New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

cdnajaxfan

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr aug 20, 2010 6:06 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:spanish paper marca says lukaku wants to join us over arsenal, real, barca and chelsea
That is because he is smart. For one, he will actually get playing time instead of sitting on a bench for years or being loaned out somewhere. Also, he can still learn things from our Academy.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma aug 23, 2010 2:48 pm

the latest:

mido is official
ajax is reportedly talking to former excelsior and vitesse goalie Graafland to be the 3rd keeper until Vermeer is back
ajax is reportedly interested in Ado den Haag winger Wesley Verhoek. not bad but..mmmmm...ajax material?
O tempora o mores

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma aug 23, 2010 11:12 pm

orange goblin schreef:the latest:

mido is official
ajax is reportedly talking to former excelsior and vitesse goalie Graafland to be the 3rd keeper until Vermeer is back
ajax is reportedly interested in Ado den Haag winger Wesley Verhoek. not bad but..mmmmm...ajax material?
What place did ADO finish in last year? Nuff Said!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 30, 2010 8:06 am

According to newspaper De Telegraaf Ajax have made a move for Roda JC forward (right winger, kind of) Anouar Hadouir.

There is no agreement yet.

Reportedly, Ajax offered Roda Mitchell Donald plus an extra fee, but Roda's technical director (a dude named Martin van Geel...) turned this offer down.

More news when it happens.

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma aug 30, 2010 8:18 am

Well, apparently the Hadouir affair has fallen down, with big regrets for the guy who already felt himself in an ajax shirt. It's possible that we have a new target.
This is the last day of the transfer period and I hope with all myself that we find the decent winger we miss from the departure of the old dear dennis rommedahl..will it be a long day like last year (with some last minute arrivals)?
O tempora o mores

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 31, 2010 5:32 pm

ajaxfans.net is reporting that we have signed Jordy Deckers for a year as cover, for the 3rd keeper's position.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di aug 31, 2010 5:47 pm

He trained some weeks before getting a contract. according to our official website, he is signed basically for Jong Ajax.
O tempora o mores

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Ajax netwerk are saying that we are about to sign Teemu Tainio and he is undergoing a medical right now. WTF :confused.gif:

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di aug 31, 2010 6:42 pm

Tainio is official. What to say...a central midfielder (left footed) 30 years old.
not the kind of signing we were expecting. A bit of experience maybe was needed (bonevacia is very good but a kid, eriksen is maybe too light to play as a number 8 especially at CL level, lindgren is costantly injured), but, hey: WHERE IS THE RIGHT WINGER??

ps: there was also a rumour about signing pennant. just a few minutes to imagine it, and the guy was contracted by stoke city on loan. :drecul.gif:
O tempora o mores

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 31, 2010 8:11 pm

Did Jol promise these ex-Tottenham kids some retirement benefits when we was there? He has already signed 4 ex-Tottenham folks who played for them when he was a coach there.

There's about 50 more players who played for Tottenham in that period to select from I guess. :confused.gif:

I guess we will be signing Steed Malbranque for our backup right wing spot.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 31, 2010 8:41 pm

Well we really need another midfielder.

Given that Anita Vertonghen and Blind are defenders who started as defensive midfield plus Lindgren, de Zeeuw , de Jong,Lindgren, Urby , Eriksen, Lodeiro, Donald,Bonevacia,Enoh, and even Sno . So we have 15 midfielders out of about 29 first teamers.

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » di aug 31, 2010 8:51 pm

We could have tried playing Blind as holding midfielder.

Have read that Ajax and Stoke were for Jermaine Pennant. Checked wiki for that... Well they say he is at Stoke.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 31, 2010 9:16 pm

SPL schreef:Well we really need another midfielder.

Given that Anita Vertonghen and Blind are defenders who started as defensive midfield plus Lindgren, de Zeeuw , de Jong,Lindgren, Urby , Eriksen, Lodeiro, Donald,Bonevacia,Enoh, and even Sno . So we have 15 midfielders out of about 29 first teamers.
He used to play in mid-field during his playing days. I guess that's why he wants to have at least 1 dozen for 3 spots.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » di aug 31, 2010 11:31 pm

orange goblin schreef:... but, hey: WHERE IS THE RIGHT WINGER??

i think you are spot-on about the tainio move, but you may also recall that mido can play as a winger and actually often did coming up with us... some of his best ajax matches were at right wing

i know that's not the rommedahl type jol spoke of, but it is something, especially against a small left back that can be shoved around (who is it that plays there for real madrid again?)
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » wo sep 01, 2010 12:01 am

Funnily I remember people on here moaning last year when we signed another midfielder in De Zeeuw saying that we did not need another midfielder and then forgetting about that after a few appearances.

