New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Think14
Contacteer:

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door Think14 » wo jul 28, 2010 2:23 pm

We have had a 20+ million euro loss, but that is without selling players, which we have been doing for years as a means of managing the books and funding expenses. it sounds bad, but will be quickly made up with champions league and one main player moving on.

www.think14.squarespace.com

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo jul 28, 2010 5:38 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

This is dragging on too long!!!

Has anyone anything new to add?

Is El Hamdaoui really going to come to Ajax?

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

acab

Bericht door acab » do jul 29, 2010 10:31 am

Some news from Bulgaria - the papers here write, that Ajax scouts were watching the game between Liteks (bulgarian equivalent of psv) and Zilina (Slovakia). Thay seems to liked Litex' winger Tom. He's brazilian and he sucks. The good news is, that thay also liked Ivelin Popov and he's really a good striker. But anyway, this transfers will not happen until the winter...or never

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » do jul 29, 2010 12:21 pm

SaddlerIan schreef::ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

This is dragging on too long!!!

Has anyone anything new to add?

Is El Hamdaoui really going to come to Ajax?

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
No, almost certainly not.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jul 29, 2010 12:34 pm

I don't want to hear about any new transfers until they are signed sealed and delivered in Amsterdam. This saga with el Hamdaoui and Mido is tiresome, sickening, yada, yada, yada.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jul 30, 2010 4:03 pm

Gai Assulin (is/was supposed to be new Messi) was released by Barcelona this summer. I saw a few videos and came away impressed. He could be the answer for our wings. Anyone here know any Ajax scouts?

I read rumours that Turkish Airlines, which is one of Barcelona's sponsors, was pissed off that Barcelona were going to keep an Israeli kid in the squad.

Tottenham and Blackburn are apparently thinking of signing the kid.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr jul 30, 2010 4:41 pm

If Barcelona not extended his contract, it means that he is not a new Messi ;). I'm afraid that he is even not a new Jeffren Suarez...
On the other hand - he couldn't be very bad if he joined Barcelona a few years ago, so maybe Ajax could test him?

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » zo aug 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Have just read a rumour about possible Leonardo return... :blush.gif: :confused.gif: That's just crazy.

May be it's better to keep Sulejmani as a back-up. He will get many minutes on the field considering our squad problems and general lack of bench for our mighty forward line.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 02, 2010 12:20 am

Leonardo now that is joke . We get rid of the guy on a free and then look to sign him a year later. He has a 3 year contract still and NAC will want money for him plus do we want to be saddled with him for 3 years !!

If we get knocked out of the CL this week then we may as well promote from the youth Josefzoon and Ozbilz also Ebecilio are wide players I would rather they were stuck in the squad.

I know you will all laugh but we have not won the league for 6 years and get no where in the CL qualifiers , we have a youth system so lets just take players from there . The current Jong contain several of the best U 19's in the country what have we to lose ?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma aug 02, 2010 3:36 am

I agree completely. The Leonardo transfer is a joke if it really happens. I'm all for giving first team action to Ozbiliz and Josefzoon rather than getting Leonardo back.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 02, 2010 11:44 am

They want Blind on loan !!

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » ma aug 02, 2010 4:30 pm

norwegian reports say we have asked about brann winger erik husklepp
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Leo-f**king-nardo...?

With all due respect, folks at Ajax, but we were not going to do that anymore, right? Here's the policy (and I'm not making it up; it's what you said yourselves). We buy only two types of players:

1. players that are rather expensive, but can really lift the team to a next level (relatively 'big' purchases, players that are 'something special')

2. young, very gifted players who can develop at Ajax

No more mediocre players on the cheap. And that includes no players that we dumped ourselves! (Leonardo, De Ridder)

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Trying to work out which bracket Sulejmani comes in !

I 100% agree with Ko's post , just adding some mischief.

I am dismayed that Ajax can consider rejects like Leonardo and de Ridder also de Mul .
In the Dutch U21 the left winger is Goossens , I still think he was disgarded without being given a chance.

