New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 09, 2010 4:17 pm

VFB Stuttgart and Sampadoria are also after Weiss. He's apparently a big talent according to many people, but couldn't get regular football at Birmingham(on loan from Man City) last year.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 09, 2010 4:50 pm

WTF - Ajax.nl just confirmed that we signed Ooijer

http://ajax.nl/Nieuws/Laatste-nieuws/Ni ... Ooijer.htm

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » ma aug 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Terrible news, they've completely lost it :00001595.gif:

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Feyenoord called - they want their Master Plan (of signing 35 year olds) back.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma aug 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Amol schreef:VFB Stuttgart and Sampadoria are also after Weiss. He's apparently a big talent according to many people, but couldn't get regular football at Birmingham(on loan from Man City) last year.

you mean bolton... he had 13 apperances in a half-season loan
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 09, 2010 7:33 pm

....you are right of course. Shows how much attention I pay to the EPL.

Have you seen him play - is he any good?

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di aug 10, 2010 6:32 am

it seems that after ooijer and (not fixed yet) mido, daniel de ridder will be the next "new" boy in amsterdam. he'll train with first team from wednesday and, if he will convince Jol, come on loan from wigan.
O tempora o mores

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » di aug 10, 2010 7:41 am

i dont think that the two signings are that bad.. fair enough andre is 35(ish??) but we have a young defence really, and someone like him to offer them a bit of leadership and experience is always (well more often than not) a good thing. He played well in the world cup when he came on, especially at such short notice. and to be fair id much prefer play him at the back than some of the riff raff we have or have had, (a certain ex twente player springs to mind).

im also not that fussed about Mido, if he can be motivated, and can get some fitness back then why not?

he did well for us before and not too bad under jol at tottenham to be honest. but as pointed out on here before, hes not the player he once was.

:ajaxscarf.gif:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di aug 10, 2010 10:01 am

All these three transfers seem sensible to me. Nothing extraordinary, and no big money spent. Ooijer makes sense since we had to strengthen our defense. They all seem rather temporary, and I doubt any of them will still be Ajax in 1 year time.
The main issue now is to keep our best players until the transfer period is over.
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 10, 2010 2:33 pm

orange goblin schreef:it seems that after ooijer and (not fixed yet) mido, daniel de ridder will be the next "new" boy in amsterdam. he'll train with first team from wednesday and, if he will convince Jol, come on loan from wigan.
I suppose that's the way to go with De Ridder: test him first and (if Jol likes what he sees) offer him a one year (!!) deal (and not too much money).

K.
Still alive...

Think14
Contacteer:

Bericht door Think14 » di aug 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Looks like the Mido transfer will finally happen within a couple of days. Not bad I suppose, like Ooijer, he is just going to be backup. There is no way he will start over Suarez/El Hamdaoui, so he will probably be a bit-part player.

As for de Ridder, I'm not convinced. I'm glad we are putting him through a trial first. He was crap at Wigan and couldn't touch the field, although maybe he will revive his career in Holland...we'll see.

www.think14.squarespace.com --- leave comments and let me know what you think... I need to know if people are interested in order to keep running the site! :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di aug 10, 2010 6:02 pm

I still think Ajax needs to break the bank, and sign a left back, as I said M'Bengue of Toulouse is the answer there. as for Ooijer, Im rather pleased with him coming on board, I still feel we need one more experienced defender (Yes Im thinking of Boulahrouz, not sure if he would consider it or how much he would cost). Also left side of the midfield, Im ok with Lingren (but I hope we finally sell Sarpong to Real Sociedad), however, I think we need to raid AZ one last time and sign influential midfielder Stijn Schaars. As for the attack, forget de Ridder, sign Roy Beerens! :headbang.gif:

Thats all I have to say.

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » di aug 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Think14 schreef:Looks like the Mido transfer will finally happen within a couple of days. Not bad I suppose, like Ooijer, he is just going to be backup. There is no way he will start over Suarez/El Hamdaoui, so he will probably be a bit-part player.

As for de Ridder, I'm not convinced. I'm glad we are putting him through a trial first. He was crap at Wigan and couldn't touch the field, although maybe he will revive his career in Holland...we'll see.

http://www.think14.squarespace.com --- leave comments and let me know what you think... I need to know if people are interested in order to keep running the site! :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Looks good, keep it up!
Ayman schreef:I still think Ajax needs to break the bank, and sign a left back, as I said M'Bengue of Toulouse is the answer there. as for Ooijer, Im rather pleased with him coming on board, I still feel we need one more experienced defender (Yes Im thinking of Boulahrouz, not sure if he would consider it or how much he would cost). Also left side of the midfield, Im ok with Lingren (but I hope we finally sell Sarpong to Real Sociedad), however, I think we need to raid AZ one last time and sign influential midfielder Stijn Schaars. As for the attack, forget de Ridder, sign Roy Beerens! :headbang.gif:

Thats all I have to say.
Are you insane? A left back: maybe. The others: hell no! We have LIndgren, Enoh and De Zeeuw to play midfield and Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Oleguer and Ooijer to play defense.

