ogame oyna
ogame oyna

Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Former Ajax Players

Postby Kowalczyk » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:02 pm

Let's see... what news did we miss since the old SoccerPages forum went down...?

Jari Litmanen to Hansa Rostock?

Anyway: this was always a very popular thread on SoccerPages, so let's make it a long one!
Last edited by Kowalczyk on Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still alive...
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section

Re: News on Former Ajax Players

Postby carcajou » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:09 pm

Kowalczyk wrote:Let's see... what news did we miss since the old SoccerPages forum went down...?

Jari Litmanen to Hansa Rostock?

Anyway: this was always a very popular thread on SoccerPages, so let's make it a long one!

We missed the infamous Hertha Berlin affair too, involving Rafael Nando. He alledgedly took part in bets on games alongside two other player of his team.
carcajou

Postby mr_cooper » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:07 pm

I heard that nando is not one of the gamblers. it was only rumours, but you can never know.
mr_cooper

Postby Kowalczyk » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:24 pm

mr_cooper wrote:I heard that nando is not one of the gamblers. it was only rumours, but you can never know.

Yeah, that's the firty thing about the whole affair... Everyone is now pretty much accusing everyone. Almost everyone is denying and I believe that Nando is innocent, for the simple reason that he isn't even prominent enough to be a key player in this. At the time he was hardly a starter for Hertha Berlin, so it seems unlikely that the Yugo picked him as a player with the power and influence to win or lose games for them... Nando is a newbie. I just can't believe he's involved.

Referees, goalkeepers, veteran defenders - that's the category of people you would think of, not teenage strikers with hardly any experience...
Still alive...
Kowalczyk

Postby mr_cooper » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:26 pm

by the way, what with agreement between hertha and ajax? does nando will come back in the future?
mr_cooper

Postby Kowalczyk » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:29 pm

mr_cooper wrote:by the way, what with agreement between hertha and ajax? does nando will come back in the future?

They agreed that if Ajax want to buy him back, Hertha will give Ajax the right to the 'first bid'. In other words: they will first talk to Ajax, before doing business with other clubs. Sort of gentlemen's agreement.
Still alive...
Kowalczyk

Postby mr_cooper » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:31 pm

but he need to get first a working aprovel. this was the problem last time
mr_cooper

Postby Kowalczyk » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:38 pm

mr_cooper wrote:but he need to get first a working aprovel. this was the problem last time

Exactly. One of the criteria to get a working permit for The Netherlands could be "considerable experience in a major European football league". If he plays for Hertha for a couple more years, he will have that experience and it might be enough for a Dutch working permit.

Ridiculous, these differences within the E.U. How can the rules for Holland and Germany be so different, apparently? Strange, but true.
Still alive...
Kowalczyk

Postby Amol » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:05 pm

But doesn't he play for their national team ?
Amol

Postby mr_cooper » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:24 pm

I think that in holland its not depend in the player national team performence. its not like in the UK. am i right Kowalczyk?
mr_cooper

Postby LucaS » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:33 pm

Not quite right..
A player from outside the EU has to have played for the national (youth)team, or has to have proven himself in a strong competition. And I think he has to be at least 18 to get a contract (and has to be offered a salary of at least 350.000 euro)..

It's something like this, but I'm not 100% sure, so please correct me if I'm wrong..
'Dat is het mooie van Europees voetbal, je zag na afloop alleen maar stervende Duitsers op het veld liggen - Valentijn D.
LucaS

Postby mr_cooper » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:58 pm

there is someone here that can tell us exactly how its work?
mr_cooper

Postby astabooty » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:58 am

Lucas wrote:Not quite right..
A player from outside the EU has to have played for the national (youth)team, or has to have proven himself in a strong competition. And I think he has to be at least 18 to get a contract (and has to be offered a salary of at least 350.000 euro)..