I am glad no one has so far called me a clown ( feel free if you want to I wont take offence) when I posted I would rather have Josefzoon, Ebecilio and Ozbiliz. If we can find a real talent then yes sign him but if not I will keep my rose coloured specs on and go for youth . Arsene Wenger still believes we
produce talent ,he would take a few of the young kids if he could .

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 03, 2010 12:23 am

Keep Blind and say no to Leonardo . Re: Sulejmani, he was productive at Heerenveen . The problem is Ajax overpaid for him. As for Mido, ancient effin history which doesn't need to be re-written.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » di aug 03, 2010 3:47 am

For me personally I want players in the Ajax 1st team to be playing if they are worthy of a 1st team jersey, irrespective of whether they are bought in or come through the youth system. When we have to play guys like Sulejmani and Suk just now it is not only a bad reflection on our buying policy but also on the lack of talent that our youth system is producing too that we dont not have players of a standard to replace these 2.

Sulejmani has had many many chances to prove himself and cant justify a regular starting place in the team never mind his large transfer fee. There comes a time when Ajax just have to admit they made a massive mistake in buying him and dump him. As for Suk his story upto now might sound like a fairytale but from what I have seen of him he is still way short of being deserving of a first team place.

These 2 along leave big question marks over our youth policy at this current moment. Obviously Jol does not see anyone of a standard fit to replace them which is sad. The fact we are after rejects in Leonardo, De Ridder and De Mul doesnt say much about either our signing policy or our youth development.

SPL mentions Goosens playing for the Dutch U21s he played 2 times, hardly a reason for giving him a starting berth in the 1st team. He is now playing midfield anyway. Even Sno managed to get into the full Dutch squad at one stage. The bigger question to be asked about Goosens is how someone who looked so good for the Dutch u17s years ago has not progressed. Was it because of the coaching or was it because he had peaked at an early age as many many young player do. The world is littered with players who flatter to deceive at a young age and never make it.

Arsene Wenger and Arsenal are mentioned too but how many young players going through that club actually make it. For every one who become a first team regular there are many discarded who never make it at the highest level.

SPL, no disrepect meant here but going on about playing youth in the 1st team is all very well when you haven't forked out the money to attend games. My friends and myself have forked out nearly Eur 2,300 this year for our 5 season tickets and that is to watch a winning Ajax team irrespective of where they came from or at least watch 11 players who deserve to be called Ajacied. I would love to see an Ajax team made out of our so-called wonderful youth system but in the real world that is never going to happen soon or ever again. Our best players since Sneider left have all been bought in players - Huntelaar, Suarez etc. Ajax are like every other big club going charge a lot of money and those who go to games expect for that money to see good football and a winning team. Many people have rose tinted specs when it comes to Ajax esp with wonderful notions about the players we produce through the youth system but unfortunately those years are well gone. It is all very well to produce great players like Sneijder etc who go onto big success in other countries but people cannot be expected year after year to spend a lot of hard earned cash watching Ajax without at least seeing success in terms of Eredvisies on a semi regular basis. Very few of the big players who came through our youth system recently showed much loyalty to the club, leaving for bigger wages at the first opportunity without repaying the fans with League titles. Are money paying fans expected to show the same loyalty all the time. Being loyal to a club is one thing but being pissed upon continuously by money grabbers is another.

This season I think is a pivotal one for Ajax. 40,000 plus people have renewed season cards and I would say the vast majority is not out of complete blind loyalty but because after the end to last season they believed that at last after 6 barren years we finally would have a team who could return the Eredivisie to the club. Should Ajax fail then I finally think that number will fall dramatically. We might have sold more than 40,000 season cards each season for the last 6-7 years but the number of empty seats at every home game bar the so called big games is testament to how many actually want to be there to watch the fare or lack of it on show. And signing players already rejected is not going to help.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di aug 03, 2010 4:33 am

jamcocteau schreef:For me personally I want players in the Ajax 1st team to be playing if they are worthy of a 1st team jersey, irrespective of whether they are bought in or come through the youth system. When we have to play guys like Sulejmani and Suk just now it is not only a bad reflection on our buying policy but also on the lack of talent that our youth system is producing too that we dont not have players of a standard to replace these 2.

