New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Jojo

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Jojo » vr jan 28, 2011 7:19 pm

So Luis is gone!!!! :tranen.gif: What now? (Except of drinking beer to ease the pain)

Van Wolfsvinkel, Matavž or someone else? Sure hope so.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jan 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Except of drinking beer to ease the pain
:biggthumpup.gif:

I would like Matavz, but some reports suggest napoli offered 7 millions for him..who knows..
I would also love Dost or van Wolswinkel, but they seemed colder names last days.
This is a very tricky move for ajax. very.
O tempora o mores

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr jan 28, 2011 7:27 pm

i want two players now, wolfswinkel and either a proper 2-way defensive midfielder or a new fancy winger
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr jan 28, 2011 7:35 pm

we should spend wisely! no need to keep money if we want to progress as a club
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 28, 2011 7:40 pm

We now have about 2 days to decide. We need a Pantelic type of striker.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jan 28, 2011 7:41 pm

I would say both Sercan Yildirim and Dost (3.5 millions according to his agent), but it will NEVER happen. so i suspect we'll go for a central forward with El Hamdaoui possibly winger.
consider also that we may need some backups for this and next season in other parts of the pitch: we need a lef footed LB (not my words, but De Boer's) as both Daley and Anita aren't (and Boilesen maybe its'not ready-is a CB) and most of all one young, strong right footed CB when oleguer and ooijer, if God wants, will finally see their contracts expire.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Anita is right footed but surely Daley is left footed!!
Have to say that if Daley got injured we would have no real standby except Anita which is clearly not acceptable. God help us but if Atouba is not leaving until the summer would we use him !!!!!

Jojo

Bericht door Jojo » vr jan 28, 2011 7:47 pm

orange goblin schreef: I would like Matavz, but some reports suggest napoli offered 7 millions for him..who knows...
Yeah, but in an interview a month ago he stated that he would prefer to stay in Eredivise (read: Ajax) for a few more years, to develop properly...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jan 28, 2011 9:35 pm

surely Daley is left footed!!
I think he is both-footed, not a natural left. But I can be wrong. The only thing that matters is ajax reinvesting properly this money, anyway. :blub.gif:
my top 3?
1. dost
2. matavz
3.van wolfswinkel
out of my chart that Yildirm.
O tempora o mores

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr jan 28, 2011 10:12 pm

I am still not convinced hamdaoui has the speed and pace to play winger :confused.gif:

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » vr jan 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Moneywise Bas Dost seems the most logical (and short-term available) player, those other will be expensive as hell...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 28, 2011 10:31 pm

And with 30m in our bank they will ask over the odds as we have less than 3 days to get someone.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr jan 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Yeah, but in an interview a month ago he stated that he would prefer to stay in Eredivise (read: Ajax) for a few more years, to develop properly...
would be awesome. a little off topic: I did not even know that matavz is from Sempeter-Vrtojba, just a few meters from my hometown gorizia!
O tempora o mores

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » za jan 29, 2011 11:56 am

I'm hoping Franky boy can pull something out of the bag regarding a striker. All the names being banded around are interesting, but he has to be a finisher if we're gonna push for the title.

Bring back 'The Hunter' Franky boy!! :biggrin.gif:

Also wouldn't mind a sneaky punt for Keisuke Honda and not just for marketing purposes, he was quality at VVV and I think he would suit us well (he also plays as a CF for Japan, even though it's more a 'false #9').
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » za jan 29, 2011 12:07 pm

I am not too sure that we are missing a striker. From what I have seen this season we have been fairly adept at taking the chances, but what we have missed in spades is creativity. Remember Suarez was more than just a goalscorer unlike say Huntelaar (but remember Huntelaar's goals to chances was not that great and he was not a creator either and in my opinion that that is why he has struggled abroad)
Suarez was a mobile player who could make space for himself and team mates. If we go for an out and out striker then we will still need an addition to the team of that creative playmaker.

I say save the money and develop our own.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Flipster81

Bericht door Flipster81 » za jan 29, 2011 2:04 pm

I think on the creative playmaker front we have Lodeiro, if he is ever fit enough, he looks an exciting prospect.