Beerens: only if he was free, which he is not.

We have NO MONEY.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di aug 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Are you insane? A left back: maybe. The others: hell no! We have LIndgren, Enoh and De Zeeuw to play midfield and Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Oleguer and Ooijer to play defense.

Beerens: only if he was free, which he is not.

We have NO MONEY.

Well, hey! send Urby to PSV, then there is a chance

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo aug 11, 2010 7:33 am

Ayman, regarding boula... he stated in the winter transfer window that he was more than happy to come to ajax, even to play basically for free, but ajax didnt want to take him with his injury... :confused.gif:

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » wo aug 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Amol schreef:....you are right of course. Shows how much attention I pay to the EPL.

he looks like a real comer, yeah

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do aug 12, 2010 12:56 pm

De Ridder and Mido, seriously?! I thought that was a bad dream and that Ajax had come to their senses.

Might as well bring back Davids, Overmars, Kluivert, Bergkamp,the De Boers, and Blind. I heard that they are all available on a free transfer and 3 of them we already employ! Any of them would do a better job as well! :drecul.gif:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do aug 12, 2010 7:50 pm

Under the circumstances we are in i think that overall the board has done a good job, the players that are coming are all low risk-high reward transfers, and the only transfer that has cost us a significant amount of money already showed what he can do at the Euroborg. Keep in mind that the board already said their was not going to be a shopping spree this year. If we want to have big signings first we must get into the group stage of the Champs league and win the once and for all the Eredivisie.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr aug 13, 2010 1:45 am

Since Ajax are on this old boys spree, I'd say we go for Maduro and DeJong.

Maduro has been warming the bench for yonks at the Mastella. And Nigel despite being 1st choice for the Oranje, may well find himself benched this year at City.

Adding those 2 to our lineup may well be better than adding Mido.
AJACIED

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr aug 13, 2010 9:40 am

Sensation that Jordy Deckers will be/has been contracted as 4-5th(!) goalie. His picture appeared here.

http://ajaximages.com/imagebank/flex/im ... ode=search
O tempora o mores

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 13, 2010 12:28 pm

ofey schreef:Since Ajax are on this old boys spree, I'd say we go for Maduro and DeJong.

Maduro has been warming the bench for yonks at the Mastella. And Nigel despite being 1st choice for the Oranje, may well find himself benched this year at City.

Adding those 2 to our lineup may well be better than adding Mido.
Actually Maduro saw a lot of action last season as a central defender and by the latter stages was starting. Apparently the rumor is that he will be moved back to midfield this season as the club switches to a 4-3-3. This was one of the reasons that BvM had him come on in that position last Tuesday against Ukraine. I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch during that part of the match and it was good to see him do well. I doubt he is coming back to Amsterdam (unless it's in an Oranje kit) any time soon.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do aug 19, 2010 6:03 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
Amol schreef:....you are right of course. Shows how much attention I pay to the EPL.

he looks like a real comer, yeah

Rangers have taken Man City winger Vladimir Weiss on a season long loan.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr aug 20, 2010 1:01 pm

A piece of rumours: Ajax want (or 'wants' - ?) Jiri Bernard, tallented 18-year-old player from Czech Republic. Dutch media say that he was on a one week trial in Amsterdam and looked really good. He was also on a trial in SCH.

And now something big but - IMHO - unreal: Ajax is looking to buy Romelu Lukaku, one of the most tallented strikers in Europe. He is 17 and he's just became top scorer in Belgium. As I read, Ajax cannot pay big money to Anderlecht, but a few mln euro plus 50% from the next transfer.
Laatst gewijzigd door AsgAarD_xxx op vr aug 20, 2010 3:48 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr aug 20, 2010 2:01 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef: And now something big but - IMHO - unreal: Ajax is looking to buu Romelu Lukaku, one of the most tallented strikers in Europe. He is 17 and he's just became top scorer in Belgium. As I read, Ajax cannot pay big money to Anderlecht, but a few mln euro plus 50% from the next transfer.

spanish paper marca says lukaku wants to join us over arsenal, real, barca and chelsea

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr aug 20, 2010 3:42 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
AsgAarD_xxx schreef: And now something big but - IMHO - unreal: Ajax is looking to buu Romelu Lukaku, one of the most tallented strikers in Europe. He is 17 and he's just became top scorer in Belgium. As I read, Ajax cannot pay big money to Anderlecht, but a few mln euro plus 50% from the next transfer.

spanish paper marca says lukaku wants to join us over arsenal, real, barca and chelsea

I read this on Marca and goal.com yesterday but couldn't get myself to believe in it.

Plaats reactie