Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Blind3
Contacteer:

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jun 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Wondering out loud if a reported move for Bojan Krkic might curb their appetite and pocketbook where Steks is concerned.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 22, 2011 5:58 pm

arizonaajax asked if any bad transfer moves coming to the end of contracts. Atouba, Sno, Oleguer all have contracts ending next week and thus off the payroll.
As I said yesterday the only 2 players left who could be called bad buys are Cvitanich anad Silva. Once those 2 are gone we have cleared out all those on big wages who are not going to play or even make the subs bench.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jun 23, 2011 7:44 am

And I still believe that Cvitanich can play a role for the team. I'd like to see Frank give him a chance.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » do jun 23, 2011 10:35 am

Based on...?
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

arizonaajax
Contacteer:

Bericht door arizonaajax » do jun 23, 2011 12:24 pm

SPL schreef:arizonaajax asked if any bad transfer moves coming to the end of contracts. Atouba, Sno, Oleguer all have contracts ending next week and thus off the payroll.
As I said yesterday the only 2 players left who could be called bad buys are Cvitanich anad Silva. Once those 2 are gone we have cleared out all those on big wages who are not going to play or even make the subs bench.

very good to hear. :biggthumpup.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jun 24, 2011 7:23 am

De Dominee schreef:Based on...?
I thought the few times he's been in that he has looked pretty lively. He may not be as good at hold up play as Siem, but I think he's a better finisher. And we're going to need depth this season if we want to win the league and play well in the CL.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 26, 2011 11:23 am

Roma want Steks and only want to pay 8m euros but Ajax want 12m . As he has only 1year let on his contract I imagine we will get 10m . I do hope he signs for a bigger and better club but we will have to wait and see.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo jun 26, 2011 11:44 am

we would need a good keeper to back up vermeer then. who then? the only name I can imagine is piet velthuizen, or some swedish youngster...
O tempora o mores

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jun 26, 2011 1:45 pm

orange goblin schreef:we would need a good keeper to back up vermeer then. who then? the only name I can imagine is piet velthuizen, or some swedish youngster...
Velthuizen made one of the stupidest moves in the football world by going to Hercules last year. He couldn't even break into the starting lineup and then the club was relegated. I'm not sure he wants to play second fiddle to Vermeer. Too bad as he was the promising second choice behind Steks on the NT.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » zo jun 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Velthuizen would be a decent player but as Orange said, not sure he'd want to be a no.2. I like the look of Jasper Cillessen from NEC as a backup goalie for Vermeer, Don't know what he would cost though.

If Steeks does go I hope we hold out for at least €10m, he's a top class international. Every Arsenal fan i know wants him there, So open your chequebook Wenger!!
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 27, 2011 10:43 am

Suk has signed a 2 year contract with Groningen. Good luck to him ,I wonder if we will end up buying him back in a couple of years !!!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jun 27, 2011 11:39 am

SPL schreef:Suk has signed a 2 year contract with Groningen. Good luck to him ,I wonder if we will end up buying him back in a couple of years !!!
Doesn't this have to be a pretty sizable contract as he is not on an EU passport? I seem to remember that was an issue with him staying at Ajax.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma jun 27, 2011 5:42 pm

SPL schreef:Roma want Steks and only want to pay 8m euros but Ajax want 12m . As he has only 1year let on his contract I imagine we will get 10m . I do hope he signs for a bigger and better club but we will have to wait and see.

new inside info time: despite not being sure if they will offer enough, roma have now made a bid on stek

just FYI: both of your figures are rather low

it's more like... ajax want 15 and roma want to pay 10-12
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Another goalie likely to leave Sergio Padt to Gent. He was being loaned to GAEagles again and Ajax said they would give him a contract extension to 2013 with increased money . Padt is quoted as saying Ajax have not offered any more money so he is not renewing his current contract which runs to 2012 and Ajax are prepared to sell him .He is a Dutch U 21 goalie
but clearly we do not think that much of him so I do not blame him leaving.