But another addition in that area might be a good thing, that's why I mentioned Honda in my previous post. We do need a striker, de Jong, although he has performed pretty well in the role is not a natural predator. I think for the way de Boer is asking our striker to play we need a player with a skill set similar to Roque Santa Cruz, a target man who is also a good finisher.
T.I.P.S.= Technique, insight, personality and speed, this is the Ajax way.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 29, 2011 2:39 pm

It looks like they want Bas Dost .

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za jan 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:I am not too sure that we are missing a striker. From what I have seen this season we have been fairly adept at taking the chances, but what we have missed in spades is creativity. Remember Suarez was more than just a goalscorer unlike say Huntelaar (but remember Huntelaar's goals to chances was not that great and he was not a creator either and in my opinion that that is why he has struggled abroad)
Suarez was a mobile player who could make space for himself and team mates. If we go for an out and out striker then we will still need an addition to the team of that creative playmaker.

I say save the money and develop our own.
Totally agree. I don't think we need to get a new striker. KJH scored tons of goals but was a total liability as a ball-winning, distributing forward. I have no problem with De Jong in that role with the understanding that his job is to win the ball, lay it off to Eriksen or the wings and get in position to finish. We still have a good finisher with El Hamdaoui, imo. I'd just as soon we kept our team intact and banked the money to keep ourselves in relatively good fiscal shape.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » za jan 29, 2011 4:09 pm

The only guy that can finish off surely is El H. De Jong is good but not for a target man, at least not to score. He is too slow sometimes, not so strong on other ocassions and so on. we need another good winger and somebody in defence? Maybe not exactly...

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » za jan 29, 2011 5:38 pm

SPL schreef:It looks like they want Bas Dost .
They can want him all they want but he just signed a 5 year deal in 2010 and they will not want to let him go. If they do, it will be costly and we don't want another Sulejmani deal. Besides, I think they are getting tired of us stealing their strikers.

He has 7 goals in 17 games which is not bad and he is fairly young but at what price would they let him go? Chelsea may be letting Drogba or Anelka go if they get Torres. I would accept them as suitable replacements, LOL!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » za jan 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Why am I under the impression, that the board sees urby, suarez and probably vdw's(hime not yet) departures, as a way to zero the debt??? I guess we are only getting 1 player when we already lost 2 starters.... Lets see what is going to happen

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za jan 29, 2011 5:52 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:
They can want him all they want but he just signed a 5 year deal in 2010 and they will not want to let him go. If they do, it will be costly and we don't want another Sulejmani deal. Besides, I think they are getting tired of us stealing their strikers.

He has 7 goals in 17 games which is not bad and he is fairly young but at what price would they let him go? Chelsea may be letting Drogba or Anelka go if they get Torres. I would accept them as suitable replacements, LOL!
I think they'll get him for about 4 million. That's doable, and very cost effective.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 29, 2011 6:47 pm

aveslacker schreef:
cdnajaxfan schreef:

I think they'll get him for about 4 million. That's doable, and very cost effective.
There is at least one report that an official request has been made by Ajax but that no price is yet mentioned and nothing will be done until after tomorrow's matches. I guess we all need to sit tight and see.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » za jan 29, 2011 11:27 pm

With Luis gone, I'd have thought I'd be panicking but I think Im used to us selling off the stars...do we have many left to sell? That being said I'm a lot calmer with Frankie boy at the helm as opposed to Jol. I reckon getting Dost would be good. In an ideal world we'd have him and Van Wolfswinkel with De jong up front haha I think we need to be looking to buy younger Dutch players.
Laatst gewijzigd door Ajaxfanuk op za jan 29, 2011 11:41 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » za jan 29, 2011 11:28 pm

aveslacker schreef:
cdnajaxfan schreef:

There is at least one report that an official request has been made by Ajax but that no price is yet mentioned and nothing will be done until after tomorrow's matches. I guess we all need to sit tight and see.[/quote]

If €4million, I'd gladly do the deal.

Not much out there available for that price. ATM, we do have ElHam but if he gets injured or goes through a lean spell, I don't think we have anyone of sufficient Klaas to step in *pun intended*. DeJong as many mentioned is NOT a number 9. Even as a 10, he's abit of a stretch.

For the moment ElHam as 9 is ok. Let's give him a chance.

I do feel a couple of wingers are necessary.
AJACIED

Plaats reactie