltman Ligeon and Koppers posssibly not yet ready .The talk is that we are looking for a left sided CB for Jan and cover for Boilesen . But our only cover at right side is Ligeon and Veltman so I can see us getting another right sided defender as well.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di mei 08, 2012 7:57 pm

That's what I asked. If we get Elia, is it a NEEDED move??
May the Force be with you

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do mei 10, 2012 1:10 pm

http://www.ajaxshowtime.com/hoofdnieuws ... kenen.html

Now, why is this move happening? Is he free or not? I was under the impression we needed a CB. Well if Boilessen isn't getting better anytime soon then OK.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mei 10, 2012 1:29 pm

It is also in de Telegraaf today: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetb ... sen__.html If he does accept a 2 year deal it would be a good thing given he is 27 years old and it sends a clear message that the position is not being filled for 4-5 years. We don't know how chronic Boilesen's hamstring problem is and Blind, although he did well down the stretch, isn't the full time solution to the position. If the club is going the route of filling gaps with known talents from the Eredivisie, I'm supportive since it will be less expensive this way and we know that the players can perform. If they bring Poulsen, Moisander and Narsingh (their is no Fulham agreement yet, if Narsingh is interested in Euro football, he's not going to be getting it there) to the club it will be a good deal all around.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do mei 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Yes those 3 are a good solution. Very good indeed. So how much for Poulsen? I begun thinking that we ain't getting more than 15 million for Jan and Greg.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do mei 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Poulsen as far as I know is a free agent.
I would like the 3 mentioned above (or Chivu ipv Moisander, the story still to be ended), plus FdB has clearley stated he wants a backup striker.
O tempora o mores

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr mei 11, 2012 6:24 pm

poulsen is a free agent on june 30th
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » di mei 15, 2012 9:07 pm

orange goblin schreef:
souras84 schreef:are we in need of a right winger only?
for me, no.
we need:

- a both footed CB who can play paired with Alderwireld but also with the others if Toby gets injured (Moisander? Douglas? Nuytinck? Chivu is just too expensive, don't believe the "I love Ajax" thing until I see it)
- a right winger (Sulejmani and Ozbiliz are note pure RW, Lukoki I find him very classical ajax material but maybe still to develop)
- a backup, young, promising striker if Castillion is not good enough (I read we are following this Branimir Hrgota: anyone knows him?)
- I find nice the idea of FdB of a new LB: Simon Poulsen?
- plus, Schone has already arrived to replace Lodeiro

if we confirm also Aissati and Sulejmani, we will have some luxe-problem, but hey: the more quality, the better.
It seems as if our first transfer will be Poulsen. Now please sign Narsingh and/or Elia

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » wo jun 06, 2012 10:13 pm

Heard a rumour we could be after Benayoun...we don't need more midfielders, let'sfind a decent centre-back please.
Godenzonen

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr jun 08, 2012 1:10 pm

and why him???? where is he needed???

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma jul 02, 2012 10:38 am

... or rather NOT new player.

Poulson is not coming to Ajax, but going to Deprtivo in Spain according to the Telegraaf.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 05, 2012 7:00 pm

Poulsen is not going to Deportiva so may still come here. De Boer wants an experienced Dutch speaking defender to replace Vertonghen (,who is likely to leave next week according to press in Uk). As for a reserve striker he is very impressed with Klaassen and is looking at him over the next few weeks with a view to him being the spare striker.

Think things will take off once Jan goes and a new central defender plus hopefully Narsingh could come in quickly leaving just a left back to sign .

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr jul 06, 2012 10:06 am

Apparently, Spurs are willing to listen to offers for vd Vaart for around £10.. anyone up for a straight swap with Jan? :drecul.gif:

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr jul 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Doesn't Tottenham also own Steven Pienaar's contract?

If spurs don't want to pay enough for Jan,

I say we swap Jan for VdV and Pienaar. And get Spurs to pay off part of their salary.
AJACIED

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » wo jul 11, 2012 4:53 pm

http://blogs.bettor.com/Ajax-not-intere ... re-a170150 It will be hard to land him, but if light bulbs get him, it will be a serious blow to our title chances.
Godenzonen

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » do jul 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Moisander asking price to high, we are looking into a Barcelona prospect called Muniesa...Why not just let Denswil play then?
Godenzonen

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Cannot understand us going for a young Spanish kid from their 2nd division .Nuytinck seems to be 2nd choice to Moisander

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr jul 13, 2012 4:52 am

****** had a terrific 2011/12 season, netting eight goals while amassing an impressive 22 assists in 34 league matches.
\

If I told you we could get a pacy winger who will give Ajax 22 assists in 34 league matches and 8-10 goals for 6million Euros, would you sign him?

And as for our defence, the loss of Vertonghen will be hard to replace. We may also lose Anita in the coming weeks with Van der Wiel going in the mid season I suspect.

Frank needs to bite the bullet and sign quality!
AJACIED

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jul 13, 2012 9:15 am

For the defense the name should be Viergever!!!
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 14, 2012 12:00 pm

talk today that Muniesa is coming either on loan or we buy him and Barca have a buy back agreement.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » zo jul 15, 2012 8:02 am

It's been so quiet on new players for Ajax. Making me nervous.... I'm all in favor of the new transfer/salary policy, but Ajax needs some quality reinforcements.... Schøne has been the only new guy, and a good one but more are needed. Every day there is talk about Nuytinck/Moisander/Narsingh, et al. The transfer period used to be fun, now it's tedious.

Marc Overmars recently took over the duties on transfers so that's a good sign. De Boer says ''We are just very busy, if there is more news to report, you will hear it".
In Frank we trust. Be patient he tells us.

Overmars however does have some work to do. Ajax needs experienced players, at several positions. Chief of course is another central defender, or two. Left back is a concern, as well as both wing spots. Will Van der Wiel back up Van Rhijn at right back?

There are some exciting Young players coming up, but they lack experience. To put them in now could be counter productive. The upcoming season will be another tough campaign and there will be opportunities for the young with injuries/suspensions to get on the bench and the pitch and get a feel for the first team.

Yes we need to be patient...but I'm still nervous.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » zo jul 15, 2012 9:58 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Ajaxshowtime just reported that Naarsigh is going to PSV. How on earth do they still have money?

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo jul 15, 2012 10:36 am

They keep borrowing money from local Eindhoven government until every habitant of that city gets really pissed up and goes to the Philips Stadium to destroy every piece of it. Rumours say PSV will close the Narsingh deal today, but my expectation is that Ajax is still running for Luciano.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Looks like we will miss out on Narsingh and end up with some young Barca kid to replace Vertonghen,not very positive at present .

Plaats reactie