Luis Suárez

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Re: Luis Suárez

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma nov 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Chugger schreef:Really? For biting someone? He's lucky he doesn't get charged with assault as well. I mean, how stupid can you be as a professional footballer, knowing that there are probably 7 cameras pointing at you at any one time?

ummm "bite" is a wholly generous description... there ar no teeth marks, let alone actual broken skin

and setting aside horror tackles and elbows, which are FAR more harmful, bakkal stomped his foot, out of play... that is certainly not less dangerous and not less of an "assault"

by these standards, what is the AZ boot into stek's chest that cost us the title 3 years ago? "attempted murder"? give me a break

regardless of how stupid suarez is for this... and he is stupid for it... this suspension is a complete joke, a completely unfunny, ridiculous joke
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » di nov 30, 2010 12:55 am

OK, assault may be a bit over the top. And the whole thing looked like handbags from what (little) I've seen. But if you pardon my exaggeration, what I was trying to say is that if you 'lash out' when the ball's not in play, you can expect to cop a suspension.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di nov 30, 2010 1:33 am

Chugger schreef:OK, assault may be a bit over the top. And the whole thing looked like handbags from what (little) I've seen. But if you pardon my exaggeration, what I was trying to say is that if you 'lash out' when the ball's not in play, you can expect to cop a suspension.
For a good example of assault, Sergio Garcia's premeditated chop down of Messi tonight was a classic example. He did get a straight red card but it will be interesting to see how long he is suspended for.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 27, 2010 11:42 am

Our good mate Pizza 5 started a thread named Your Not Fit To Wear The Shirt [sic]. Should be You're Not Fit..., of course, but what the hey.

Pizza 5, good to see you here on Ajax Talk and thanks for your rant (brilliant as always), but I have moved it to the Luis Suárez thread. Here you go!
pizza 5 schreef:Thought I would start a new thread,tis Christmas Eve and I have already seen the film thats on TV.Over the last couple of months I think this applies to a couple of our current squad who have really dissapointed.Im not talking about how well they have or have not played,or how many goals they have scored,or how many assists they have laid on,Im talking about when they behave like a total cock and are an embarrasment to the club,our history and the famous shirt.I think with this thread there is only one place to start.........Luis Suarez.I have to admit that he is pretty prolific in front of goal,and stood up to the plate when the Hunter left,but since the summer he has become a major embarrassment.He has always been a diver falling about in the penalty box the minute anyone comes near him or there is a strong gust of wind.He then rolls around on the floor like he has been shot by a sniper, trying to con the ref.His behaviour got worse during the world cup when 100 millon viewers saw him cheating faking an injury,get sent off,then celebrate when Guan missed the penalty.He has continued to try and cheat his way through our domestic season,being booked for diving in the Milan away game when it would have been easier to score.Finally he now has a seven match ban for biteing a PSV player........biteing?.....what a twat.....he does have the teeth for it I admit,but come on bloody hell what an embarrassment to our club.It makes it worse that he is our captain.
Apparantley the wankers at Man.City are having a look at him,so lets take the 20 million and get rid of him.
And here are the reactions:

Alexander999 schreef:Mate ..what film are you talking about?
Is it about Football? Would like to know the name.

Cheers
and Merry Christmas :ajaxscarf.gif:

As for the Suarez issue mate ..I agree 100% I noticed it myself from the end of last season as well ...and I am sure that some Ajax board members have seen it and probably have the same thoughts.

The on field antics of Luis are definitely something that your skipper should not be doing not only at Ajax but at any club. Damn what kind of message if he showing and delivering to the young Ajax players, it's okay to con for a penalty? ....Not for me he has lost my respect during the WC and has continued to bring himself down to lower levels ever since.

The constant abuse towards ref's that he has been dishing out this season is embarrassing ....I just don't know if it is in the back of his mind to force a move from the club.

I wasn't a fan of Ibrahimovic either and in my opinion he is not the player that he thinks he is ...He had his chance to prove he is a top level player at the very top Barca and all he proved is that he can't cut it at the top level.

I would not be disappointed if Luis leaves , actually I would like him to go see if we can get 25m for him and that would be a great gift for the club this Christmas. But that 20m would be okay as well.

Cheers
bluedaddy19 schreef:1 - the only thing zlatan proved at barca was that he did not fit their system, and the guy has already well proven that he is a unique top level player... to say he cant cut it sounds personal, because it isnt even remotely accurate

2 - if you are ready to sell suarez for no more than 20M, then i am very thankful you do not make such decisions... the guy is not worth only what he gives in his low times, an he has every big spender on the planet fighting over him
aveslacker schreef:Somebody been hitting the eggnog?

Of all the players to choose for this honor, Suarez must certainly not be one of the first that comes to mind. I'm no fan of things like diving, but Suarez has produced for this club and been extremely loyal. When quite a few, if not most, other players would have taken the money and run, Suarez instead extended his contract. While in the modern game a lot of players profess their loyalty to their club only to turn and take the money when they get a good offer, Suarez actually walked the talk and stayed here. Sure, he can be a bit of a twat, but he has been a very good player and fought his heart out for this club. Can we say the same about some of the Ajax youth that have been through our club? Guys like Maduro and De Jong (and to a lesser extent Van Der Vaart) took the first bus out of here. Suarez didn't.

There's a pretty long list of guys that fit into the category of not being fit to wear the shirt. Sno, Wielaert, Luque, Koffour, Colin, Atouba, etc. No way does Suarez belong in that company.