Just picked up that Boca Juniors fancy Cvitanich but probably on loan for a year!! If we loan him out again then with a contract to 2013 we are faced with getting no more than say 1m for him in a years time. Imo we may as well give him a free transfer and just get him off the books. Do the same with Silva although not sure anyone would want to take him with a big contract still for 1 more year.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jun 28, 2011 7:12 am

bluedaddy19 schreef:
SPL schreef:Roma want Steks and only want to pay 8m euros but Ajax want 12m . As he has only 1year let on his contract I imagine we will get 10m . I do hope he signs for a bigger and better club but we will have to wait and see.

new inside info time: despite not being sure if they will offer enough, roma have now made a bid on stek

just FYI: both of your figures are rather low

it's more like... ajax want 15 and roma want to pay 10-12
Ajax should take the 12 and be done with it.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di jun 28, 2011 8:26 am

Padt is quoted as saying Ajax have not offered any more money so he is not renewing his current contract which runs to 2012 and Ajax are prepared to sell him
I hope this has nothing to do with the velvet revolution which is slowly happening at the board. Padt would have been a good and cheap choice if Steks will leave.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 28, 2011 4:54 pm

I read that Gent want Padt as there no 2 goalie! Would have thought being no 1 at GAEagles would be better but obviously Gent are giving him a decent long term contract.

ps. I spell it the flemish way and not the english way Ghent .And on the strange country that is Belgium I always refer to that most beautiful of cities by its proper flemish name Brugge and not Bruges.

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » di jun 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Gary Cahill is soon to sign for Arsenal, which may rule them out as possible bidders for Vertonghen. However, it will stir up Manchester City's desire to go after him, since they were also hopeful of signing Cahill.
Godenzonen

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo jun 29, 2011 9:42 am

the latest?

-De Zeeuw on his way to Moscow, not clear if for 6 or 8 millions
- interest for Cvitanich (Boca Juniors)
- interest for Lodeiro (Flamengo, who is searching a striker also: dario in the deal too?)
- Bruno Silva, as far as I know, was aggregated to the national team of Uruguay. Not as a player for America's Cup, that's for sure. Officially was in his homeland to train and recover; hopefully to find a new club in south america, I would add. He is now working apart from the group.
O tempora o mores

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » wo jun 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Russian teams have money that is a fact.Let's have Spartak pay the max for De Zeeuw.
Godenzonen

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo jun 29, 2011 2:13 pm

the new stek/roma skinny: apparently their bid was rejected and they do not appear to be coming back with another
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jun 29, 2011 2:18 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:the new stek/roma skinny: apparently their bid was rejected and they do not appear to be coming back with another
I wonder if we can convince Steks to accept a one year extension in return for a promise (secret of course) to try to find an acceptable offer for him. Otherwise we risk losing him on a Bosman. I think the problem is that there are just too many decent keepers around these days and teams don't have to pay Buffon-like transfer fees any longer.

EDIT- just see that De Gea is moving to ManU for €18 M; assuming he is the real deal and considering the age differential, Steks transfer value should be in the €12-14 M range.
Laatst gewijzigd door Orange14 op wo jun 29, 2011 2:21 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jun 29, 2011 2:19 pm

orange goblin schreef: - interest for Cvitanich (Boca Juniors)
- interest for Lodeiro (Flamengo, who is searching a striker also: dario in the deal too?)
- Bruno Silva, as far as I know, was aggregated to the national team of Uruguay. Not as a player for America's Cup, that's for sure. Officially was in his homeland to train and recover; hopefully to find a new club in south america, I would add. He is now working apart from the group.
I'm sure that River Plate are now looking for a bunch of new players! Maybe we can package them in a good deal there. :biggrin.gif:

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » wo jun 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Oh that is just cruel!! hahah
Godenzonen

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jun 29, 2011 8:05 pm

Found this little quote on the Soccernet Transfer Blog: Ajax manager Frank De Boer has expressed his hope that Jan Vertonghen will stay in Amsterdam. "There is nothing concrete in terms of interest from other clubs for Jan, Gregory van der Wiel and Maarten Stekelenburg," De Boer said. "Of course it would be a pain if this did come just before the transfer deadline. I therefore hope all three will stay on and realise we are building something good at Ajax."

Let's hope he convinces them to stay!!

Plaats reactie