ogame oyna
ogame oyna

Joël Veltman

News and discussion

Moderators: Kowalczyk, ajaxusa, mods

Joël Veltman

Postby Kowalczyk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:21 pm

Veltman/Denswil... It's been a looooong time since the Ajax youth system produced such a talented 'heart of defence'.

Veltman is looking great and... he has been called up for Oranje already!

K.
Still alive...
User avatar
Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
 
Posts: 13845
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:54 pm
Location: AMSTERDAM

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby SPL » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:01 am

He is now our new captain ,with Zeefuk as standby we dont need a new right back.
SPL
 
Posts: 9114
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:22 pm
Location: WORTHING ENGLAND

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby souras84 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:03 pm

How do things change in 4 years!!!!
May the Force be with you
User avatar
souras84
 
Posts: 1498
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:06 am
Location: Alexandroupolis, Greece

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby Orange14 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Veltman's season is done. Turns out the challenge last night resulted in a cruciate knee injury. It's likely that he won't be transferred away this summer because of this. Bad luck.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!
User avatar
Orange14
 
Posts: 6556
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby SPL » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:17 pm

I thought the VVV thug had broken his jaw but this is a lot serious
SPL
 
Posts: 9114
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:22 pm
Location: WORTHING ENGLAND

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby Ayman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:38 pm

This could also mean the end of Veltman's career, he may not even be able to return to the starting line up at Ajax, and from then on, may have to seek a move elsewhere to kick start his career, e.g. Nice.
Ayman
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:50 pm

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby Orange14 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:33 pm

Ayman wrote:This could also mean the end of Veltman's career, he may not even be able to return to the starting line up at Ajax, and from then on, may have to seek a move elsewhere to kick start his career, e.g. Nice.

According to the report I read he had a similar injury when he was a youth player but it didn't say if this was the same knee.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!
User avatar
Orange14
 
Posts: 6556
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby Ayman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Orange14 wrote:
Ayman wrote:This could also mean the end of Veltman's career, he may not even be able to return to the starting line up at Ajax, and from then on, may have to seek a move elsewhere to kick start his career, e.g. Nice.

According to the report I read he had a similar injury when he was a youth player but it didn't say if this was the same knee.


I guess we have to wait until after the scan, perhaps he needs surgery, but all in all, the danger here, is that he could slide into obscurity, which would be a great shame, since he set the field alight when he first started playing for the first team.
Ayman
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:50 pm

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby Orange14 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:17 pm

I remember that they were so uncertain about Veltman making the first team that they went out and spent a fair amount for Mike van der Hoorn. Veltman won the CB position and van der Hoorn was sold three years later for less than what Ajax paid (I think it was less).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!
User avatar
Orange14
 
Posts: 6556
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby Ayman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:32 am

Joel Veltman out of action for approximately 6 to 9 months. Gosh
Ayman
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:50 pm

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby Amol » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Ayman wrote:Joel Veltman out of action for approximately 6 to 9 months. Gosh


When I saw the angle of his knee bent sideways, it did not look good at all.

Chin up Joel. See you on the pitch soon.
User avatar
Amol
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: New York

Re: Joël Veltman

Postby Orange14 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Amol wrote:
Ayman wrote:Joel Veltman out of action for approximately 6 to 9 months. Gosh


When I saw the angle of his knee bent sideways, it did not look good at all.

Chin up Joel. See you on the pitch soon.

During the match this didn't occur to me; I was just looking at the shot to his head. There really should have been a card issued to the VVV striker.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!
User avatar
Orange14
 
Posts: 6556
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD


Return to Not the 9 o'clock Ajax News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

ogame oyna