ogame oyna
ogame oyna

Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: Kowalczyk, ajaxusa, mods

Re: Former Ajax Players

Postby Ayman » Wed May 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Orange14 wrote:
Ayman wrote:Some of you remember the Frank and Ronald de Boer saga, almost 20 years ago, just after the world cup, where they announced they wanted to leave! This was, of course after they had signed a contract with Ajax until the year 2004!!!! Here's the link, pretty interesting analysis, especially Frank de Boers epiphany https://www.theguardian.com/football/19 ... story.ajax

Great post

Guys think about this. 20 years ago we couldn't keep key players at 28. Fast forward to today we struggle to keep key players at the tender age of 18!!! God help us!!!!
Ayman

Postby SPL » Thu May 24, 2018 11:27 am

Only 3 really big rich clubs outside of England ie Real ,Barca and Bayern. All others are selling clubs. PSG just a rich mans toy in a smaller league . EPL has become too rich at the top 6.The other 14 are financially in a different league although they all get 100m per season from TV.
SPL

Postby Ayman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:23 pm

Viktor Fischer: "I thought I was better than Ajax. The problem now is that the young players perform well at Ajax but instantly think they're Madrid/Barca worthy, which brings hostility and negativity in camp. It doesn't work like that"
Ayman

Postby zeux » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:40 pm

Ayman wrote:Viktor Fischer: "I thought I was better than Ajax. The problem now is that the young players perform well at Ajax but instantly think they're Madrid/Barca worthy, which brings hostility and negativity in camp. It doesn't work like that"

They should print this - in a large font - and hang it in the locker room. In a golden frame. And neon arrows pointing to it.
Spot on qoute.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring
zeux

Postby Ayman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:00 am

zeux wrote:
Ayman wrote:Viktor Fischer: "I thought I was better than Ajax. The problem now is that the young players perform well at Ajax but instantly think they're Madrid/Barca worthy, which brings hostility and negativity in camp. It doesn't work like that"

They should print this - in a large font - and hang it in the locker room. In a golden frame. And neon arrows pointing to it.
Spot on qoute.

I tweeted Justin Kluivert about it !
Ayman

Postby SPL » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:37 am

Davy Klaassen joins Werder Bremen for 14m euros. I wish him all the best and he will do well in Germany.Everton just the wrong club at the wrong time.

He is now 25 but before he is 30 I predict he will be back at Ajax. About a year or so a go his Dad said he would happily play for Ajax all his career but probably will try abroad at 24 or 25 but return before he is 30.

This will be just like Daley.Donny is a similar type think he too will leave for 4 or 5 years and return.These 3 are real Ajax kids ie they try the big outside world but we all know their hearts are in Ajax.

I will say these 3 are good players but not world toppers.
SPL

Postby SPL » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:03 pm

Timothy Fosu-Mensah joins Hertha Berlin on a season's loan ,Dilrosun has already left Man City and gone to Berlin.

I guess Hertha is possibly a step up from Crystal Palace but had he stayed and played regularly for us he would be looking at bigger clubs to join by now.
SPL

Postby SPL » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Hedweges Maduro has retired age 33 ,finished in Cyprus. Has said recently he will start training and Ajax is where he wants to be.

Last post above was a bit premature as Fosu-Mensah has not yet left Manu.
SPL

Postby SPL » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:47 pm

Fosu-Mensah joined Fulham on a season's loan.
SPL

Postby Orange14 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:29 am

It's now reported that Richedly Bazoer can leave Wolfsburg as he is not going to get much playing time. I remember the time when he was being valued as a potential player for Barcelona and I used to make fun of him in my player ratings. It's sad that these players don't receive an honest appraisal of their abilities (or maybe they do and do not choose to believe them). Bazoer had some good matches with Ajax but his lack of handling skills was always holding him back from moving to a higher level. I wish him well wherever he ends up.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!
Orange14

Postby SPL » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Anwar El Ghazi has joined Aston Villa in the championship.
SPL

Postby souras84 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:00 pm

And provided an assist on his maiden appearance!
May the Force be with you
souras84

Postby Orange14 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:29 pm

Vurnon Anita has signed with Willem II and will be joining Aras Ozbilitz in Tilburg.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!
Orange14

Postby SPL » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Bazoer to Porto
SPL

Previous

Return to Not the 9 o'clock Ajax News