Basketball

F1, tennis, schaatsen, wielrennen en nog veel meer.

Moderator: mods

jabu

Bericht door jabu » ma jan 03, 2005 10:02 am

De Suns en zeker ook Stoudemire zijn echt ongelofelijk bezig :worshippy:
Stoudemire puts up Phoenix's fifth 50-point game

Watching Amare Stoudemire score 50 points against the Portland Trail Blazers reminded teammate Quentin Richardson of one of the NBA's greatest players.

"Amare Stoudemire looked like Wilt Chamberlain," Richardson said after the Suns' 117-98 victory over the Trail Blazers on Sunday night.

With the crowd of 18,166 cheering wildly in the final minutes as Stoudemire approached the 50-point mark, the fans got their wish with 43.2 seconds remaining when the young Suns' phenom scored on a 15-foot turnaround jump shot to hit the half-century mark.

"I wasn't thinking about (scoring 50)," Stoudemire said. "I heard one of the fans say 46, and that's when I thought about it, but I wasn't pressing and trying to get 50 points. It just came to me in the flow of the game.

"It feels great to do it at the young age of 22," he added. "That's the tip of the iceberg."

Stoudemire scored on a variety of shots -- dunks, jumpers and power moves to the basket.

"It wasn't all power tonight, because a lot of moves were finesse out there," said Stoudemire, who also had 11 rebounds. "The power moves allow me to finesse it up and catch them off-guard."

The Suns have the NBA's best record at 26-4 and have won 22 of their last 24 games, including eight straight at home.

Richardson added 20 points, capping a key fourth-quarter 12-2 burst with a 3-pointer, and Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson each scored 15.

Darius Miles led Portland with 25 points, Zach Randolph had 22 points and 14 rebounds, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds.

Stoudemire, who had 20 points in the final period, shot 20-of-27 from the field and 10-of-17 from the foul line to set a new career high and amass the highest point total by a Phoenix player since Tony Delk scored 53 against Sacramento in a 121-117 overtime loss Feb. 2, 2001. Stoudemire's previous high was 38, set against Minnesota during his rookie year and against New Orleans earlier this season.

Only Tom Chambers, with 60 and 56, and Delk have scored more as a Suns' player than Stoudemire. Cliff Robinson also had 50.

"I told (Stoudemire) that if he starts learning to make free throws, he could score 75," Richardson said, laughing. "You don't see anyone miss seven shots and score 50."

Stoudemire said he once scored 68 points in an AAU game.

Phoenix led only 83-81 before Stoudemire began the decisive run, scoring the first nine points. By the time he and Richardson finished the Suns' surge, Phoenix was safely ahead 95-83.

Miles was among the many Portland players impressed by Stoudemire's performance.

"He just makes one move and he can go hard one way and jump over his defender," Miles said.

After falling behind 30-22 in the first period, the fast-paced Suns matched a season high with 41 points in the second quarter and led 63-56 at halftime.

Stoudemire was nearly unstoppable in the first half, scoring 26 points on 11-of-15 shooting, including five dunks.

In the opening period, dominated by the Blazers' front line, only Stoudemire (12) and Richardson (10) scored for Phoenix. Those two combined to hit 10 of 14 field goal attempts, but the rest of the team was 0-for-9.

But in the second period, the Suns' took over with their running game, outscoring the Trail Blazers 10-0 on fast-break points and hitting 64 percent (16-of-25) of their shots.

In addition to Stoudemire's 16 points in the second quarter, Marion chipped in with 10.

Stoudemire took only two shots in the third quarter and scored four points, but seven consecutive Phoenix points by Johnson late in the period kept the Suns ahead 83-79 heading into the fourth quarter.

Game notes
Portland's Theo Ratliff, the league's fifth-leading shot-blocker, and Phoenix's Leandro Barbosa, the Suns' No. 2 point guard, were late pregame scratches. Ratliff missed his second straight game because of bursitis in his left shoulder and Barbosa was out with chicken pox. Barbosa will not travel to Minnesota on Tuesday or Houston on Wednesday. ... Randolph is one of five players in the league averaging at least 20 points and 10 rebounds per game. The others are Minnesota's Kevin Garnett, Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki, San Antonio's Tim Duncan and Miami's Shaquille O'Neal. ... Phoenix needs only three more victories to equal its total of 29 from last season.