Sulejmani has had many many chances to prove himself and cant justify a regular starting place in the team never mind his large transfer fee. There comes a time when Ajax just have to admit they made a massive mistake in buying him and dump him. As for Suk his story upto now might sound like a fairytale but from what I have seen of him he is still way short of being deserving of a first team place.

These 2 along leave big question marks over our youth policy at this current moment. Obviously Jol does not see anyone of a standard fit to replace them which is sad. The fact we are after rejects in Leonardo, De Ridder and De Mul doesnt say much about either our signing policy or our youth development.

SPL mentions Goosens playing for the Dutch U21s he played 2 times, hardly a reason for giving him a starting berth in the 1st team. He is now playing midfield anyway. Even Sno managed to get into the full Dutch squad at one stage. The bigger question to be asked about Goosens is how someone who looked so good for the Dutch u17s years ago has not progressed. Was it because of the coaching or was it because he had peaked at an early age as many many young player do. The world is littered with players who flatter to deceive at a young age and never make it.

Arsene Wenger and Arsenal are mentioned too but how many young players going through that club actually make it. For every one who become a first team regular there are many discarded who never make it at the highest level.

SPL, no disrepect meant here but going on about playing youth in the 1st team is all very well when you haven't forked out the money to attend games. My friends and myself have forked out nearly Eur 2,300 this year for our 5 season tickets and that is to watch a winning Ajax team irrespective of where they came from or at least watch 11 players who deserve to be called Ajacied. I would love to see an Ajax team made out of our so-called wonderful youth system but in the real world that is never going to happen soon or ever again. Our best players since Sneider left have all been bought in players - Huntelaar, Suarez etc. Ajax are like every other big club going charge a lot of money and those who go to games expect for that money to see good football and a winning team. Many people have rose tinted specs when it comes to Ajax esp with wonderful notions about the players we produce through the youth system but unfortunately those years are well gone. It is all very well to produce great players like Sneijder etc who go onto big success in other countries but people cannot be expected year after year to spend a lot of hard earned cash watching Ajax without at least seeing success in terms of Eredvisies on a semi regular basis. Very few of the big players who came through our youth system recently showed much loyalty to the club, leaving for bigger wages at the first opportunity without repaying the fans with League titles. Are money paying fans expected to show the same loyalty all the time. Being loyal to a club is one thing but being pissed upon continuously by money grabbers is another.

This season I think is a pivotal one for Ajax. 40,000 plus people have renewed season cards and I would say the vast majority is not out of complete blind loyalty but because after the end to last season they believed that at last after 6 barren years we finally would have a team who could return the Eredivisie to the club. Should Ajax fail then I finally think that number will fall dramatically. We might have sold more than 40,000 season cards each season for the last 6-7 years but the number of empty seats at every home game bar the so called big games is testament to how many actually want to be there to watch the fare or lack of it on show. And signing players already rejected is not going to help.
bull's eye !!! Fucking well said my friend and damn right to boot. The fans need to be heard and respected and this new ajax is a freaking circus....the board must come to its senses even if its the hard way. It pisses me off being in Venezuela, i just cant imagine how it feels to be paying to see it....the fans need to remind the people up top that we are AJAX !!! for christ sake...we are a football club....a team that looks to win trophies not just produce players for a profit !!! us fans dont give a rats ass about the profits...we just want to see a winning team that plays good football !!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 03, 2010 11:10 am

I did say I wear rose coloured specs.

I only mentioned Goossens as I noticed he was just picked in the Dutch U21 squad and thought that he had never been given any chance but must still be a prospect.He is the same age as Sarpong ,who is not in that squad.

I do realise it is easy for me to comment when I only watch the games on the net and not pay money like you .

I am not sure too many supporters (you who pay money) let along armchair fans from Uk ,like me , really think de Ridder, de Mul or Leonardo should be bought back and I was just pointing out that
I would rather see one or 2 of the young wingers get a chance in the squad rather than bring back old rejects.