Doesnt appear to be that silly signing when you actually analyse it properly. Yes we have a lot of midfielders but one hell of a lot of them are attacking midfielders and provide no cover when the like of Enoh or De Zeeuw are injured or suspended, as was witnessed recently. When Enoh was injured we definitely looked a far poorer team and have done so in the past when he is not there. De Zeeuw also in not exactly setting things alight and looks jaded to me.

With Lindgren out injured often I seen no harm in having some experienced cover in defensive midfield position or someone who might be able to cover in full back position occassionally. Tainio has also played full back at right postion for Birmingham last year and Spurs in the past.

Of course disappointed we did not buy a right winger but I am confident we have a squad capable of what really is important this year - the winning of the Eredivisie title. A nice CL run would be nice but lets concentrate on being No 1 in Netherlands first.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

jamie

Bericht door jamie » wo sep 01, 2010 4:08 am

bluedaddy19 schreef:
orange goblin schreef:... but, hey: WHERE IS THE RIGHT WINGER??

i think you are spot-on about the tainio move, but you may also recall that mido can play as a winger and actually often did coming up with us... some of his best ajax matches were at right wing
I don't really agree with you. Mido started of playing as a left winger when he first joined Ajax. But he didn't do very well as a winger. Afterward he played some games as striker and those were the games he played his best football for Ajax. That kind of lead to interest from teams abroad. I don't really remember him playing as a right winger.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo sep 01, 2010 7:30 am

The way i see it is; we have a long season ahead, and players like this are good for the smaller games, and also we have a young squad. His age/experience on the pitch and the training ground should be a good influence.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo sep 01, 2010 12:27 pm

I thought we were going to sign De Ridder on loan for right winger? Or did his trial fail?

Unfortunate that Beerens costs too much, he would've been great
Get a Cock

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do sep 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Drumroll.....we have signed yet another keeper - Ronald Graafland. :confused.gif:

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do sep 02, 2010 7:47 pm

Two or three thoughts:

1-I must confess I was hoping that De Ridder could still be released from Wigan and join us as a free agent at any moment, but quite surprisingly he is in the official squad list of Lactics. At least for now. They were available to loan him for free but the last day of the transfer campaign they asked for money.

2-As for Graafland, the rumour is running from some days now (he apparently has sustained medical on monday), but strangely Ajax has not confirmed yet. Matter of time, anyway.

What can we say? Personally, with Vermeer out until january/february it would be a good choice to have a 3rd experienced goalie. This idea makes me sleep better, and even better if we won't need to have him or Verhoven (who I find a very good keeper) on the pitch. Nothing against them, simply that Steeks is on fire.
Deckers and Bizot will struggle in the Jong team.

3-Other funny news is that our loanee Bruno Silva revealed that Jol wanted him back at Ajax, but it was too late. so be prepared to welcome him in january (and to loan or degradate to reserves some youngster)
O tempora o mores

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr sep 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Tainio from what I've seen and read is a useful hand to have. He was the number 10 at Auxerre. Went to Spurs and played around the midfield and even at right full back. So we know he's flexible and pretty intelligent as a player. Our current midfield trio of Siem, Demy and Eyong is pretty good but none of them would be described as an intelligent player.

Jol does know what Tainio can do and he will deploy this Finn in the right way.
I suspect as backup for Gregory from time to time and to replace Siem in tighter games to lock the midfield down.
AJACIED

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do sep 09, 2010 1:24 pm

http://www.ajax.nl/Nieuws/Nieuwsarchief ... afland.htm

Finally we have our 3d (4th) keeper: Ronald Graafland.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do sep 09, 2010 7:26 pm

I think we needed to sign an experienced 3rd goalie as Bizot would have been 3rd choice and he has not even played for the Jong until last month . I do hope Bizot gets plenty of Jong games as an U19 int he clearly is one of the best youngsters around. Last season he hardly played any games .

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo sep 15, 2010 11:46 am

jamie schreef: I don't really remember him playing as a right winger.

yup, he sure did and had some very good games there... of course that was nearly a decade ago now, but still
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di okt 05, 2010 12:35 pm

would be tough, but Keisuke Honda wants to leave in january, he would definitely be a good signing
Get a Cock

Plaats reactie