Marco
AT EC 2004 winner

Bericht door Marco » di jan 04, 2005 3:08 pm

How to become a hero...:
Afbeelding

Gemaskerde LeBron James stond al paraat

di 04/01/05 - In de Amerikaanse basketbalcompetitie (NBA) heeft een gemaskerde LeBron James Cleveland naar een overwinning geloodst. Miami ging maandagnacht voor de eerste keer sinds lang de boot in.

Vorige woensdag brak LeBron James nog zijn kaak na een contact met Houston-speler Mutombo. Nog geen week later loodste het supertalent de Cleveland Cavaliers alweer naar een overwinning.

De 20-jarige James stond tegen de Charlotte Bobcats met een speciaal masker op het parket, maar dat deerde hem niet. Hij werd topscorer van de match met 26 punten. Het werd 83-94.

Afbeelding

Grote verrassing in Miami: na 14 opeenvolgende zeges heeft de Heat nog eens verloren (96-98).

In de topper tegen de Seattle Supersonics stond geen maat op Ray Allen. Hij was goed voor 35 punten. Dwyane Wade en Shaquille O'Neal (Miami) scoorden "maar" 28 en 25 punten.

jabu

Bericht door jabu » wo jan 05, 2005 7:06 pm

Sibon in zijn wekelijkse column in de Sportweek van deze week :D :
Nog een wedstrijd van de New York Knicks gezien?
"Ze hoefden niet te spelen."
Haha, je had me al een mail gestuurd waarin je meldde dat je valse kaartjes had gekocht.
"Ja, verdomme, Remkoe, ik heb de nodige zelfspot, maar dit is wel het domste van domste. Bij Madison Square Garden kaartjes gekocht van een man, enthousiast wachten in de rij, met name ik, kijken die mensen naar mijn kaarten. Ik zeg nog:'En, waar moeten we precies naartoe?' Zegt die ene vrouw:'Terug.' Heb nog geprobeerd echte kaarten te kopen, maar dat ging niet meer. Zeventigduizend man! Voor een basketbalwedstrij!"

Buijtendijk

Bericht door Buijtendijk » ma jan 10, 2005 11:29 am

Wereldwijd een populaire sport dat basketball.

Even een update vwb de stand:

Stand
Team G W L Pct
Amsterdam 13 10 3 .769
Groningen 13 10 3 .769
Den Helder 14 10 4 .714
Den Bosch 12 8 4 .667
Leeuwarden 13 8 5 .615
Bergen op Zoom 14 7 7 .500
Nijmegen 12 5 7 .417
Zwolle 13 5 8 .385
Rotterdam 12 3 9 .250
Weert 13 3 10 .231
Almere 13 2 11 .154

jabu

Bericht door jabu » wo jan 12, 2005 8:27 am

Eerste zege EiffelTowers; verlies MPC en Demon

Na de uitschakeling van MPC Capitals voor de ULEB Cup vorige week en al heel veel eerder die van EiffelTowers voor dezelfde competitie, lijkt nu ook de eliminatie van Demon Astronauts in de FIBA Europe Cup aanstaande. De Amsterdammers verloren in Polen met 67-51 van Anwil Wloclawek en weten nu dat de laatste drie wedstrijden gewonnen moeten worden om nog als vierde in de groep te kunnen eindigen.
Overige uitslagen: Tuborg (Tur)-Mons Hinaut (Bel) 93-84 en Strasbourg (Fra)-Khimki (Rus) 88-109

In Zadar kwam MPC Capitals ook niet verder dan 51 punten en dat waren er veel te weinig om bij het geroutineerde KK Zadar ook maar de minste paniek te veroorzaken, Het werd na een ruststand van 43-26 uiteindelijk 74-51.
Overige uitslagen: Cholet (Fra)-Maroussi (Gri) 67-72, Gran Canaria (Spa)- Telindus Oostende (Bel) 83-73

EiffelTowers heeft het zwaar geschonden blazoen een beetje kunnen oppoetsen door de voorlaatste wedstrijd van de poule in de ULEB Cup te winnen. Het werd tegen Le Mans Sarthe 67-66 en dat was niet alleen voor de thuisploeg een opkikker, het was voor de Fransen een uiterst pijnlijke nederlaag, die weleens zou kunnen betekenen dat Le Masn de boot naar de tweede ronde mist.
Overige uitslagen: RheinEngergie (Dui)-Hemofarm (S&M) 85-84 en Euphony Liege (Bel)-Ventspils (Let) 69-95
http://www.basketballsite.nl

jabu

Bericht door jabu » wo jan 12, 2005 8:43 am

Shirt Smits in trek
BUNNIK - Er is behoorlijke belangstelling voor de gesigneerde memorabilia van Rik Smits. De voormalige NBA-vedette bood de Nederlandse basketbalbond onlangs onder meer sportartikelen ter veiling aan. De opbrengst gaat naar giro 555.

