ogame oyna
ogame oyna

George Ogararu

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Postby GangstaRiB » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:50 pm

philippe wrote:Colin did not look good during the Arsenal game, what do you think ?


I must say that he progressed. Defensive he is pretty solid, offensive is not much at the moment.

Van der Wiel is by the way also a very good option!
GangstaRiB
 
Posts: 11801
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: Purmerend

Postby Kowalczyk » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:00 pm

Yeah, I really like V/d Wiel. I would definitely prefer him over Colin.

I'll give Colin the benefit of the doubt, by the way. I've only seen one game in its entirety (Rangers) and I thought he was really shit, but apparently he's had a decent A'dam Tourney (while I was on holiday).

Back on topic: unlike certain people in the Dutch zones I am an Ogararu fan. I think he had a fantastic second half of the season. To me, he'd be a starter beyond dispute, but not everybody agrees on that.

K.
Still alive...
User avatar
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:54 pm
Location: AMSTERDAM

Postby jamcocteau » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:02 pm

Kowalczyk wrote:Back on topic: unlike certain people in the Dutch zones I am an Ogararu fan. I think he had a fantastic second half of the season. To me, he'd be a starter beyond dispute, but not everybody agrees on that.

K.


Have to agree with you there. Ogararu came into the team and quickly established himself as a starter.

Those who are maybe not liking him as he is not the silky player they would like to see in an Ajax shirt but at the end of the day he is a defender. He possesses qualities I like to see in a defender - strong tackling, not always jumping into tackles, playing the simple pass and if required, will belt the ball 50 yards into the stand rather than try to play himself out of trouble. This being something too many Ajax defenders in the past have been guilty of, resulting in possession being lost needlessly and on occasions goals.

A lot of people also tend to forget that when Ogararu did get forward last year to support the wingers he did in fact supply better crosses to Huntelaar than any of our supposed wingers. In the 2nd half of the season Ogararu was not as forward as much as would like to have seen but I believe that this was as a result of the inbalance in our midfield which tended to leave the flanks open if the full backs pushed forward.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.
jamcocteau
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:09 pm

Postby Venezuelan Ajacied » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:20 pm

Kowalczyk wrote:Yeah, I really like V/d Wiel. I would definitely prefer him over Colin.

I'll give Colin the benefit of the doubt, by the way. I've only seen one game in its entirety (Rangers) and I thought he was really shit, but apparently he's had a decent A'dam Tourney (while I was on holiday).

Back on topic: unlike certain people in the Dutch zones I am an Ogararu fan. I think he had a fantastic second half of the season. To me, he'd be a starter beyond dispute, but not everybody agrees on that.

K.


Ogararu ?? Yep i like him too, he's a very balanced defender and maybe thats his strengh and his weakness at the same time. He's not an ofensive right back like Trabelsi once was and his defensive capabilities are not like the one Grygera possesed...But he is ok at both ends of the pitch....and thats all good for me.

I have yet to catch a glimpse off Van der Wiel...but everything i have heard is good.
BRING IT ON !!!!...
User avatar
Venezuelan Ajacied
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Melbourne,Florida.

Postby Kowalczyk » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:27 pm

Good news: George Ogararu is almost ready for action and he's working towards the Heracles away game on Saturday 15 September. He thinks he will be ready for that one.

Again: some of the people in the Dutch Zones don't seem to rate this guy, but he was one of my 'players of the year' last season (probably #3 behind Sneijder and Davids, but just ahead of Gabri) and I think we seriously miss his forward drive, his crosses and also his concentration and quality tackling in defense.

Would be great if he could play against Heracles and be 100% match fit for Zagreb away.

K.
Still alive...
User avatar
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:54 pm
Location: AMSTERDAM

Postby Cedric » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:41 pm

That's a really good news. I don't know if he was a "man of the season" but I really like him. Too bad he couldn't play against Slavia.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"
User avatar
Cedric
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:56 pm
Location: Normandie

Postby bryan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:50 pm

Ogararu is great, a no-nonsense defender who gets the job done. We need a couple more of those!

And as you say, he isn't too shabby going forward either.
User avatar
bryan
 
Posts: 4163
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:46 pm
Location: Amsterdam / Uppsala / Lund

Postby Venezuelan Ajacied » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Kowalczyk wrote:Good news: George Ogararu is almost ready for action and he's working towards the Heracles away game on Saturday 15 September. He thinks he will be ready for that one.

Again: some of the people in the Dutch Zones don't seem to rate this guy, but he was one of my 'players of the year' last season (probably #3 behind Sneijder and Davids, but just ahead of Gabri) and I think we seriously miss his forward drive, his crosses and also his concentration and quality tackling in defense.

