General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Re: General Football Discussion

Bericht door Orange14 » di feb 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Don't hold your breath about Platini's fair play proposal evening things out for the Eredivisie. The SwissRamble has a good piece on how Chelsea can overcome the debt and qualify in spite of where things stand today: http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/02 ... lenge.html
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Hopefully Spurs will take 4th place from Chelsea this season and then with no CL next season Abramovich will probably leave and they will be in a finacial mess . At least that would stop them trying to pinch our youngsters.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » di feb 15, 2011 7:15 pm

i hate chelsea. and also manu. and real. i'm just waiting for the day when the world of soccer crashes, and all the nonsense with ridiculous transfer sums stops. i can't believe chelsea paid 50 million pounds for torres. money certainly doesn't buy what it used to. recently heard somewhere that dan petrescu's move to chelsea worth 2.3 mliion shattered some record. i think we even paid more for wielaert :drecul.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di feb 15, 2011 7:33 pm

As long as there is a cachet to owning an English football team nothing much will change. The television money is really what keeps the teams that don't have sugar daddy owners afloat. I'm just glad that we have someone with a solid background in finance writing about the folly of football. Truth be told, it isn't much different here in the US with our team sports though some of the leagues do have either revenue sharing or salary caps (both of which I believe are illegal under EU regulations). As SPL noted in his post, teams that develop a reliance on CL football revenues are destined for trouble if they don't qualify (witness Liverpool who may not qualify again this season). What Ajax really need to do is market the heck out the work they have done in China to get increasing visibility there.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo feb 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Another cautionary tale in child trafficking of footballers: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/st ... rs?cc=5901

The Purple Cow Again

Bericht door The Purple Cow Again » wo feb 16, 2011 6:55 pm

I've just watched Liverpool's 9 - 0 destruction of an admittedly hapless Southend United in the F.A. youth cup on LFC tv, and like everyone else watching I'm amazed at the skill and pace of the 16 year old Jamaican high-school student Raheem Sterling.

He scored five goals in this game, three from the left wing and two from the right. His second goal is a thing of beauty.

Here are brief highlights of the game

http://tinyurl.com/5so4pu4

Next week he may make his first team debut, at the age of 16 years and 69 days, making him their youngest ever first team player.

Just thought I would mention it.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Strange thing they are making a big issue about Ake, who signed an agreement before his 16th birthday, which I believe is this month , but wont join Chelsea until July whereas Bruma joined up with Chelsea in the summer of 2007 but was not 16 until the November .He is the only one who actually moved before his 16th birthday.

We are about to sign a young Swiss kid called Stefan Marinkovic and he is only 16 so it goes on everywhere.

Van Velzen is the only 16 year old we have lost to an EPL club ie Man U last summer but his parents were bought by Man U .I still think something needs to be done about signing under 18's.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di feb 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Kyle Ebecilio (Lorenzo's brother) signed a contract with Arsenal. He turned 17 last week. Article did not say what youth system he came up in but I never saw his name associated with Ajax.

Jinne
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Jinne » di feb 22, 2011 3:10 pm

He's from Feyenoord's academy.
He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Is he Lorenzo's brother? It has only ever been mentioned that Jeffrey Bruma is his cousin .He joined Arsenal last summer aged 16 .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 23, 2011 12:47 pm

SE6 Good win for Blackpool over Spurs last night

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo feb 23, 2011 3:50 pm

SPL schreef:SE6 Good win for Blackpool over Spurs last night
Yeah cheers, very happy with that. Brett Ormorod has now (finally) scored in all four divisions for the mighty 'Pool :kaboem: :onfire.gif:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mar 22, 2011 9:21 pm

If these guys cannot make money running a football club, what hope is there for Ajax????? http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... es?cc=5901

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr mar 25, 2011 9:41 am

A good read etc. about a towns football rivalry in the Netherlands

http://www.europeanfootballweekends.co.uk/
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma apr 04, 2011 9:48 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this. I was out yesterday so missed the game but watching now - a bit random I know but does anyone know why we had a Belgium referee?? Just curious, I've seen it done for really big games but not in the Eredivisie before unless my meory is playing tricks on me.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma apr 04, 2011 10:24 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:I wasn't sure where to post this. I was out yesterday so missed the game but watching now - a bit random I know but does anyone know why we had a Belgium referee?? Just curious, I've seen it done for really big games but not in the Eredivisie before unless my meory is playing tricks on me.
I know that Dutch referees are occasional sent to Belgium for punishment (happened to Kevin Blom this season). Can't answer the question you pose.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di apr 05, 2011 8:02 am

Perhaps cos too many Dutch referees are known to be Anti-Ajax?
So the nearest neutral they could find was in Belgium?
:confused.gif:
AJACIED

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di apr 05, 2011 2:20 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:I wasn't sure where to post this. I was out yesterday so missed the game but watching now - a bit random I know but does anyone know why we had a Belgium referee?? Just curious, I've seen it done for really big games but not in the Eredivisie before unless my meory is playing tricks on me.
It's been going on since 2004:

https://kr.uefa.com/news/newsid=145481.html
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di apr 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
It's been going on since 2004:

https://kr.uefa.com/news/newsid=145481.html
OK cheers, I wasn'y aware of that. I knew it happened in some countries, especially with the biggest games but hadn't seen it in the Eredivisie before and Sunday definately wasn't a big game anyway. Presumably only the Dutch speaking bit of Belgium unless the French speakers referee in English........

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo apr 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Hard luck for Inter yesterday. :icon_sad.gif: :hypocrite.gif: Too bad for Sneijder and Chivu.
But nice for Huntelaar and good old Charisteas. :maartoe.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » wo apr 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Hahahaha Charisteas!!! Never though he could play abroad again in my life... And now, Schalke humiliated Inter... GOD I love when Italians get trashed!! Now Chivu can make a return here
May the Force be with you

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do apr 28, 2011 6:14 pm

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma mei 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Still not sure if anyone's watching but here's some pictures from Aldershot Town v Burton Albion a couple of weeks ago. It's a League Two game so could only take a small camera. http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/nn40 ... 2QQtppZZ24

I was at Barnet v Port Vale on Saturday so will post them from there whern I get round to it.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 09, 2011 9:07 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:Still not sure if anyone's watching but here's some pictures from Aldershot Town v Burton Albion a couple of weeks ago. It's a League Two game so could only take a small camera. http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/nn40 ... 2QQtppZZ24

I was at Barnet v Port Vale on Saturday so will post them from there whern I get round to it.
Football as it was meant to be played!! Thanks for the pictures, who won the match?

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma mei 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Orange14 schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:Still not sure if anyone's watching but here's some pictures from Aldershot Town v Burton Albion a couple of weeks ago. It's a League Two game so could only take a small camera. http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/nn40 ... 2QQtppZZ24

Football as it was meant to be played!! Thanks for the pictures, who won the match?
Glad you like then - it was 2-1 to Burton (in white) and the game was actually between the 2009 and 2008 Conference (non-league) champions. Aldershot Town's 2008 promotion took them "back" into the football league 16 years after the original Aldershot FC went bankrupt, the reformed team team achieving five promotions in the time to give Aldershot league football again.

There's an interesting site about the original Aldershot team here http://aldershotfc.has.it/ and here's a history of the reformed team http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldershot_Town_FC

Plaats reactie