Voor een authentiek shirt van de 2,24 meter lange oud-center van de Indiana Pacers heeft een liefhebber 1150 euro over. Opmerkelijk is dat Smits linker basketbalschoen meer in trek is dan de rechter. Er is respectievelijk 300 en 250 euro geboden voor zo'n "reuzenslof". De veiling op de website van de NBB eindigt op 19 januari (12.00 uur).
http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport

Marillion
Site Admin

Bericht door Marillion » do jan 13, 2005 12:01 pm

In het begin van het seizoen zeggen de uitslagen mischien nog niet zo veel maar de Chicago Bulls zijn toch aan een opmerkelijke serie bezig. De ploeg die al jarenlang tot de slechtste ploegen van de NBA behoort heeft zich de afgelopen weken van 3-14 naar 15-18 gespeeld.

Philadelphia was het laatste slachtoffer:

Code: Selecteer alles

Bulls blitz Sixers

CHICAGO, Jan. 12 (Ticker) -- Rookie Ben Gordon and the Chicago Bulls have come a long way in a month. 

Gordon continued his scoring surge with a season-high 31 points as the Bulls rolled to their fifth straight win, a 110-78 trouncing of the Philadelphia 76ers. 

NBA TV highlights from 
Sixers-Bulls: 300k   
On December 10, the Bulls suffered a 93-88 home loss to the 76ers to drop to 3-14. In that game, Gordon scored just four points on 1-of-5 shooting. 

The following night, Gordon scored 31 points in a victory over Minnesota, sparking Chicago (15-18) on a run that has seen them win 12 of 16 games and climb into playoff contention in the Eastern Conference. 

"It's more mental than physical," Gordon said. "You just have to have a strong will and bring the same game out with you every night. I am still learning that." 

The third overall pick in the draft, Gordon has led the Bulls in scoring six times during that stretch, averaging 16.5 points. 

"It's a matter of conditioning and maturity," Gordon said. "I needed to show (Bulls coach) Scott Skiles that I could compete on both ends of the court. If you don't play defense, you won't play for coach Skiles." 

Coming off the bench, Gordon made 10-of-16 shots and did most of his damage late. He scored 19 points in the fourth quarter, including three 3-pointers in a 15-2 run that opened the period and gave Chicago an 89-63 lead. 

"They did just what a team should do when they realize the other team has no energy or they sense that the other team is not ready to play or to win a basketball game - you blow them out and do not let them back in a game," said 76ers guard Allen Iverson, who had 21 points and eight assists. 

Eddy Curry scored 24 points and Kirk Hinrich added 16 and nine assists for the Bulls, who have held their last 20 foes under 100 points. They did not register their 15th win last season until February 12. 

"We did some nice things out there against a very good team," Skiles said. "I thought our zones that we used four different times helped frustrate them a bit." 

"They have become the No. 1 defensive field-goal team in the league. That shows you are working your butt off in practice and you are well-coached," 76ers coach Jim O'Brien said. "They defend you and they now have a lot of inside and outside weapons." 

Curry scored 16 points in the first half, when Chicago took the lead for good. The Bulls used a 15-3 run to build a 41-29 lead before settling for a 45-38 halftime edge. 

"Lately, we pride ourselves in playing defense," Curry said. "That is our main objective out there, to really shut teams down. When we do it right, we can be tough to beat." 

Consecutive three-point plays by Curry pushed the advantage to 57-44 early in the third quarter. Chicago held a 74-61 lead entering the final period and blew out Philadelphia in the second half, when it scored a staggering 65 points. 

"They have been playing better," Iverson admitted. "When you win four in a row, you add confidence and swagger. They have that." 

Marc Jackson scored 17 points and Corliss Williamson added 14 for the 76ers, who have lost three in a row and come full circle since their last visit here. That win ended a season-high six-game slide and triggered a 9-4 surge that included a highly successful West Coast road trip. 