Would be great if he could play against Heracles and be 100% match fit for Zagreb away.

K.


He is th best right back we have at the moment.... that is reason enough to be glad to have him back.
BRING IT ON !!!!...
User avatar
Venezuelan Ajacied
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:54 am
Location: Melbourne,Florida.

Postby Kowalczyk » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:28 am

Excellent. He's been declared fit and will be in the squad for Saturday,

K.
Still alive...
User avatar
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:54 pm
Location: AMSTERDAM

Postby ajax-erie » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:27 am

STAM will play Saturday at Heracles Almelo,last year STAM refused to play
on their pitch (artificial)
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX
ajax-erie
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:24 am
Location: ERIE-USA

Postby SE6Ajacied » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:42 am

ajax-erie wrote:STAM will play Saturday at Heracles Almelo,last year STAM refused to play
on their pitch (artificial)


Well the way he's played in the last couple of games I don't think he's in any position to make such demands this season. I'm not saying I'd drop him from the team but if he refused to play for whatever reason that might be a different story.......
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!
User avatar
SE6Ajacied
 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:14 pm
Location: Still quite close to London SE6

Postby Kowalczyk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:53 am

George Ogararu has dropped out of the Ajax squad. Adrie Koster decided to leave him behing. The right fullbacks in the Ajax squad are Bruno Silva and Jurgen Colin. "Colin did well against Utrecht, so he deserved to stay in the squad." In a face-to-face conversation Koster told Ogararu that he is dissatisfied with the Romanian's performances of late.

... which is, of course, totally understandable. I've always liked Ogararu: I thought he had a very good first season (fine crosses, alright as a man-marker), but he really is struggling 'Urby style' this season. NEC vs Ajax must have been his worst game as an Ajacied. He simply couldn't stop his man and his forward drive is pretty much non existent at the moment, so no quality crosses, either.

With three right fullbacks in the squad, Koster had to take a decision, and for now he's taken the right one. Too bad for Oga. Pick up some form in the 'shade' (Young Ajax?) and fight back. You're good enough for it, even though everybody's coming down on him like a ton of bricks right now.

K.
Still alive...
User avatar
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:54 pm
Location: AMSTERDAM

Postby gordonvandekamp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:35 pm

Kowalczyk wrote:George Ogararu has dropped out of the Ajax squad. Adrie Koster decided to leave him behing. The right fullbacks in the Ajax squad are Bruno Silva and Jurgen Colin. "Colin did well against Utrecht, so he deserved to stay in the squad." In a face-to-face conversation Koster told Ogararu that he is dissatisfied with the Romanian's performances of late.

... which is, of course, totally understandable. I've always liked Ogararu: I thought he had a very good first season (fine crosses, alright as a man-marker), but he really is struggling 'Urby style' this season. NEC vs Ajax must have been his worst game as an Ajacied. He simply couldn't stop his man and his forward drive is pretty much non existent at the moment, so no quality crosses, either.

With three right fullbacks in the squad, Koster had to take a decision, and for now he's taken the right one. Too bad for Oga. Pick up some form in the 'shade' (Young Ajax?) and fight back. You're good enough for it, even though everybody's coming down on him like a ton of bricks right now.

K.




Man, I really hope Colin has improved then. He had one good game against Utrecht, but I'm not sure I'd feel confident enough to take him over Ogararu, even considering the way Ogararu has been playing.

Hopefully it benefits both in the long run and he can use the time to continue improving.
User avatar
gordonvandekamp
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:20 pm
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Postby Kowalczyk » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:48 am

Ogararu has joined his previous club, Steaua Bucharest, on a one year loan deal. After that he will have one year left on his Ajax contract (expiring in summer 2010).

Let's discuss this dude in the Ajax Players On Loan thread this season.

K.
Still alive...
User avatar
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:54 pm
Location: AMSTERDAM

Re: George Ogararu

Postby Kowalczyk » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:49 am

Also looking for a new club: George Ogararu. Sparta Rotterdam wanted to land him on loan, for the remainder of the season, but Ogararu turned them down. So he's still here, basically.

K.
Still alive...
User avatar
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:54 pm
Location: AMSTERDAM

Re: George Ogararu

Postby Kowalczyk » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:43 pm

FC Sion (Switzerland). Free transfer.

George Ogararu is now a Former Player, ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks, George.

K.
Still alive...
User avatar
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:54 pm
Location: AMSTERDAM

Previous

Return to Not the 9 o'clock Ajax News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

ogame oyna