ogame oyna
ogame oyna

24/25 JUL 2018; Ajax - Sturm Graz; CL Qualifying

Games, teams and line-ups

Moderators: Kowalczyk, ajaxusa, mods

24/25 JUL 2018; Ajax - Sturm Graz; CL Qualifying

Postby Orange14 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:29 pm

The draw for the 2nd round of the Champions League qualifying took place today and Ajax drew Sturm Graz of Austria. Home match is in late July with the return away game a week later. Except for those on WC teams or on holiday, players reported for physical evaluation yesterday.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!
User avatar
Orange14
 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: 24/25 JUL 2018; Ajax - Sturm Graz; CL Qualifying

Postby SPL » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:54 pm

Not sure what sort of starting 11 we will put out .We must win this tie.At the very least we need to be playing Europa League this season.
SPL
 
Posts: 9161
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:22 pm
Location: WORTHING ENGLAND

Re: 24/25 JUL 2018; Ajax - Sturm Graz; CL Qualifying

Postby Orange14 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Date is confirmed for July 25. ten Hag stated that all those on WC duty will report back and play as needed in this match.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!
User avatar
Orange14
 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: 24/25 JUL 2018; Ajax - Sturm Graz; CL Qualifying

Postby Ayman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:15 pm

Although Ajax have a bad record against Austrian teams in recent times, Red Bull Salzburg and Rapid Vienna, didn't Ajax beat Sturm Graz in a CL qualifying round in the early 2000s?
Ayman
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:50 pm

Re: 24/25 JUL 2018; Ajax - Sturm Graz; CL Qualifying

Postby Orange14 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Ayman wrote:Although Ajax have a bad record against Austrian teams in recent times, Red Bull Salzburg and Rapid Vienna, didn't Ajax beat Sturm Graz in a CL qualifying round in the early 2000s?

Almost!! I looked up some of those qualifications and in 2003-04 Ajax qualified against Grazer AK; it's in the same city but a different club.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!
User avatar
Orange14
 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: 24/25 JUL 2018; Ajax - Sturm Graz; CL Qualifying

Postby Ayman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Orange14 wrote:
Ayman wrote:Although Ajax have a bad record against Austrian teams in recent times, Red Bull Salzburg and Rapid Vienna, didn't Ajax beat Sturm Graz in a CL qualifying round in the early 2000s?

Almost!! I looked up some of those qualifications and in 2003-04 Ajax qualified against Grazer AK; it's in the same city but a different club.


Thanks for the correction.
Ayman
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:50 pm

Re: 24/25 JUL 2018; Ajax - Sturm Graz; CL Qualifying

Postby Orange14 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:53 pm

@Ayman - This is a great website: http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/afc-ajax/ You can get historical results and team rosters
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!
User avatar
Orange14
 
Posts: 6584
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: 24/25 JUL 2018; Ajax - Sturm Graz; CL Qualifying

Postby Ayman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:13 am

Orange14 wrote:@Ayman - This is a great website: http://www.worldfootball.net/teams/afc-ajax/ You can get historical results and team rosters


Thanks Orange14... Check this out.

Now managed by former Bayern Munich youth manager, Heiko Vogel, Sturm Graz will line up with Austrian Footballer of the Year, Peter Zulj.

Zulj scored 10 goals in the Austrian Bundesliga last season as well as getting 17 assists, catching the interests of English sides Fulham and Queens Park Rangers.

The Blackies also have former Germany international Christian Schulz in their ranks, with the 35-year-old offering experience to the Austrian sides defence.

Ajax will certainly go into tie as massive favourites but will need to be careful if they want to play in the biggest club competition in the world.

https://oranjedivisie.wordpress.com/201 ... turm-graz/
Ayman
 
Posts: 2168
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:50 pm


Return to Match of the Day

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

ogame oyna