And, at the risk of sounding like a grammar Nazi, can we please get a mod to change "your" to "you're" in the thread title?
666 schreef:Nah, let's leave it. Apparantley it fits nicely with the biteing and the dissapointed.
Over Pasanens Head schreef:Having watched Pizza 5 attempt to play football i think that he is just jealous :ajaxsmiley.gif:
philippe schreef:I certainly and totally disagree. I hate "divers" too. But more important than that, Suarez has always done his best, and is 100% loyal to the club. He just needed a break -for sure- after the WC-CL prelim round-Dutch league and CL. I trust F.de Boer will coach him right when he returns.
rjf1 schreef:I'm with pizza 5 on this one. I lost all respect for him during the WC, and the biting was the last straw.
philippe schreef:In an interview to El Pais, quoted in VI, he says he dreams about playing in Spain. So I guess he could leave Ajax soon.
Now, carry on gentlemen... It's a good discussion.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma dec 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Hmmm, pizza. :onfire.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » ma dec 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Good Evening Gentlemen,

A couple of bits,firstly Im sorry about the spelling and punctuation(?).English is not my first language so please bear with me.For the record the film was called the Holiday,some romantic crap.Anyway,thats my view of our captain,the sooner he goes the better.Also to my good mate K,I dont think this should have been moved to the Suarez section as this thread applies to several of our current squad,this was the first part of several.......coming soon,that tattooed patchwork ponce Van Der Weil.

Happy New Year....
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » za jan 15, 2011 2:57 am

Suarez may have used his hand in the WC but what he did was in the rules and he paid the price for it. It is not his problem the guy missed the Penalty kick. Sure, it might not have been the most sporting thing but all's fair in love and football, IMO. Suarez may be a bit of a whiner and diver, but so is Ronaldo. It does not mean that either one is not a great footballer skill-wise. I totally agree that he has stayed loyal (at least until now) and the biting incident just shows how passionate he is about his club, LOL!

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » za jan 15, 2011 7:51 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:Suarez may have used his hand in the WC.
:drecul.gif:
Sorry, sounds really funny to a dutch person.

On topic, I think Suarez' image would have been fine had he been less exuberant right after the African player missed his penalty.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » zo jan 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jan 16, 2011 11:58 pm

cdnajaxfan schreef:So much for Loyalty:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 22,00.html
Real money quote at the end of the article: And De Boer admitted: "I've a back-up scenario ready." Any takers on what the back up scenario is? Maybe Zlatan returning from Milan? Bergkamp coming out of retirement? Inquiring minds want to know!!!
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma jan 17, 2011 12:23 am

Orange14 schreef:

Real money quote at the end of the article: And De Boer admitted: "I've a back-up scenario ready." Any takers on what the back up scenario is? Maybe Zlatan returning from Milan? Bergkamp coming out of retirement? Inquiring minds want to know!!!
Yes I noticed that as well. Maybe Marco van Basten? He looked pretty good at Bergy's testimonial! Maybe we could recycle Klueivert as well?!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 17, 2011 1:31 am

cdnajaxfan schreef:
Orange14 schreef:

Yes I noticed that as well. Maybe Marco van Basten? He looked pretty good at Bergy's testimonial! Maybe we could recycle Klueivert as well?!
Kluivert is a better bet since he played with de Boer! :headbang.gif:

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma jan 17, 2011 4:32 am

jari?? :confused.gif:

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma jan 17, 2011 7:23 am

The Hunter home from the hill?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jan 17, 2011 7:36 am

Meh. This is exactly what he said last year and is not exactly a surprise. I wouldn't describe it as a loyalty issue. Suarez has always said that he's happy in Amsterdam but if a big club came calling he'd be willing to go. There is no real news here.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma jan 17, 2011 8:45 am

rjf1 schreef:The Hunter home from the hill?
Ruud van?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 17, 2011 1:28 pm

I hope you are all sitting down as the Mirror says we are after Eidur Gudjohnsen, now 32 and not a regular with Stoke . PSV want him as well .

ps the only thing I would believe printed in the Mirror is todays date.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 17, 2011 2:11 pm

SPL schreef: ps the only thing I would believe printed in the Mirror is todays date.
Even that is suspect on it's own; you need confirmation from a second source that they got it right.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 17, 2011 2:58 pm

Orange , yes I would check the date from another source

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma jan 17, 2011 4:23 pm

de telegraaf reporting that suarez is close to a move to liverpool. this was going to happen sooner or later. if we get anything less than 20 million euros, it would be a mistake to sell him. dear ajax management, please don't do another zlatan

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma jan 17, 2011 4:47 pm

I read somewhere that there was also an interesting offer: 32 mln for both suarez and emanuelson. If true I would say: go.
We seem after Vaclav Kadlec, a rated young central striker from Sparta Prague. time for El Hamdaoui to move on the winger to replace luis? or is Ebecilio our next star? who knows.
O tempora o mores

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » ma jan 17, 2011 4:58 pm

i would like to see tomas necid from cska, but maybe ajax are more looking for a winger

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jan 17, 2011 5:47 pm

orange goblin schreef:I read somewhere that there was also an interesting offer: 32 mln for both suarez and emanuelson. If true I would say: go.
We seem after Vaclav Kadlec, a rated young central striker from Sparta Prague. time for El Hamdaoui to move on the winger to replace luis? or is Ebecilio our next star? who knows.
32 million pounds?

I would take that in a heartbeat. Unless I'm mistaken that, combined with the money for making the Champions League group stage, would pretty much wipe out all of our debts. With the emphasis on youth (i.e. cheap) players, we could find ourselves in good financial shape - finally.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jan 17, 2011 5:51 pm

kezme44 schreef:i would like to see tomas necid from cska, but maybe ajax are more looking for a winger
I doubt we'll spend too much on a replacement. I don't think we need a big name at all, especially if we keep El Hamdaoui.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma jan 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Liverpool would not be a good choice for Luis : no CL.
Appie, stay strong !

Gesloten