Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 07, 2011 11:44 am

#14 schreef:Eriksen, Janssen, and de Jong start. Anita is either in defense or first off the bench in midfield (or starting when one of the other three take a rest). Demy left for consistent first team football, and Ajax got what they could.
Anita starts in midfield without question, otherwise with the three you mention there is no holding midfielder. Tremendous defensive risk not to do so.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jul 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Orange14 schreef:
#14 schreef:Eriksen, Janssen, and de Jong start. Anita is either in defense or first off the bench in midfield (or starting when one of the other three take a rest). Demy left for consistent first team football, and Ajax got what they could.
Anita starts in midfield without question, otherwise with the three you mention there is no holding midfielder. Tremendous defensive risk not to do so.
I think it would be De Jong on the bench and Eriksen, Janssen and Anita starting in midfield. Otherwise we have no bite in middle of the pitch.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » do jul 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Anita, Janssen and Eriksen will be our midfield, De Jong is going to be back up for Kolbeinn and cover for midfield if needed. Imo Anita has to play, the little man's a good little player and his energy is a must.

But if you've noticed in the friendlies Frank is trying Ozbiliz at #9... Interesting!!
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

Bericht door #14 » do jul 07, 2011 3:00 pm

I agree with your points about Anita's D - I'm just not sure how you don't have de Jong on the pitch particularly after his form in the 2nd half of last term (assuming he's still with the team as he hasn't signed a new contract yet). Anita also played in the back line last season tho Frank moved him to holding midfielder. I guess I'm one for having your best XI on the pitch, and for me that would mean de Jong in midfield with Anita on the back line instead of Boilesen.....

The best XI as of July 7:

Stekelenburg
van der Wiel Alderweireld Vertonghen Anita
Eriksen de Jong Janssen
Sulejmani Kolbeinn Ebecilio

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jul 07, 2011 3:29 pm

#14 schreef:I agree with your points about Anita's D - I'm just not sure how you don't have de Jong on the pitch particularly after his form in the 2nd half of last term (assuming he's still with the team as he hasn't signed a new contract yet). Anita also played in the back line last season tho Frank moved him to holding midfielder. I guess I'm one for having your best XI on the pitch, and for me that would mean de Jong in midfield with Anita on the back line instead of Boilesen.....

Stekelenburg
Eriksen de Jong Janssen
I think De Jong played better in the second half, kind of, but he's not really a striker. And no way does he beat out Eriksen or Janssen in midfield when it comes to offensive skills and he's nowhere close to Anita on defense. So he sits in my opinion, because Anita in midfield and Blind/Boileson at left back is a stronger defense than De Jong in midfield with Anita at left back.

And I'd like to see Ozbiliz at left wing, but I think Frank seems to prefer Ebecilio.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do jul 07, 2011 7:26 pm

#14 schreef:I agree with your points about Anita's D - I'm just not sure how you don't have de Jong on the pitch particularly after his form in the 2nd half of last term (assuming he's still with the team as he hasn't signed a new contract yet). Anita also played in the back line last season tho Frank moved him to holding midfielder. I guess I'm one for having your best XI on the pitch, and for me that would mean de Jong in midfield with Anita on the back line instead of Boilesen.....

Stekelenburg
Eriksen de Jong Janssen

1 - boileson will play, so forget that
2 - anita will play, so one of those three MFs has to sit
3 - it wont be janssen
4 - it wont be eriksen

siem just has to keep proving himself, and improving himself, he will have plenty of chances to make an impact over two positions

i could also see lodeiro pinching playing time from ebicilio if he struggles with more attention on him this season
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr jul 08, 2011 6:17 am

Unfortunately, Alderweirald is still no Vertonghen.
Else this conundrum could be easily solved by playing with a back 3, playing 3-2-2-3.
Regardless, I'd still have no place for DeJong in my first 11.
AJACIED

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr jul 08, 2011 2:02 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/20 ... urg-report

Id much prefer him to go Roma than Arsenal, if anywhere.. and dont mind if he leaves really.. :)

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » zo jul 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Mister Danny Blind was very vocal today about prices of our two main market assets right now, Steks and Jan. he mentioned that Jan has a stipulated buyout clause of more than 17.5 mil while Steks asking prices is more oopen to deliberation, with 10 mil being the expected asking price: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/eur ... target-jan.
Godenzonen

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma jul 11, 2011 7:32 am

Anyone see about Inter offering 9mil Euro for vd Wiel?