I still think our youth system is working as the regular team last season was Steks, V dWiel, Alderweireld,Vertonghen, Anita, de Jong ,Urby so that is 7 from the youth system. (Yes I know there are 2 flemish guys there but they joined at 16 and Antwerp is basically local in terms of recruitment)

The big thing about youth is that they are always great talents at 17 but by 20 they do not develop,
and only 1 or 2 from each age group ever make it .

Rather than sign dross which we have done for too long I would rather see youth players getting a chance in the squad. Bonevacia at 18 seems a real talent and Bouy, just 17 also.

Ajax need to scout better and pick up young talent from abroad cheaply . Eriksen and possibly Boilesen
are good recent examples .They need to pick up more talent cheaply who are ready for the first team.

Ps. these are the ramblings of an ageing englishman , who fell in love with Ajax and the myth of its youth and still wears rose coloured specs!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 03, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm as frustrated as everyone else on this board (and maybe the one with the longest affiliation, going back to 1973 when I saw my first match while visiting cousins in Amsterdam). The fundamental problem right now is basically financial. We are not in critical shape as our much disliked neighbors in Rotterdam are (I'm amazed they have not been sanctioned by the Football Association as have other teams this summer) but do have to watch over our €s. The blunt fact is that outside of the English, Spanish, and Italian Leagues (and several teams in Germany and Russia) every other team in Europe needs to sell players in order to survive. Do you think Werder wants to lose Ozul or Suttgart wanted to let Khedeira leaver? Look at poor Aston Villa or Everton who have great managers and talented players but have to sell or lose players as they can't pay top drawer wages. Until there is real reform within UEFA on salaries (and a policy that fits within the EU anti-competitive guidelines) nothing will change. The current Board and van den Boog realize this; we don't like it; but it is reality (and to quote the movie title, some times "Reality Bites"). The Bosman ruling, high TV revenues (for some leagues) and the presence of "sugar daddy" owners have changed things irretrievably. Perhaps we should go looking for an billionaire to take over the club and provide all the money for transfers the way ManCity have gone (even then there is no assurance of success).

It is all so sad but I still put on the Red and White kit to go for my morning walks (and occasionally don the NT Orange). Don't even ask about my home club, DC United. They are dead last in the table and it is only fortunate that we don't yet have relegation here in the MLS.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di aug 03, 2010 11:37 pm

SPL schreef:
I still think our youth system is working as the regular team last season was Steks, V dWiel, Alderweireld,Vertonghen, Anita, de Jong ,Urby so that is 7 from the youth system. (Yes I know there are 2 flemish guys there but they joined at 16 and Antwerp is basically local in terms of recruitment)
But these players aren't anything really special - could you name one that would have got into the mid 90's team or even the one ruined by Mr Koeman in the early noughties?

The history of Ajax since the 60's has always fluctuated from the absolute sublime to the absolute crap and back again. We are currently in the absolute crap part of the cycle. The only differences this time around are that we expect more and that the supporters are being fcheated by the club.

Expect nothing then everything else is a bonus.

As I have said before we need a group of class players coming through at the same time not in drips and drabs. Problem would then be sorted - easy peasey !!!!!!

Its about time you made it over to Amsterdam SPL - there is a beer there with your name on it :headbang.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 03, 2010 11:47 pm

I have to make it this season no more excuses.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo aug 04, 2010 1:02 pm

I've just read that Ajax think of exchange: Aissati goes to PSV, Amrabat to Ajax.
But it looks that PSV board says 'no'.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » wo aug 04, 2010 2:37 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:I've just read that Ajax think of exchange: Aissati goes to PSV, Amrabat to Ajax.
But it looks that PSV board says 'no'.
apparently so, really annoying when we have a player in our youth academy then let them go cos theyre "not good enough" then try to buy them back... but i guess we did it to PSV with huntelaar... :drecul.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 04, 2010 6:31 pm

leonardo is not coming either . NAC and Ajax could not do a deal evidently. What relief.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo aug 04, 2010 9:03 pm

2 players from Ajax Cape Town are on one week trial at Ajax.
21-year old striker Doutie and 20-year old midfielder Serero.

Plaats reactie