It's something like this, but I'm not 100% sure, so please correct me if I'm wrong..

this is basically how it is, although i think you are missing some things on youth (not sure that they have to have youth NT experience), but the main point is that non-eu needs to earn at least 350k
astabooty

Postby ajaxusa » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:56 am

Speaking of Litmanen... Read this and tell me it doesn't make you want to cry. So damn familiar...

http://www.soccer365.com/EUROPEAN_NEWS/Rest_of_Europe/page_109_90848.shtml
ajaxusa

Postby Kowalczyk » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:04 am

ajaxusa wrote:Speaking of Litmanen... Read this and tell me it doesn't make you want to cry.

It's also hilariously funny, in a tragic way... I mean, he's hardly played a game of football in the past two or three years, but he somehow still manages to describe his injury as a "slight Achilles tendon problem". The guy must have a great, sarcastic sense of humour indeed...

It's almost like a Blackadder scene - World War One series. Imagine a soldier crawling around in the trenches, with one of his legs completely blown off. His captain says: "What do you think you're doing, private? We're about to attack!" Soldier answers: "Yes Sir. I seem to have a slight problem with my leg, Sir, but I'll be ready by the time you blow the whistle."
Still alive...
Kowalczyk

Postby 666 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:50 am

Blackadder nicked it from Monty Python. King Arthur (Graham Chapman) vs. The Black Knight (John Cleese) in The Holy Grail.

Jari is indeed The Black Knight. Check out the evidence here.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Site Admin

Youssouf Hersi

Postby Kowalczyk » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:42 am

Still alive...
Kowalczyk

Postby Ramona » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:45 am

Youssouffffffff.... :inlove2 in a nice shirt.... now he looks like a wasp... X'C
Ramona
Erelid, Toto winner 03/04, EC 08

Postby mr_cooper » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:59 pm

but there is no rule that dont alowed you to play for a countrey if you played in the u-21 of another one?
mr_cooper

Mido

Postby Timbers107 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:34 am

Mido made his debut today for Tottenham (what's this, his 34th team in the last 5 years?). Tottenham beat Portsmouth 3-1, and Mido scored two. Great debut, and at least for a couple days he'll be a fan favorite.
Timbers107

Postby astabooty » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:40 am

mr_cooper wrote:but there is no rule that dont alowed you to play for a countrey if you played in the u-21 of another one?

If a player is u21 and has duel (or multiple) citizenships, then he is allowed to play for a youth national team and still be able to play for a senior national team with another country.
astabooty

Postby jakobg » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:16 am

Jari Litmanen played his first match for Hansa Rostock yeasterday. He played the full 90 minutes as Rostock played 2-2 against Schalke at home, and was also selected Man Of The Match.

Great debut for Jari. I hope he can stay injury free for a while now. He'd really deserve it. :cheer:
Has anyone seen the Limecat?
jakobg

Postby Kowalczyk » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:40 am

jakobg wrote:Jari Litmanen played his first match for Hansa Rostock yeasterday. He played the full 90 minutes as Rostock played 2-2 against Schalke at home, and was also selected Man Of The Match.

However, it must be added that Hansa Rostock weren't too happy with the result. They were 2-1 up and seemed to have it pocketed, but then Markus Allbäck hit someone in the face, got sent off and then Schalke equalized in stoppage time...

Still: great début for Jari. Absolutely. Hope he'll stay fit.

K.
Still alive...
Kowalczyk

Postby mr_cooper » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:30 pm

astabooty wrote:
mr_cooper wrote:but there is no rule that dont alowed you to play for a countrey if you played in the u-21 of another one?

If a player is u21 and has duel (or multiple) citizenships, then he is allowed to play for a youth national team and still be able to play for a senior national team with another country.

when de-ridder was in israel with ajax he told me that he cant play for israek national team because he played in holland u-21
mr_cooper

Mr S

Postby Kowalczyk » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:37 pm

Manneken Pis wrote:Hmmm.....Wesley Sonck scored twice today to help Borusia MG to a 3-2 win.

I still think he will come back to haunt us one day.......
Still alive...
Kowalczyk

Next

Return to Not the 9 o'clock Ajax News