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma jul 11, 2011 9:21 am

I don't. Unless they sell Maicon, who wants to stay. They bought also another RB, that Jonathan from Cruzeiro, and have Santon back from loan and even Zanetti can play there. Would surprise me a lot if Inter makes this move for Greg.
O tempora o mores

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » ma jul 11, 2011 9:51 am

Also to add to the Greg story, Inter's new coach Gasperini favours a 3 man defence so I can't see him wanting another right back.
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma jul 11, 2011 10:03 am

lets hope so.

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » do jul 14, 2011 3:45 pm

Roma are set to pay 2 million to espanyol for their goalkeeper, Carlos Kameni, the cameroon international. This must likely rules out Steks leaving for Roma.
Godenzonen

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » vr jul 15, 2011 7:25 am

I was kind of hoping that he would leave this summer.. and not to arsenal. I think its an ideal time for him to leave for both him and us. I cant see Vermeer wanting to play second fiddle to him again for a whole season when im sure he knows hes good enough to be our number 1.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 15, 2011 8:18 pm

I see the official squad nos are now given . Cvitanich still is shown as a player , I note the OS has not yet announced his loan. Aissati is not given a squad no.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Evander Sno had agreed a deal with Genoa but sadly for him Italian rules state that he cannot play as he has a defibillator in him for his heart condition . Sad for the guy and hope he can fixed up somewhere.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma jul 18, 2011 7:44 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/462/netherl ... -future-of

Nice to see this is, he's sorting his squad out early(ish). I like it!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di jul 19, 2011 9:02 am

some inside word: roma are not done hoping for steks, but ajax are not budging on the asking price, which has come down, as the papers say, 10M... and for now, no lower

i think de boer is trying to extend his contract, to be honest
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di jul 19, 2011 12:21 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:some inside word: roma are not done hoping for steks, but ajax are not budging on the asking price, which has come down, as the papers say, 10M... and for now, no lower

i think de boer is trying to extend his contract, to be honest
The deal with the Espanyol keeper going to Roma has apparently fallen through. De Boer is trying to get Steks and Jan to commit. He said if Steks does not sign a new deal then he will be transfered in January.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Roma are rumored to be offering €6M for St. Maarten. I suspect that this will be the only offer that comes in for him which is really a shame since he is a fine keeper. Problem is keepers are always undervalued relative to field players. Club will have a tough decision to make as I don't think we will see much more be offered in January unless some big club has #1 with a major injury.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do jul 21, 2011 7:48 am

I was reading this morning on google sport news that roma representitives are in amsterdam today to finalise a deal. :confused.gif:

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do jul 21, 2011 4:47 pm

I hope Roma pays. I'm really a bit surprised there has been so little interest in him this summer.

As much as I like Stekelenberg, I think it's time for him to move on so Vermeer gets more action.

If we keep both, I could see a worst case scenario where they both want to leave in January and we are left without a decent keeper. Glad Vermeer has had a willingness to wait the last few seasons and I hope he gets the opportunity to show his worth this season.
AFCA

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 27, 2011 11:09 am

Van der Heijden has been told he can go . I liked him when he first came into our team but a year out with injury and 2 years at Willem have followed. Still cannot believe he is a worse defensive midfielder than Enoh!!

cdnajaxfan

PSV want El Ham

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do jul 28, 2011 12:08 am

Plaats reactie