Wat vinden de kenners van Chicago? Hebben ze nu eindelijk de stijgende lijn te pakken of is het slechts een tijdelijke opleving?

jabu

Bericht door jabu » vr jan 14, 2005 3:23 pm

Volgens mij voldoen ze op dit moment gewoon redelijk aan de verwachtingen. Aan het begin van het seizoen werden ze toch gezien als playoff kandidaat. Ze begonnen alleen heel slecht. Nu zijn ze op dreef geraakt en halen ze de schade in. Ik denk dat ze het voorlopig wel goed blijven doen en in de race voor een playoff plaats zich zullen gaan mengen.

Voor de liefhebbers is onderstaande link er leuk:
http://espn.go.com/motion/download.html ... D_LHN_Text

ESPN laat allerlei interessante fragmenten uit wedstrijden nu online zien. :xyxthumbs:

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di jan 18, 2005 10:39 pm

Vanavond voor het eerst sinds jaren weer eens een basketball wedstrijd bezocht. Gezamelijk met Buijtenhetveld. Ook de befaamde Maartoe even de hand mogen schudden.
Het doet me deugd dat zovele nieuwe generatie ajacieden gebruik hebben gemaakt van het aanbod een wedstrijd van de astronauts gratis te bezoeken. Weliswaar zonder vlaggen en sjaaltjes, maar door het voortdurend scanderen van 'Defense' toch duidelijk als zodanig te herkennen!
I think I lost my fucking headache

Buijtendijk

Bericht door Buijtendijk » di jan 18, 2005 10:43 pm

Desondanks werd er een hoop gescoord. 90-97.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di jan 18, 2005 11:06 pm

allemaal intikkertjes...a la Koeman pas de laatste 11 seconde met risico's voor de driepunters!

jabu

Bericht door jabu » di jan 18, 2005 11:45 pm

Er liepen wel wat Apie Happies bij die Russen rond. ;)

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo jan 19, 2005 2:31 pm

En spelers die niet 1-2-3 omvielen.

Ik had trouwens de eer om samen met de heer buijtengemeengeconcentreerdkijkend achter de heer Kales te mogen zitten, hier welbekend!

Buijtendijk

Bericht door Buijtendijk » do jan 20, 2005 8:50 pm

Dat zegt uiteraard iets over de zetels waarop wij zaten.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » do jan 20, 2005 9:17 pm

Mooie zetels, jammer alleen dat Kales er niets van snapt..ik denk dat hij onze mooie astronauts om wil vormen tot een club met voetbalmentaliteit en sfeer!

Buijtendijk

Bericht door Buijtendijk » do jan 20, 2005 9:21 pm

In basketballland moeten wij niets hebben van mensen met een voetbalverleden!

jabu

Bericht door jabu » do jan 20, 2005 11:45 pm

Wij gaan voor schoolmeesters zoals ex ALO-er Boot. :X

Buijtendijk

Bericht door Buijtendijk » vr jan 21, 2005 7:48 pm

Of voor pseudo-psychologen!

jabu

Bericht door jabu » ma jan 24, 2005 12:16 am

Lucas, Buijtendijk, Marillion, Marco en alle andere volgers van het Nederlands Basketball. De All Stars van de Nederlandse competitie kunnen weer gekozen worden :nailbite: via http://www.basketballsite.nl

Buijtendijk

Bericht door Buijtendijk » ma jan 24, 2005 9:19 am

Ze zijn er één vergeten! :furious3:

jabu

Bericht door jabu » ma jan 24, 2005 9:23 am

Buijtendijk schreef:Ze zijn er één vergeten! :furious3:
Je had ook graag op coaches willen stemmen?

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » ma jan 24, 2005 9:28 am

Ik denk dat Buijtenmededinging graag op Kales had gestemd!!

jabu

Bericht door jabu » ma jan 24, 2005 9:36 am

Frank Kales of één van beide zonen Sander of Oscar?

Buijtendijk

Bericht door Buijtendijk » ma jan 24, 2005 9:36 am

Sander, Oscar?? Neen! Buijtendijk is de meest onderschatte basketballer van dit hoog aangeschreven basketballland. En pas op of ik ga mijn mailbox hier legen! De aanbiedingen vliegen je om de oren.

jabu

Bericht door jabu » ma jan 24, 2005 9:37 am

Buijtendijk schreef:Sander, Oscar?? Neen! Buijtendijk is de meest onderschatte basketballer van dit hoog aangeschreven basketballland. En pas op of ik ga mijn mailbox hier legen! De aanbiedingen vliegen je om de oren.
Op coach of spelersgebied?

Plaats reactie